• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Touhoumon Heartgold V1.1

Crown Prince

Illustrator baby
Years
    • he/they/she
    • Seen Apr 5, 2023
    Hiya Pokecommunity! Name's Prince/Bratty (not Tye since he's not on here) and I'd like to present a romhack that's been long in the making. Inspired by older Touhoumon hacks of the previous generations, we're glad to present:

Title.png

What Is Touhoumon?
    Ever heard of Touhou Project, the bullet hell video game series? The one that's been running since the 90s? The one with amazing music?

It's got a lot of characters, with varying factions of humans and spirits and ghosts and youkais and gods... One day, someone thought: "How about we swapped the pokemon in games with the Touhou characters?" and BAM! Touhoumon was born.

It was stuck in the Gen III for a long while. But with the help of Tye and others, the game was soon transported to new grounds: HeartGold!

What Is It About?
    Touhoumon Heartgold keeps the original story of the game, but as you'll soon notice that many aspects of it have changed. And if you've played Gen III Touhoumon romhacks, you will find this quite refreshing as well:

• Overhauled Sprites and Puppets: Not a pokemon creature in sight... All the pokemon have been replaced by puppets, all of which were designed after Touhou Project characters. Shinies are available, and some of the older sprites from earlier generations have been reworked and improved. Best of all, characters up to Touhou 18 are available! Most of these puppets will have only two stages of evolution, but many have multiple choice evolutions and are formed depending on the shards (stones) used on them. Some are support, attackers, tanks... So experiment and see which puppets you love!
    • New Typings: It's no longer the usual 17 types available in Gen IV. There's the usual Fire and Water and... Earth? Reason? Beast!? Fight your way through the new and unique typings, learning how to best your opponents. And don't worry: the Gym Leaders has been updated to reflect it as well (there's a type chart available in the files). Speaking of...
    • New Moves: New typings, new moves. Flash is no longer just an accuracy cutter but a Faith-type attack. Silver Wind is now a highly damaging move that can lower SpD. There's Killing Bite, Blade Flash, LUNATIC, and many new moves for you and your puppets to try out! Even ones that seem innocuous at first like Tackle can be advantageous due to its typing. And worry not for those who want to experiment: HM moves are now deletable and TM moves infinite.
    • QOL Improvements: Not just infinite TMS, but also: maxing out stats is possible with vitamins, the game is console compatible, HP bar moves much faster now, and EVs are now capped at 252.
    • Functioning Battle Frontier: Yeah, it works. Personally, it's one of the best parts of the original game, and no doubt was a great part of this game as well. And with new typings and characters at play, you can now experience it like never before!
    • Custom Songs: If you don't know Touhou, you may have heard of the song Bad Apple on youtube. Well, that's a Touhou remix! And with this hack, the battle music has been replaced with pokemon-styled Touhou remixes. Whether it be a puppet encounter, a gym battle, beating up those pesky rockets, you can do it whilst enjoying the nice tunes as well!

Links?
    You can find the patch and documentation in the following link. As it may be updated in the future for bug fixes and whatnot, the link won't change.

Screenshots
    Intro.png
    CRemilia.png

Yuuma_Follow.png
    5_Junko_Reisen.png

4_Seija.png
    Wakasagihime_Well.png

7_Nemuno_Dex.png
    6_Pokeathelon.png

Hecatia_Formes.png
    Factory.png

Credits
    Tye: Developer and did nearly everything
    HemoglobinA1C, Reimufate, AGSMGMaster64, Hanabi, Barudo, and BluShell: Made most of the Touhoumon sprites
    ぱたー (Pater): Made three custom songs
    KecleonTencho, a-TTTempo, and ShinkoNetCavy: Made the other custom songs
    Bratty (me): Made puppetdex entries for newer puppets​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hi, it's me, Blade. I'm the guy on Discord who likes Sanae a lot (but am actually torn between her and Reisen as my fave 2hu.) I'm just saying thanks for sharing this hack outside of Discord to expand on who can download it. also good work on the dex entries. Here's to hoping the mods don't delete or lock this thread

Crown Prince

Illustrator baby
    Years
    • he/they/she
    • Seen Apr 5, 2023
    Hi, it's me, Blade. I'm the guy on Discord who likes Sanae a lot (but am actually torn between her and Reisen as my fave 2hu.) I'm just saying thanks for sharing this hack outside of Discord to expand on who can download it. also good work on the dex entries. Here's to hoping the mods don't delete or lock this thread

Lol, hopefully not. Yeah, since Tye is not on here, I'm the one that's sharing it. If there's going to be another update (balance, sprite improvements, move desc, etc) imma update on here as well.

Crown Prince

Illustrator baby
    Years
    • he/they/she
    • Seen Apr 5, 2023
    This is amazing, it's beautiful!
    I was not expecting this LOL, this is really an amazing job! Thank you foe making this, i appreciate your effort.

Thanks, but I only did the later dex entries. Most of that thanks should go to Tye, the dev for this hack. He's done an enormous job in this, considering the still many limitations of the DS Gen IV system.

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
    Years
  • This looks interesting. I have zero idea who these girl are, but I am so eager to try your hack=33

Crown Prince

Illustrator baby
    Years
    • he/they/she
    • Seen Apr 5, 2023
    This looks interesting. I have zero idea who these girl are, but I am so eager to try your hack=33

Thanks for considering! The production for it had been going on for quite a while, so I'm quite glad it got finished. should there be updates, it shouldn't mess with your existing saves.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Yeeeeeeeeees... My Touhoumon addiction has been transfered to the NDS at last🎉

Currently at the first gym, chose Sanae cuz I'm always team Modern God mamas(Suwako, Kanako and Sanae), tweaked around a little to find out if it's compatible with HeartGold Cheats(It is, oh thank the completion gods, it is) and am pleasantly surprised at the PC era Marisa, Yuuka, Reimu and the rest.

I'd probably make a team out of the good oldies just for screenshot quality, to be honest.

Either way, this just added to my good streak of romhacks this year; Mirage of Tales got an update, this beautiful hack happened, real good stuff!

Crown Prince

Illustrator baby
    Years
    • he/they/she
    • Seen Apr 5, 2023
    Yeeeeeeeeees... My Touhoumon addiction has been transfered to the NDS at last🎉

Currently at the first gym, chose Sanae cuz I'm always team Modern God mamas(Suwako, Kanako and Sanae), tweaked around a little to find out if it's compatible with HeartGold Cheats(It is, oh thank the completion gods, it is) and am pleasantly surprised at the PC era Marisa, Yuuka, Reimu and the rest.

I'd probably make a team out of the good oldies just for screenshot quality, to be honest.

Either way, this just added to my good streak of romhacks this year; Mirage of Tales got an update, this beautiful hack happened, real good stuff!

I play it as a nuzlocke since it's oft my favourite way to do so, and it's been challenging so far.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2022
    I had a question that i was curious about. Im about 3/5ths through Johto atm (Team Rocket Radio tower) and was wondering where i can find a list of the locations of the evolution shards. I got one from the delivery quest early on and one from mom, but my team is really falling behind since im not wanting them to evolve into the wrong form. (Ironically i have the one for Yukari i want but she's not available to me yet <.<) Are they just 1:1 with stones from HG? Because if so that really sucks that they're all late game...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi!
    Having a lot of fun with this game. Seeing Touhoumon evolve into Gen 4 feels incredibly good and I like the flow so far.
    I have the same question as the user above me - Are evolution shards exactly the same way as regular HGSS? Those games are arguably the hardest ones to get evo stones from, and considering how a lot of 2hus have plenty of different forms, evolving them all to Vanilla is gonna be very boring. I really want to try out more different forms.
    Appreciate the help! If there are no evo shard changes yet, I'm sure many people would appreciate seeing them at a shop around the 5th-6th gym!

Thanks in advance!

Crown Prince

Illustrator baby
    Years
    • he/they/she
    • Seen Apr 5, 2023
    I had a question that i was curious about. Im about 3/5ths through Johto atm (Team Rocket Radio tower) and was wondering where i can find a list of the locations of the evolution shards. I got one from the delivery quest early on and one from mom, but my team is really falling behind since im not wanting them to evolve into the wrong form. (Ironically i have the one for Yukari i want but she's not available to me yet <.<) Are they just 1:1 with stones from HG? Because if so that really sucks that they're all late game...

The stones are replaced with the shards. Due to that, the main way tp get the shards quickly is through the pokeathlon dome since their prizes changes each day.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Years
  • Many thanks! I just reached the parts in the game that have these Shards and have evolved some of my 2hus.
    Just wondering by the way - is Dark Alice available? If so, how can I get her?
    Thanks again :)

Crown Prince

Illustrator baby
    Years
    • he/they/she
    • Seen Apr 5, 2023
    Many thanks! I just reached the parts in the game that have these Shards and have evolved some of my 2hus.
    Just wondering by the way - is Dark Alice available? If so, how can I get her?
    Thanks again :)

I have my dark alice and she uses dusk shard, which can be found in the bottom of the burned tower

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2022
    Hi. Just asking, but do I have to use a manual randomizer to randomize the encounters? Or does the randomizer patch do that already?

Tye

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    The randomizer patch is to make the rom (mostly) compatible with the Universal Pokemon Randomizer. The randomizer program doesn't like edited static encounters. The patch also shortens/skips some early game cutscenes.
    There's 2 known issues with the randomizer though: The "Fix Music" option for legendary encounters will cause the game to crash on Route 39, and Move Tutor moves can't be randomized.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2022
    Hi,

I was wondering if there's a file with the sprites for each character?

Thank you very much.

Years
    • Seen today
    Is there documentation for the evolutions? Cause there doesn't seen to be anything in the stats.cvs file to indicate how some puppets evolve into their alternate forms.

Back