• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostinite

PrettyFrosty
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Well i have finished the game, just beat my first sweep in Battle Resort
    Singles: Battle Chatelaine Nita. Dragonite wiped the floor!

Currently Seeking Mirage Caves to continue to capture dittos for that ever so Elusive 6IV'r!
    up to now i've only manage 1 4IV A royal pain but it will be done!

My team so far

Gardevoir Lv.82
    Pyroar Lv.83
    Sceptile Lv.83
    Milotic Lv.88
    Dragonite Lv.90

Also debating an electric type and switching Sceptile for another just unsure.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Just defeated Flannery, I also set myself a rule that I'll only use the exp share from one gym battle to the next one, now that I've defeated Flannery I'll be switching it off again for a while

Team:

Marshtomp Lv33
    Breloom Lv32
    Ponyta Lv31
    Gardevoir Lv31
    Shelgon Lv30

I also have Lv28 Linoone on my team that i'm using for it's pickup ability until I reach route 120 where I'll catch an Absol

Edit: Also defeated Norman, I forgot how close those two gyms are two each other, my team is the same as above except they've all gained 1 level apart from Marshtomp

Last edited:
    Years
    So, I guess I should write an entry in here.

I got the game two weeks ago. I SR'd for a shiny Treecko and got him around 3000 soft resets. So, now I am really beginning to play the game.

I collected my shiny Beldum and I am using him sometimes until I find a good replacement. Those attacks just feel so powerful. It one shots almost everything.

On my way to Rustboro, I played around with the DexNav and caught a Taillow with Boomburst. Then, onwards to Rustboro! I loved the Gym design and Roxanne looked so cute! Got back Peeko from the Grunt and then headed to Dewford.

I decided to catch a water type. Either Magikarp or Tentacool. I decided to go with Tentacool since I used Magikarp back in Ruby and figured I would do something different. Then, I thought, it would be cool to fish up a shiny! So, I chain fished for a good few hours. I got three shiny Magikarps before getting my shiny Tentacool. I trained it up a bit and took on Brawly. My Taillow took on his Machop and my Tentacool took on his Makuhita. Tentacool was level 11 and did great against it. Combination of Supersonic + Poison Sting (it got poisoned) and Acid took it down in no time.
    I love the design on the Granite Caves, it was pretty cool. I went back to Petalburg Woods and got a Slakoth/Shroomish for Flash and Cut.

I just arrived in Slateport and I am loving the game so far.

My team:
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal

Level 15 Level 15 Level 8 Level 13 Level 12 Level 5

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    After taking care of more unfinished business, such as completing the Trick House and training up Anorith to be on par with everyone else, I beat Norman. It wasn't the easiest challenge because of Swagger and Yawn shenanigans from Slaking, even with Truant. I still managed to pull through because of Normal resistances in Metang and Anorith and the raw power of Swampert. I also rescued Latias from Team Aqua and right now it's my Surfer. Originally, I intended Lombre to be my Surfer, but after realizing I don't have the Soar ability yet, I decided against it and made Latias the Surfer. I want to explore the water routes between Petalburg and Slateport before I press on.

Current team:

Swampert, male, level 41
    Travel Journal

-Strength
    -Rock Slide
    -Water Pledge
    -Bulldoze
    Nature: Adamant

Metang, level 36
    Travel Journal

-Hold Back
    -Iron Head
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Rock Smash

Gardevoir, male, level 36
    Travel Journal

-Moonblast
    -Psychic
    -Magical Leaf
    -Flash
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Trace

Swellow, male, level 36
    Travel Journal

-Roost
    -Aerial Ace
    -Steel Wing
    -Quick Attack
    Nature: Naughty
    Ability: Scrappy

Anorith, male, level 36
    Travel Journal

-Cut
    -Bug Bite
    -Rock Tomb
    -Metal Claw
    Nature: Jolly

Latias, female, level 36
    Travel Journal

-Surf
    -Dragon Breath
    -Mist Ball
    -Psycho Shift
    Nature: Timid

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    [This is gonna be another super-long post. Sorry!]

Day: 008

First thing I do in the morning is immediately head towards the Team Magma Hideout, and let me just say, wow. Just… Wow. Ok, this has got to be one of my all-time favorite interior re-designs in this game so far. The Hideout looks amazing, especially in comparison to the original. I am also extremely happy to see they kept the Warp Panels, and that the animation and SFX have not changed! I absolutely love it in here. Wow.

In any case, as I defeat a couple of Grunts, my Vibrava evolves into Flygon, having my entire team finally reach their last evolutions! I work my way around the Hideout, finding a couple of interesting things along the way. The first one being the library and shelves that speak about PROJECT AZOTH, a really nice addition to the Hideout that tells us more about their plans and what Primal Reversion actually is. They also merge the story from X/Y a bit into this one, which is something I've noticed throughout my journey that I really appreciate.

As I continue to investigate I also stumble upon Courtney and Tabitha's rooms, both of which further show us more of their personality, which was a really nice touch. I also find what a scientist calls "The Magma Suit", which I originally thought was just the Team Magma uniforms, but I am later proven wrong about that fact. It seems that Tabitha and Courtney aren't the only rooms I can reach, as I manage to find my way into Maxie's room, as well. In here I find two Electrodes [*grumbles*], a Nugget and the fabled Master Ball. I've always found it hilarious that you just straight up steal it from him.

When I finally get to reach the floor with the Submarine Explorer 1, I am delighted to see that the area has been made much larger and it now includes both more Grunts and more of information about their plans [in regards to the Submarine] scattered about. This really does feel a lot more like a Hideout now. I also find a really interesting new addition, a Team Magma Grunt Quintuplet group to battle! Afterwards I come upon Courtney [rather than Tabitha like in the original], who is serving as a distraction to me while Maxie and the rest inside the Submarine get ready to escape. I battle her, but just like last time it is too late. She does, however, hints at the Team's next destination. I then [reluctantly] leave, heal and then make my way through Route 124 towards Mossdeep City!

Before entering the City I go to the Shoal Cave and capture all the Pokémon there and investigate for a bit. Afterwards I enter Mossdeep City, heal my Pokémon and just walk around town, talking with everyone. After I'm done with that, I go and challenge this city's Gym! Now, this Gym has been completely redesigned, and I actually like it a lot more than the original! It keeps the same core traveling method while still managing to make it visually fit not only the brand new aesthetic of the Gym, but the theme of Psychic type Pokémon. The complexity of the original's puzzle may be gone, as this one is a lot more straightforward, but the overall new design definitely makes up for it, in my opinion. This has got to be my favorite Gym so far. When I reach Tate & Liza and talking to them, I am greeted with what is probably the nicest Gym Leader stance and animation before a battle. They are also now my favorite Gym Leaders so far. I am saddened to see that they each have only one Pokémon, but regardless I make quick work of them and receive the Mind Badge!

The moment I step outside of the Gym, a new scene exclusive to this remake takes place. An earth-shattering sound rings around the island city, causing the ground the shake and accompanied by a green beam of light out in the sea that stretches onto the sky. Steven is amongst the crowd of onlookers when he notices me. He decides we should talk in private, so we head on to his house where he then explains what that sound and light was. It seems that the seal which was holding Groudon has been undone, and Steven fears it won't be long before Team Magma awakens him. In an effort to help him stop them, he hands me the Steven Gift #5, HM07 Dive, along with Steven Gift #6, the Devon Scuba Gear [an item I very much appreciate as it makes Diving make a lot more sense]. He gives me an idea of where to find the Seafloor Cavern and tells me that he will join me later.

With all of that in mind I leave Steven's House and go out in search of the Seafloor Cavern on Route 128. Once I find it, I enter the cave from under water and wonder why the Submarine isn't there, since I remember it being there in the original game. When I come up to the surface, however, that question is answered. It does actually make more sense for it to be on top if no one's in it. I go through the Seafloor Cavern, pretty content with seeing that it had been mostly unchanged, aside from a few things here and there. When I finally find Maxie it seems that, unlike the original, Archie has reached the him before I did. Not only that, but I absolutely love what they did with Groudon in this scene. I love the fact that he is now in a lava pit, submerged and out of reach from our characters, and that he has solidified into stone. It is a really nice change that is both "new" and extremely reminiscent to the original game!

In any case, Maxie is overjoyed at not only managing to find the super-ancient Pokémon he had been searching for so long, but also because Archie and I, the two who have been trying to stop him, are there to witness it. In his manic state he challenges me to a battle, promising he'll use Mega Evolution for the first time against me. The battle stage during this is just stunning. Having my Pokémon standing on lava during a battle feels fantastic. It seems that, even after being brutally beaten by a kid, Maxie's manic state continues. He laughs maniacally and speaks more about Groudon and the power of Primal Reversion. He's about to use the Red Orb [contrary to the original game] when Tabitha bursts into the scene and begs him to stop, which is also new to the remake and I rather enjoy this change.

Feeling betrayed Maxie awakens Groudon regardless, the stone shell covering it breaking off and revealing the super-ancient Pokémon at last! Groudon then leaps out from his crevice, onto the surface, and causes a massive ball of fire to form above Sootopolis, creating the strong, blistering heat that encompasses everything. With a pool of lava beneath his feet to help him move, Groudon slowly begins making his way towards Sootopolis. Maxie is called by some members and told that the heat is a lot worse than they had anticipated. Baffled by this sudden turn of events, the group decides to return to the surface and see for themselves.

Once we're out of the caverns we are greeted by a heat like no other. Maxie realizes the grave implications of what he has just done, but a little too late. Archie scolds him further and apologizes on his behalf for what has just transpired. He explains how the Cave of Origin located at Sootopolis houses a pool of the energy that Groudon craves to achieve Primal Reversion [an extremely cool addition to the story, as it explains why Groudon left and changes location]. With that, they leave to try and see what they can do. Just as they leave, however, Steven arrives and explains how this is exactly what is depicted happened centuries ago on the mural at Granite Cave [a great callback to an already fantastic addition to the story] and then leaves toward Sootopolis in hopes of finding a way to help. I am now back in control.

Now, let me start off by saying that the story is playing out a lot smoother and nicer than in the original game, and that's saying a lot seeing as how Gen 3 is my favorite in the series. Not only do I love the changes and addition to the story that make it work so much better, but I am also really pleased with the way they make the heat look in this game! Anyway, I get up on Aggron's back set sail for Route 126 in search for the entrance of Sootopolis!

I spend way too much time battling all of the trainers that surround Sootopolis, both above and under water, but eventually I reach the City! Once inside I am smacked clean in the face with nostalgia. Sootopolis was one of those places that stood out to me greatly as a kid, and I love being able to revisit it, filly remade in 3D. In any case, I heal my Pokémon, restock on some items, save and then call it a night!

~My Current Team:
    Travel Journal

Sceptile Lvl. 53
    Timid @ Sceptilite
    Ability: Overgrow
    - Leaf Blade
    - X-Scissor
    - Dual Chop
    - Grass Pledge

Travel Journal

Gallade Lvl. 53
    Jolly @ Metronome
    Ability: Steadfast
    - Close Combat
    - Rock Smash
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Psycho Cut

Travel Journal

Manectric Lvl. 52
    Timid @ Manectite
    Ability: Lightning Rod
    - Ice Fang
    - Overheat
    - Volt Switch
    - Strength

Travel Journal

Aggron Lvl. 52
    Docile @ Aggronite
    Ability: Sturdy
    - Rock Slide
    - EArthquake
    - Iron Head
    - Surf

Travel Journal

Sharpedo Lvl. 52
    Adamant @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Rough Skin
    - Crunch
    - Secret Power
    - Ice Fang
    - Dive

Travel Journal

Flygon Lvl. 53
    Adamant @ Soft Sand
    Ability: Arena Trap
    - Uproar
    - Fly
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I was planning to take on the Regis today, but then I noticed that I overslept while unlocking the doors and had to go through the currents again. Whoops!

Candela's Legendary Hunt Journal: Day 3

Travel Journal

Entry 7: Ho-Oh

Well this has got to be the fastest and easiest catch ever. Amimi stayed alive as I put it to sleep, Shadow Balled its face 'til the red zone, and caught it in only 4 Pokeballs. I expected better, Ho-Oh!

Travel Journal

Entry 8: Heatran

Heatran... got crit once, destroyed my team twice with timed Burns (as in, giving the burn when they survive with low HP), and caught on my fourth try. Damn Heatran.

Anyway, as usual Amimi leads, but the gods of RNG said that Sing will not work this time, and Amimi fainted. Lamiroir was out, bringing the lava dome Pokemon close to one HP, and I began to chuck out my Pokeballs.

The thing won't stay put though, unlike Ho-Oh. 17 wasted and Lamiroir as well as Skywind got the blow thanks to its Burns. Damn Heatran.

Rock J was out as I chuck out my Ultra Balls this time. 3 Balls and it's mine. That'll teach you. >(

~End Day 3 of the Legendary Hunt~

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Defeated Winona, the battle was easy even without an electric type pokemon on my team

Team:

Swampert Lv37
    Breloom Lv35
    Ponyta Lv36
    Gardevoir Lv35
    Shelgon Lv35
    Absol Lv37 (caught at this level using dexnav)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Aaaaand done!
    Travel Journal

Seeing the credits sequence gave me a whole new appreciation for Ninjask. Little guy was with me all the time, it seems. You rock, bro. Totally the MVP of the whole game. (And the E4)

Elite Four was easy, except Steven, but Mega Metagross got bopped by Shiftry's Foul Play eventually.

Years
    Ok, well, I've decided to contribute to this thread as well.
    Sadly, I have already begun my adventure long ago (Nov. 28th) and already played through most of the storyline.
    However, I thought this would be a good moment to record my Hoenn League Adventure.
    I think it'll be nice to read back to this later as well.
    I will try to limit my post space as much as I can by adding spoilers for every "chapter".
    About me:
    I play under the following rules
    Spoiler:

Alright, my current team consists of:

Spoiler:

Interlude
    Spoiler:

Elite Four
    Spoiler:

And seeing as it's 3:35 AM now, I'll call it a day. I'll be sure to update later.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    Day: 009

Now that I'm more awake, before heading to the Cave of Origins I take a short look around the City, taking in just how beautiful this 3D version of it looks and how fantastic the blazing sun effect is. It literally started hurting my eyes at one point. That is fantastic. After I'm done taking in the sights, I make my way towards the Cave when I find Steven talking to someone else. He introduces the man as Wallace, the Gym leader of this City and protector of the Cave of Origins. We head on towards the entrance where we find Maxie, Tabitha and Archie waiting for us. Here is where the game starts to deviate from the original a lot more, adding a lot of brand new scenarios and elements. Leaving the fate of the world in my hands, Maxie hands me the Magma Suit, an outfit that should be capable of withstanding contact with Magma. They fear it may not be enough due to Groudon's unexpected power, though Wallace and Archie assures us I should be fine since I hold the Blue Orb, which is said to calm Groudon. They all give a small speech in which they let me know that although all hope rests on my shoulders, they know I'll be able to pull through. May joins in out of the blue to offer her faith in me, as well. Now, knowing that the entire world's fate rests on me [no pressure], but also that everyone has my back and believes in me, I head inside the Cave of Origins.

Once I head through the first opening I am instantly glad to see that they have removed the need for Flash inside of the cave. I continue to go through it, feeling a strong sense of nostalgia at every earthquake that happens, while also enjoying the addition of a roar in between some of them. After going even deeper, instead of finding Groudon what I find is an empty pool of lava. I change into my Magma Suit and attach the Blue Orb to it, causing it to activate [I'm guessing] and make Groudon not only resurface, but keep him calm. Maxie communicates with me through the Magma Suit and tells me to ride on Groudon's back so that it can lead me to the source of the energy, then the transmission gets cut off and I am left alone with a super-ancient Pokémon. Groudon starts moving and I leap onto its back, holding onto it for dear life as he traverses the lava. I assume the Blue Orb is what's causing him to be so chill about this, but regardless, we reach the source of the energy, I pull off the Magma Suit [for some reason] notice that my PokéNav Plus has gone haywire, and then get ready to face-off against the Legendary Pokémon! [Even though the scene that lead up to this was completely different, I am really glad they kept his outerworld appearance extremely similar to the original game, managing to bring me back to the time I faced him as a kid, regardless of the differences. I love it. And don't get me started on the music.]

After a fierce, gruesome battle with it I manage to catch it! Once I do, the entire cave begins to shake and I run out. As I do, the pseudo-sun Groudon created shatters and the world is back to its original, peaceful state. Everyone from all over the region gather around, finding shelter in the night sky once more as the overwhelming heat has lifted. Maxie and Archie both reflect on the error of their ways, with Tabitha encouraging his leader to strive to right his wrongs, before they all approach me. Maxie, along with the others, thank me for all that I've done and, without any further use of it, hands me the Red Orb, which will now allow me to use Primal Reversion during battle. After they leave, Steven begins to explain about how changes are happening all around Hoenn and that he hopes to hear about my experiences with them at a later time. He goes on to give me Steven Gift #7, the Eon Flute, the item that allows me to do one of the best new additions in this game: Soar. He leaves me alone with May, who tells me about how she feels inadequate next to me, but then brushes it off and says she faked the whole thing. After that obvious lie, she advices me to take it easy for a while and then leaves, as well, leaving me back in control! I make sure to talk to everyone in town before I heal my Pokémon, head on to the Gym, save and then call it a night!

~My Current Team:
    Travel Journal

Sceptile Lvl. 54
    Timid @ Sceptilite
    - Leaf Blade
    - X-Scissor
    - Dual Chop
    - Grass Pledge

Travel Journal

Gallade Lvl. 53
    Jolly @ Metronome
    - Close Combat
    - Rock Smash
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Psycho Cut

Travel Journal

Manectric Lvl. 53
    Timid @ Manectite
    - Ice Fang
    - Overheat
    - Volt Switch
    - Strength

Travel Journal

Aggron Lvl. 52
    Docile @ Aggronite
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Iron Head
    - Surf

Travel Journal

Sharpedo Lvl. 52
    Adamant @ Rocky Helmet
    - Crunch
    - Secret Power
    - Ice Fang
    - Dive

Travel Journal

Flygon Lvl. 54
    Adamant @ Soft Sand
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fly
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I've stopped my legendary hunts after this one legendary as I have to finish my breeding requests and ORAS has no circling areas like Lumiose (Battle Resort doesn't count) so I'm switching to Y 'til everything's over.

Candela's Legendary Hunt Journal: Day 3 - Night

Travel Journal

Entry 9: Registeel

After getting swept by the currents multiple times (and coming back to take the Relicanth and Wailord out of the PC, whoops), I finally made it to the ruins underneath Route 134. Good thing I still remembered the requirements to unlock the door.

I then flew to Route 121, 'cause it's much shorter to reach Registeel's hiding spot from there. Entering the ruins, I examined the inscription on the wall and tried to solve it. Let's say... it includes failing to open the door even when I still remember how to open it, re-translating the Braille, getting confused with the cryptic writing unlike how it was at RS, ended up googling for the answer only to find out that I was correct all along, and then found out that I was one step below the center point. Bah.

Registeel wasn't being cooperative as well. The thing refuses to go to sleep, sleeping about 3 times out of the 15 PP I wasted on it, and refuses to stay inside its Pokeballs. The thing doesn't even have Pressure! This has to be my longest catch in ORAS so far, considering that the others only took around 20 Pokeballs, and at least they were much more cooperative when I lulled them to sleep.

The thing wasted about 15 Luxury Balls and about 40 of my Ultra Balls. God, I hate Registeel now.

~End Day 3 - Night of the Legendary Hunt~

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I've already done my exploring in the sea routes and I was disappointed that I couldn't explore everywhere without Dive, just like in the originals. I also messed with the DexNav again to see if I could get Rapid Spin Tentacool, and it worked. Everyone knows how much of a pain it is to chain-breed for those things, right? Anyway, I also cleared Team Aqua out of the Weather Institute and I noticed that Shelly was having second thoughts about Team Aqua's goals after reading up on the Weather Institute's research. This aspect is what made me glad that Game Freak fleshed out the Aqua/Magma admins' personalities.

I also beat May, Anorith also evolved into Armaldo and I made it to Fortree. I expected the Secret Base music to play in Fortree, but the Fortree version has its own slow remix of the Secret Base theme.

Current team:

Swampert, male, level 45
    Travel Journal

-Strength
    -Rock Slide
    -Muddy Water
    -Bulldoze

Metang, level 40
    Travel Journal

-Hold Back
    -Iron Head
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Rock Smash

Gardevoir, male, level 40
    Travel Journal

-Moonblast
    -Psychic
    -Magical Leaf
    -Flash
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Trace

Swellow, male, level 40
    Travel Journal

-Fly
    -Aerial Ace
    -Steel Wing
    -Quick Attack
    Nature: Naughty
    Abiilty: Scrappy

Armaldo, male, level 40
    Travel Journal

-Cut
    -Bug Bite
    -Rock Tomb
    -Metal Claw
    Nature: Jolly

Latias, female, level 40
    Travel Journal

-Surf
    -Dragon Breath
    -Mist Ball
    -Psycho Shift
    Nature: Timid

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    After beating Archie (dat background) in a fairly easy battle (only M-Sharpedo gave me trouble), I witnessed Kyogre's awakening. I then flew to Sootopolis, met up with Steven and Wallace, then headed for the Cave of Origin, where I encountered Archie, Shelly and Maxie. Primal Kyogre itself took 3 tries: 1st attempt, my team was KO'd; 2nd attempt, I KO'd Kyogre. The pre-battle cutscene was amazing, so no complaints here, the last attempt only took me around 6 or 7 Net Balls.
    Once everything was settled, I healed up and challenged Sootopolis Gym. Wallace himself wasn't much of a hassle - all I really had to do was watch Gallade and Manectric's health.
    Rain Badge in hand, I headed for Ever Grande City after some backtracking. Temporarily gave Gallade and Metagross HMs for exploring Victory Road (will delete these shortly afterwards). The dungeon itself wasn't difficult, although some aspects that weren't in the originals caught my off-guard.
    Encountered Wally at the end; I have to say, I love the background and music in this battle. In any case, he wasn't too much of a challenge either - apart from my own Altaria and Gallade, I used two other mons once. Felt it was fitting to send out M-Swampert against his M-Gallade.

Currently collecting Secret Base flags whilst level grinding for the Elite Four thanks to Gabby & Ty. I'm aiming for lv.52.

Current Team:
    • Swampert lv.49
    • Gallade lv.48
    • Manectric lv.48
    • Altaria lv.48
    • Metagross lv.48
    • Ninetales lv.49

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Just defeated Wallace (I defeated Liza and Tate earlier but forgot to post, my team at the time were around Lv44-45)

Team:

Swampert Lv47
    Breloom Lv47
    Rapidash Lv47
    Gardevoir Lv47
    Shelgon Lv47
    Absol Lv48

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Maybe I should use this thread too?

About 45 minutes ago:

Travel Journal

Now onto the Delta Episode!

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2014
    Hi guys! I'm new here...
    And I've been a pokemon fan since 1998!
    And, well when I got this game, I actually paid over 80$ for it, because I live outside the states. But I couldn't wait the week before we left.
    Hehe.

Ruby and Sapphire were one of my favorite gens.
    Seeing it remade is... Pure joy!

I'm SO glad they did this.
    My team currently is my 32 lvl shiny Umbreon.
    26 lvl Axew, 31 lvlEspeon, 26 lvl Shiny butterfree. Faraligator and one I've forgotten and obviously don't care about XD

I LOVE THIS GAME!
    Best game since Crystal.
    Yes... I'm that old school.

I forgot to mention, I was a breeding maniac, so I have lots of shinies that I brought over from X and Y. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    Day: 010

Today has got to be my most uneventful day yet. I was so busy that I honestly did not get to play all that much. In any case, what my day mostly consisted of in terms of Pokémon was facing off against the final Gym! I was extremely happy to see that the majority of the Gym was left unchanged, especially the ice-cracking puzzle. After actually failing a couple of times and battling everyone, I reach Wallace! He acknowledges that there is now a difference in me after my encounter with Groudon and then challenges me to a battle! Now this is a Gym leader! A party of 5 Pokémon with some pretty nice levels, to boot! After beating him, he hands me the Rain Badge, tells me about the Pokémon League, gives me HM05 Waterfall and then tells me about the National Pokédex. Once we're through, I head out, heal my Pokémon, save and call it a night.

[See? Told you I barely did anything.]

~My Current Team:
    Travel Journal

Sceptile Lvl. 55
    Timid @ Sceptilite
    - Leaf Blade
    - X-Scissor
    - Dual Chop
    - Grass Pledge

Travel Journal

Gallade Lvl. 55
    Jolly @ Metronome
    - Close Combat
    - Rock Smash
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Psycho Cut

Travel Journal

Manectric Lvl. 54
    Timid @ Manectite
    - Ice Fang
    - Overheat
    - Volt Switch
    - Strength

Travel Journal

Aggron Lvl. 54
    Docile @ Aggronite
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Iron Head
    - Surf

Travel Journal

Sharpedo Lvl. 54
    Adamant @ Rocky Helmet
    - Crunch
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Fang
    - Dive

Travel Journal

Flygon Lvl. 55
    Adamant @ Soft Sand
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fly
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Just defeated the Elite 4, almost lost to Steven but managed to win by sheer luck down to Rapidash and kept having to revive and managed to use Flare Blitz after Metagross used Giga Impact but missed, also just defeated May

Team:

Swampert Lv54
    Breloom Lv52
    Rapidash Lv53
    Gardevoir Lv51
    Absol Lv51
    Salamence Lv50

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Really proud of my team, considering its rather weak beginnings (Ralts could just not take hits, nor could Swablu actually beat something without being switched out). My opinion of my final team aside (half of which were originally planned to be used oops), I challenged the elite four yesterday afternoon after spending Sunday morning raising everyone to lv.52.

Sidney ...Well what can I say about him? He was the easiest of the bunch, having been almost swept by Gallade if it weren't for Sharpedo - Manectric took care of that. Phoebe, my favourite Elite Four member, wasn't as easy, but was still manageable; that ghost girl in her room spooked me after finally seeing it in person.
    Glacia, not too difficult, although her Walrein's Sheer Cold hit twice for some unfair reason. Now for Drake. I'll be honest here, he was the reason why I never managed to beat the original Sapphire. In any case, I led with Mega Altaria with Moonblast and Dragon Pulse in tow - my strategy was to essentially keep M-Altaria alive, even if it meant sacrificing one or two team members in the process. Fortunately, I managed to win without a sacrifice.

As for Steven, well I never actually got to fight him in Sapphire, so this was pretty much the only thing new to me. What struck me as odd was the fact that he didn't heal Aggron despite Gallade bringing it down to red health twice, and instead went for Earthquake, followed by Iron Tail. Perhaps he was saving his Full Restores for M-Metagross? I don't know.
    Speaking of the big bad M-Metagross itself, I figured I might as well send in Swampert for its Mega, like what I did against Wally. Felt it was fitting for my 'ace' in Mega form to defeat the Mega of the Champion's own ace with a STAB Super Effective Earthquake.

Can I just say how much I love how they remade each member's corridor? Especially Steven's, I mean walking towards massive doors the slowly open to reveal your final opponent? That is some finale worthy stuff right there. I also quite liked the background of each E4 match, and how it was as if the battles were on the bridge between each room instead.

Current Team:
    • Swampert/Aqua lv.54 (named in honour of my original Mudkip)
    • Gallade/Knight lv.54 (funny how a knight kept getting beaten before reaching his final stage)
    • Ninetales/Kitsune lv.55 (oh how I love her moveset, so glad I bred one instead of waiting)
    • Manectric/Raiju lv.53 (originally planned for Glacia, but certain things got in the way)
    • Altaria/Altair lv.54 (love how a mon originally unable to kill anything can now be counted on to kill dragons)
    • Metagross lv.53 (originally wasn't planning on using it, but here we are)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back