• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TROLLING AND YOU

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    What do you think of trolls? Everyone likes to see a good troll from time to time, but do you yourself take pleasure in trolling other people? Or just kind of standing on the sidelines and cheering on your heroes.

discuss.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Nah.. I'm not much one to enjoy trolling. I enjoy those "troll meme" photos or comics from time to time.. but for actually doing it? Honestly I don't find it very enjoyable. Most of the time the poster just ends up looking like a prick.. unless it was something they did to troll someone they knew personally and the joke was just a "harhar, you got me ;3" sort of response. I'm not the type to cheer for trolling, either.. I usually just respond to it like I would anything- seriously. Maybe that's a bit of a killjoy or whatever, but it's what I do. Some people think I'm trolling for it, when in fact, I'm just trying to shift around the conversation to a place where people wont get offended.

Harebrained

Switch to decaf? Never!
    Years
    I used to troll a few forums ages ago. For some reason, the staff of one made me a moderator, so I trolled the other moderators, too. In my defense, I also fixed up the forums for them, which were highly disorganized at the time, and provided a steady influx of activity.

I guess I fell out of the habit over the years. Good trolling takes effort (bad trolling is just stupid), and even if you cast the line you might not get many good bites. I'm just too busy with the rest of life and laughing at other people's handiwork to do any of my own. Not sure I even still have it in me.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't like trolls in general and I don't enjoy trolling. I don't like making people upset or angry and I never really understood why people did enjoy that. Once I say something and someone calls me out as making them legitimately upset I immediately regret it and apologize because that's just how I am. Because I'm that sensitive to when other people are like that, I don't understand why trolls would treat other strangers with so little respect as to rile them up like that for no reason, lol.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    Really well done trolls that don't actually aim to hurt peoples feelings are awesome. Usually ones that just have a witty quip are the best. ^__^

But I am nowhere near witty enough to be a successful troll. Which is probably alright, as I wouldn't have any interest in trolling to begin with! :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I try hard not to troll, and if there's trolling going on, I just watch what's going on and don't participate in it.

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I can appreciate a well done troll-fic like 'My Iimmortal' but other than that I've grown to hate trolls so much. I know someone who thinks they are a fantastic troll and puts me down for not being one myself. The truth is their attempts at trolling are always so poorly done.
    I'm not into the whole "practical jokes" thing to begin with but I probably wouldnt hate trolls so much if it werent for this one person and their constant boasting. I dont even see why they find it so entertaining to be honest.

(Yes, I am well aware of the irony of this post considering who my avatar is ;))

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Trolls are amusing, but I wouldn't try to troll nor would I cheer people who troll on.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I don't like trolls. Whether they practice their craft well or badly, it doesn't matter. It all makes me roll my eyes very hard.

I just don't get what people get out of it. If you're bored, the obvious solution to me is not "lets go cause trouble and annoy people". There are books, video games, TV... hell you can even go out and do something. Trolling on the Internet is honestly a little pathetic.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I find trolls very amusing at times. It just comes to show how hard some people try to have 'fun' on the internet. Personally, I would never troll someone, but I do like to see a troll war sometimes and just laugh at it.

Of course I would never feed one, although that's usually when trolls make a complete female dog out of themselves.

Last edited:

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I try not to troll very hard, as if I tried I'd be terrible at it.

I don't really like trolls either, except for those fun pictures or whatever. On forums, they're like the animals in the zoo no one cares about. They're stuffed in the corner, where no one goes so they roar as loud as they can for attention, and eventually everyone gets mad.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Trolling is very fun but it takes dedication on your part. You have to be ready for anything the people you are trolling may fire back at you. If you get lazy, they can corner you and you will get a bad rating as troll in the end like 0/10. Personally I don't know what the 10 criteria are but hey that's how things work.

Trolling is also mad fun when you're trolling people with no senses of humour. Those are the best victims.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I don't really care, I find it funny and I did it a few times. I troll my friend irl all the time and it is hilarious, but when he asks me to stop I do stop. But you need to be able to draw the line somewhere.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'm not gonna lie, I love seeing people troll. I don't do it much myself because I'm lazy and it takes a lot of effort but I love seeing other people do it. As long as it doesn't cross the line into something like cyber bullying, trolling's pretty entertaining. And Penatrait's dead on; the best victims are those with no sense of humour hahaha. But no, too much effort for me and I'm not witty enough for trolling.

Years
    I like jokes and joking with friends, but I try to be conscious of what is appropriate and not to cross any lines. Really, I like friendly humor between people who know each other because I'm not a 12 year-old boy and don't enjoy making fun of strangers.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Trolling used to mean something. People would do it to bring attention to things and mock things they don't like. Take a look at your average satirical parody. That's the grandaddy of trolling right there.

Nowadays people just troll to screw with people, whilst capitalizing on the popularity awarded to it from past times. And y'know what? It's /really dang stupid/. It's about as funny as a 13 year old trying really hard to be cool by making references to shows made several decades before they were born. It's about as cool as people who use 4chan lingo anywhere else on the web.

If I were to parody modern trolling, I'd show you a guy wearing a fawkes mask slapping a guy he doesn't even know, who happens to be tied to a chair for no apparent reason, repeatedly while laughing at his own jokes. He'd also ocassionally encourage others to laugh with him BECAUSE TROLLING'S KEWL AND FUNNY RITE?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I generally try not to troll. If I do, it's normally unintentional. Also, I try not to "feed the troll." That's how trolls multiply.

But you replied to this thread, made by a...nevermind. Tee hee.

Anyway, trolling is funny...when I don't have to clean it up and am not a part of it. Here anyway. I don't care if it's elsewhere. I won't really take part in it though. I'll just watch it go down.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I dont like trolls. Trolling is stupid and pointless and it does hurt tother people's feelings sometimes. Trolling in my opinion is one of the worst things about the internet. Ive been trolled and it hurt my feelings and made me feel bad, sometimes really depressed for a while. I also hate it when trolls try to justify their actions by saying that the person their trolling needs to toughen up. I dont feel that trolling is funny and most in my opinion are very bad at it.

Back