• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Toy Story 4

blue

gucci
Years
  • "Toy Story is coming back for another instalment, and original film director John Lasseter is on board to direct. Variety reports that the film will be released in June, 2017. This is likely to be exciting, if trepidatious news for fans of Pixar and the series: Pixar has increasingly relied on sequels for big hits, while creating new series has been put on the back burner. It's likely that Pixar's move toward sequels is in part a result of being owned by Disney, which would rather see Pixar continue to mine its most successful properties — of which Toy Story is perhaps the biggest."

Source

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I totally flipped when I read that Toy Story 4 was coming out. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS, SERIOUSLY ._.

Although it's a long stretch, I wanna see the old toys from Toy Story & Toy Story 2. When I heard that they were given away at a garage sale before Toy Story 3, my heart just shattered there ;~;

pkmin3033

I do not approve of this. Toy Story 3 had such a perfect ending! The TV specials are alright as one-offs, but another full-fledged movie...well, I just don't like the idea really, it undermines the fantastic ending the third film has. They don't NEED to make a fourth film.

...that said, I'll probably go to the cinema to see it. I can still remember being overjoyed when I got my Buzz Lightyear; those were so hard to get a hold of when the first film came out because of how quickly they sold. xD

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Didn't they say back in 2010 that there won't be anymore Toy Story movies after the third film and instead shorts? This announcement only means that they've backpedaled what they've said, so now I fear it's gonna be a major letdown by the fans and critics like every fourth installments to franchises (Phantom Menace, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, On Stranger's Tide, etc.).

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I don't want this. Toy Story 3 wrapped up everything nicely. I don't need a non-Andy trilogy. And the holiday shorts they've put out in recent years have been pretty lackluster

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I agree with the general sentiment of this thread. On the one hand I'm super excited because I love Toy Story but on the other I thought the ending to Toy Story 3 was perfect so it does feel a bit unnecessary. Hopefully the film proves me wrong though ;P

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I also have mixed feelings.

I love the Toy Story franchise, I really do. But the problem was that Toy Story 3 was so good as an ending. Nigh everything came full circle, for Andy, for the toys... it really was amazingly done.

There are some Pixar folks in charge of production, but the report I read only mentioned Disney... hmm. We'll see how it turns out I suppose. We've got a few years yet before it actually comes out, after all.

Back