• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Truck attack in France

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    No, they aren't. The victims are the innocent people who were murdered whilst celebrating their national holiday by some sick extremist. I don't know how you can possibly claim that those people aren't "real" victims of this atrocity.

The real victims are the innocent Muslims that will be radicalized due to criticism from right wing extremists. France must change its culture to accommodate Islam if it ever wishes to stop these attacks on innocents, and the right-wing critics must be shut down before another Charlie Hebdo happens. Come on, it's 2016, intolerance shouldn't be a thing.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    The real victims are the innocent Muslims that will be radicalized due to criticism from right wing extremists. France must change its culture to accommodate Islam if it ever wishes to stop these attacks on innocents, and the right-wing critics must be shut down before another Charlie Hebdo happens. Come on, it's 2016, intolerance shouldn't be a thing.

there is no reason to differentiate between someone being a 'real' victim unless you wish to denigrate those who have already had their lives taken, or those who will take the lives of others in the tragic cycle of radicalisation. there are no 'real' victims in these situations, just victims period. their respective tragedies unfold in different ways but this by no means make them 'lesser than'.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017

No this is something i disagree with 100%. We shouldn't change our culture just because of radical Muslims. I agree that we need to be more tolerant towards Islamic people but i disagree with changing pur cultures because of them. We should work towards being more tolerant instead of changing our we live our lives because if we do then we're letting them win.

Years
  • France must change its culture to accommodate Islam if it ever wishes to stop these attacks on innocents, and the right-wing critics must be shut down before another Charlie Hebdo happens. Come on, it's 2016, intolerance shouldn't be a thing.

I agree that we need to be more tolerant towards Islamic people but i disagree with changing pur cultures because of them. We should work towards being more tolerant instead of changing our we live our lives because if we do then we're letting them win.
    Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding something, but it seems like you're talking about the same thing - being more tolerant of Muslims. That doesn't sound like a substantive change to any culture (inasmuch as it wouldn't change the core values of a culture) so I can't see why it couldn't be done without capitulating to terrorists.

Back