• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ROM Hack] Trying out Pokemon Peridot

Years
    • Seen today
    Pokemon Peridot is a ROM hack of Pokemn Crystal which has been finished a while ago. Today, I decided to try it out.

In this ROM hack, your Pokemon will disobey you after they reach a certain level, even if you've caught them yourself. Therefore, I'm going to try to catch all available Pokemon.

So anyway, Pokemon Peridot has new playable characters. I picked the girl, because I like her design more. I named her Jade, since I like that name. I started off my journey in Elkhorn Town and was instructed to go to Pavona Village, where I had to pick my starter. I could choose the Kanto starters, and I picked my favourite: Bulbasaur.

After picking my Bulbasaur, a boy named Timmy challenged me to battle with a Sentret. With Leech Seed and Vine Whip, my Bulbasaur managed to deal with his Sentret.

When the battle was over, I could go through Route 2. Here, I caught a Sentret, a Meowth, and one of each Nidoran. There are also a few Pokemon here that can only be caught at night, so I'll come back for them later. For the time being, I went to Pectinia City, where the first Gym is.

Before challenging the gym, I bought a bunch of Poke Balls. Then I went to Route 3 to catch a Spearow, an Ekans, a Mankey, a Growlithe, and a Hoppip. Up north was a picnicker named Cindy, who used Teddiursa. Unfortunately, the Mankey that I caught didn't know any Fighting type moves, so I went back to Pectinia City, took the east exit to Route 4, and caught a Wooper, a Snubbull, and a Yanma.

After catching all those Pokemon, I headed for the Gym, but then my rival came along. After defeating him, I had to name him. I couldn't think of a good name for him, so I let the game pick one. It picked Mike. I settled with that name.

In Pokemon Peridot, if you challenge a Gym, you can't leave it until you've defeated the Gym Leader. Therefore, I had to plan my team before entering. Since it's a Fighting type Gym, I went in with Bulbasaur, Spearow, Ekans, Hoppip, and the Nidorans. Spearow, Hoppip, and Bulbasaur did most of the battling, and the others were mainly used to weaken the opponents.

The first Gym Leader was named Murphy. He sent out a Machop, a Teddiursa, and a Mankey. I let my Nidoran F weaken his Machop, and my Spearow finish it off. For his Teddiursa, my Bulbasaur and my Ekans worked together. And for his Mankey, I first let my Nidoran F weaken it, and then I let my Hoppip deal with it.

When I defeated Murphy, he gave me the first badge and a TM named Rock Smash. He also informed me that all Pokemon up to level 30 would obey me. I taught Rock Smash to my Mankey and my Sentret.

Pokemon currently in my possession:
    Bulbasaur
    Spearow
    Ekans
    Nidoran F
    Nidoran M
    Meowth
    Mankey
    Growlithe
    Sentret
    Hoppip
    Yanma
    Wooper
    Snubbull

Current level cap: 30

Years
    • Seen today
    With my first badge, I decided to backtrack to Pavona Village. Here, I found a cave blocked by smashable rocks. Smashing those rocks granted me some useful items, like evolutionary stones, but also some Pokemon: Diglett, Dunsparce, and Shuckle. The cave, which is named Pavona Pass, had Geodude, Zubat, Sandshrew, Cubone, Paras, and Phanpy for me to catch.

Then, night came along, allowing me to catch Venonat and Rinring on Route 2, Hoothoot and Houndour on Route 3, and Spinarak and Teddiursa on Route 4.

When I reached Route 5, I found an Oddish and a Psyduck. However, I had many weak Pokemon, so I had to train them. Since my Cubone knew Headbutt, I decided to let it headbutt some trees, allowing me to catch Aipom, Heracross, Pineco, and Exeggcute.

After much training, I went to Ridge Village, where the second Gym is. But instead of challenging the Gym, I headed for Route 6, where I caught a Krabby and a Slowpoke. I also found some smashable rocks, and found a Staryu in one of them. Of course, I had to catch it.

Then morning came along, allowing me to find a Sunkern on Route 5.

On Route 6, there's an underground path. I'm going to explore it before challenging the second Gym.

Bulbasaur
    Spearow
    Ekans
    Sandshrew
    Nidoran F
    Nidoran M
    Zubat
    Oddish
    Paras
    Venonat
    Diglett
    Meowth
    Psyduck
    Mankey
    Growlithe
    Geodude
    Slowpoke
    Krabby
    Exeggcute
    Cubone
    Staryu
    Sentret
    Hoothoot
    Spinarak
    Hoppip
    Aipom
    Sunkern
    Yanma
    Wooper
    Pineco
    Dunsparce
    Snubbull
    Shuckle
    Heracross
    Teddiursa
    Houndour
    Phanpy
    Rinring

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I headed into the Underground Path. Here, I found a guy who wanted to trade me a Squirtle... for a Venusaur. What a rip-off! Aside from that, I also got a free Soda Pop from another guy.

At the end of the Underground Path was Route 7. Here, I found a Mr. Mime, a Jigglypuff, a Drowzee, and a Cubbolt. Unfortunately, I was out of Poke Balls, so I had to go to the next town straight away. Its name is Favia Town.

In Favia Town, there's a Day Care, run by an elderly couple. The man gives a Cubone egg, and the woman gives a Shifur egg. Since I already have a Cubone, I went for the Shifur egg. Then I bought some new Poke Balls and went back to Route 7 for the remaining Pokemon and trainers. Afterwards, I went to Route 9. I couldn't go any further because of a Cut tree, but I did find a Pikachu, so it was worth it.

North of Favia Town is Route 10. Here, I couldn't progress any further, but I did manage to find a Butterfree, an Abra, and a Natu. I had to buy Great Balls for some of those. Also, I prefer to catch Pokemon at their lowest evolutionary stage, but I couldn't find any Caterpie anywhere, so I had to settle with catching Butterfree.

South of Favia Town is Route 1. Here, I found a Mareep, a Stantler, and a Farfetch'd, as well as some trainers to fight. I'm going to box Stantler forever and never use it because I hate it.

After catching all those Pokemon, I decided to train them. Then daytime came, and I headed to Route 10 again to catch a Bellsprout. Then I trained again until night. During my training, my Bulbasaur, Abra, and Mareep evolved.

When the night finally came, I caught a Gastly and a Murkrow.

With no more Pokemon left to catch, I'm going to challenge another Gym. I've decided to challenge the Gym in Ridge Village, because if I get its badge, I'll get a reward on Route 1 and on Route 5. If I get the badge from Favia Town, there's only one person who'll reward me.

For my first attempt, I'm going to use Ivysaur, Pikachu, Flaaffy, Oddish, Sunkern, and Cubbolt.

Ivysaur
    Butterfree
    Spearow
    Ekans
    Pikachu
    Sandshrew
    Nidoran F
    Nidoran M
    Jigglypuff
    Zubat
    Oddish
    Paras
    Venonat
    Diglett
    Meowth
    Psyduck
    Mankey
    Growlithe
    Kadabra
    Bellsprout
    Geodude
    Slowpoke
    Farfetch'd
    Gastly
    Drowzee
    Krabby
    Exeggcute
    Cubone
    Staryu
    Mr. Mime
    Sentret
    Hoothoot
    Spinarak
    Natu
    Flaaffy
    Hoppip
    Aipom
    Sunkern
    Yanma
    Wooper
    Murkrow
    Pineco
    Dunsparce
    Snubbull
    Shuckle
    Heracross
    Teddiursa
    Houndour
    Phanpy
    Stantler
    Cubbolt
    Rinring
    Shifur

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    In the Ridge Gym, my Sunkern couldn't handle a Krabby, since Bind has been changed into a Bug type move. I had to send out my Oddish against it. There also was a trainer with a Tentacool. I sent out my Cubbolt against it. My Sunkern could handle the other trainers.

With the trainers defeated, I could face Cecil, the Gym Leader of Ridge Village. He started off with a Shellder, against which I used my Pikachu. I let my Ivysaur deal with his Quagsire. My Flaaffy could take care of his Searion and Remoraid. As for his Chinchou, my Grass types could deal with it.

After defeating him, Cecil gave me his badge, as well as a TM named Whirlpool. Also, a man came along to give me a pair of Running Shoes. However, the level cap didn't change.

With the badge from Ridge Village, I went to collect my rewards. On Route 5, a fisherman gave me a Good Rod. Then I went to Route 1 to collect the other reward. But then I realized that I made a mistake, as the man on Route 1 wanted to see the badge from Favia Town, not the one from Ridge Village. I don't regret my choice that much, though, as the Good Rod enabled me to catch a Magikarp, a Goldeen, a Shellder, a Poliwag, and a S'Mola.

I can also catch a Corsola, but not at night. Therefore, I'm going to train my Pokemon until morning. My Sentret and my Nidorans evolved so far.

Ivysaur
    Butterfree
    Spearow
    Ekans
    Pikachu
    Sandshrew
    Nidorina
    Nidorino
    Jigglypuff
    Zubat
    Oddish
    Paras
    Venonat
    Diglett
    Meowth
    Psyduck
    Mankey
    Growlithe
    Poliwag
    Kadabra
    Bellsprout
    Geodude
    Slowpoke
    Farfetch'd
    Shellder
    Gastly
    Drowzee
    Krabby
    Exeggcute
    Cubone
    Goldeen
    Staryu
    Mr. Mime
    Magikarp
    Furret
    Hoothoot
    Spinarak
    Natu
    Flaaffy
    Hoppip
    Aipom
    Sunkern
    Yanma
    Wooper
    Murkrow
    Pineco
    Dunsparce
    Snubbull
    Shuckle
    Heracross
    Teddiursa
    Houndour
    Phanpy
    Stantler
    Cubbolt
    Rinring
    Shifur
    S'Mola

Years
    • Seen today
    When morning arrived, I went to Route 5 again to catch a Corsola. Then I went back to Favia Town to challenge its Gym. I took Rinring, S'Mola, Ekans, Paras, Houndour, and Snubbull with me.

The Favia Gym was a tough one. Some trainers used Drowzee, which could be troublesome with moves like Disable and Poison Gas. Also, there was a trainer with a Clefairy and a Clefable, which gave me trouble too.

And then there's the Gym Leader, Celeste. She started off with a Kadabra, which was no match for my Rinring. But then she sent out a Mr. Mime, which worried me, so I sent out my Snubbull. Snubbull managed to paralyze Mr. Mime with Lick, but then it used Teleport and a Starmie came out. I let my Paras use Stun Spore on it, but then Celeste sent out a Xatu. I had to sacrifice my Snubbull, so that my Rinring could finish it off. Then my Houndour dealt with her Mr. Mime, my Paras took care of her Starmie, and against her Clefairy, I used my Ekans.

When I defeated Celeste, she gave me her badge, a TM named Teleport, and my level cap increased to level 40. I then went to collect my reward at the gate to Route 7, which was an Exp. Share, and then I headed for Route 1 to collect my second reward, only to be stopped by Emily. She challenged me to a battle. My first attempt was unsuccessful, so I need to train again.

Ivysaur
    Butterfree
    Spearow
    Ekans
    Pikachu
    Sandshrew
    Nidorina
    Nidorino
    Jigglypuff
    Zubat
    Oddish
    Paras
    Venonat
    Diglett
    Meowth
    Psyduck
    Mankey
    Growlithe
    Poliwag
    Kadabra
    Bellsprout
    Geodude
    Slowpoke
    Farfetch'd
    Shellder
    Gastly
    Drowzee
    Krabby
    Exeggcute
    Cubone
    Goldeen
    Staryu
    Mr. Mime
    Magikarp
    Furret
    Hoothoot
    Spinarak
    Natu
    Flaaffy
    Hoppip
    Aipom
    Sunkern
    Yanma
    Wooper
    Murkrow
    Pineco
    Dunsparce
    Snubbull
    Shuckle
    Heracross
    Teddiursa
    Corsola
    Houndour
    Phanpy
    Stantler
    Cubbolt
    Rinring
    Shifur
    S'Mola

Current level cap: 40

Years
    • Seen today
    After much training, my Skiploom evolved. Then I went on to challenge Emily. I used Cubone, Ivysaur, Ekans, Mankey, Dunsparce, and Cubbolt. And this time, I prevailed.

After defeating Emily, I went to Route 1 and got the second reward for defeating Celeste... which was a TM containing Cut. At least now I can cut small trees and progress.

At the other side of Route 1, there was a bunch of bullies, who needed to be taught a lesson. Also, I encountered a small cave in Pavona Village. There, I found a man who gave me a TM containing Hidden Power.

Ivysaur
    Butterfree
    Spearow
    Ekans
    Pikachu
    Sandshrew
    Nidorina
    Nidorino
    Jigglypuff
    Zubat
    Oddish
    Paras
    Venonat
    Diglett
    Meowth
    Psyduck
    Mankey
    Growlithe
    Poliwag
    Kadabra
    Bellsprout
    Geodude
    Slowpoke
    Farfetch'd
    Shellder
    Gastly
    Drowzee
    Krabby
    Exeggcute
    Cubone
    Goldeen
    Staryu
    Mr. Mime
    Magikarp
    Furret
    Hoothoot
    Spinarak
    Natu
    Flaaffy
    Skiploom
    Aipom
    Sunkern
    Yanma
    Wooper
    Murkrow
    Pineco
    Dunsparce
    Snubbull
    Shuckle
    Heracross
    Teddiursa
    Corsola
    Houndour
    Phanpy
    Stantler
    Cubbolt
    Rinring
    Shifur
    S'Mola

Years
    • Seen today
    Route 1 just had one more trainer for me to fight, and he was a tough one. Therefore, I had to train a lot, and some of my Pokemon evolved. The ones who evolved were Spearow, Bellsprout, Magikarp, Hoothoot, and Wooper.

In the end, I managed to defeat that one trainer, and he rewarded me with a TM containing Headbutt. With that finally dealt with, I went to backtrack other routes. At Route 2, I found some other trainers to fight. There was also a gate connecting the upper part of Route 2 to Route 3. The guard of that gate offered me a Remoraid for a Granbull. I'll get back to him when my Snubbull has evolved.

At Route 3, I found some trainers, some fossils, and a few caves. One cave had wild Machop, trainers to fight, a Focus Sash, and a man who can teach my Pokemon Drain Punch. The other cave happened to be Palerock Mountain. At Palerock Mountain, I found a TM containing Strength, as well as a lot of Pokemon I didn't already have, including Clefairy, Onix, Misdreavus, Gligar, Swinub, Delibird, Smoochum, and a Fakemon named Ferrodon. There are also wild Skarmory, but they don't appear at night, so I'll have to come back for them later.

At Route 4, I found a small cave, which contained nothing more than a Dragon Fang. After collecting that, I headed to Route 5, which had some trainers I couldn't fight before, as well as a cave that seems to be related to Unown. I can't do anything in the cave yet, but the trainers rewarded me with a Totodile.

Right now, I'm going to train my Pokemon until morning. Then I'm going to catch a Skarmory. After that, I'm going through Pavona Pass.

Ivysaur
    Butterfree
    Fearow
    Ekans
    Pikachu
    Sandshrew
    Nidorina
    Nidorino
    Clefairy
    Jigglypuff
    Zubat
    Oddish
    Paras
    Venonat
    Diglett
    Meowth
    Psyduck
    Mankey
    Growlithe
    Poliwag
    Kadabra
    Machop
    Weepinbell
    Geodude
    Slowpoke
    Farfetch'd
    Shellder
    Gastly
    Onix
    Drowzee
    Krabby
    Exeggcute
    Cubone
    Goldeen
    Staryu
    Mr. Mime
    Gyarados
    Totodile
    Furret
    Noctowl
    Spinarak
    Natu
    Flaaffy
    Skiploom
    Aipom
    Sunkern
    Yanma
    Quagsire
    Murkrow
    Misdreavus
    Pineco
    Dunsparce
    Gligar
    Snubbull
    Shuckle
    Heracross
    Teddiursa
    Swinub
    Corsola
    Delibird
    Houndour
    Phanpy
    Stantler
    Smoochum
    Cubbolt
    Ferrodon
    Rinring
    Shifur
    S'Mola

Years
    • Seen today
    I trained my Pokemon until morning. During my training, my Totodile and Oddish evolved. Then I went to Palerock Mountain to catch a Skarmory.

After catching a Skarmory, I explored Pavona Pass. Here, I caught a Kangaskhan and encountered Mike again. To prepare for my next battle with him, I went back to Palerock Mountain for training and found something more to do there. There happened to be a path to a new town there. Hepatica Town to be precise.

In Hepatica Town, I found some more Pokemon: Koffing and Gremini. Gremini is based on the prevo that Girafarig was supposed to get. Also, the Mart in Hepatica Town got robbed, and I had to enter a cave to take down the robbers. I was able to get through the cave with some difficulty, but at the end, there was a gauntlet of burglars.

Not feeling like taking on the gauntlet, I decided to fight Mike in Pavona Pass. I took him on with Kadabra, Heracross, Geodude, Cubbolt, and S'Mola. After defeating him, I reached Route 9, where I caught a Vulpix.

Route 9 also had a gate to Occident Forest. In the gate, there was an NPC who wanted a Charizard and offered a Bulbasaur in return. I'm not gonna bother with him.

In Occident Forest, I caught a Scyther, a Tangela, and a shiny Gloom. The forest also had some strong trainers, so I had to train again. My Ekans, Sandshrew, Zubat, Spinarak, and Snubbull evolved. With my new Granbull, I headed back to the gate between Route 2 and Route 3 to trade it for a Remoraid.

Now, back to training and getting through Occident Forest.

Ivysaur
    Butterfree
    Fearow
    Arbok
    Pikachu
    Sandslash
    Nidorina
    Nidorino
    Clefairy
    Jigglypuff
    Golbat
    Gloom (x2)
    Paras
    Venonat
    Diglett
    Meowth
    Psyduck
    Mankey
    Growlithe
    Poliwag
    Kadabra
    Machop
    Weepinbell
    Geodude
    Slowpoke
    Farfetch'd
    Shellder
    Gastly
    Onix
    Drowzee
    Krabby
    Exeggcute
    Cubone
    Koffing
    Tangela
    Kangaskhan
    Goldeen
    Staryu
    Mr. Mime
    Scyther
    Gyarados
    Croconaw
    Furret
    Noctowl
    Ariados
    Natu
    Flaaffy
    Skiploom
    Aipom
    Sunkern
    Yanma
    Quagsire
    Murkrow
    Misdreavus
    Pineco
    Dunsparce
    Gligar
    Shuckle
    Heracross
    Teddiursa
    Swinub
    Corsola
    Remoraid
    Delibird
    Skarmory
    Houndour
    Phanpy
    Stantler
    Smoochum
    Cubbolt
    Ferrodon
    Gremini
    Rinring
    Shifur
    S'Mola

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    As I made my way through Occident Forest, I encountered an Ace Trainer. When I defeated her, she rewarded me with a Chikorita. I trained the Chikorita to catch up with the rest of my team, and it evolved into a Bayleef.

At the end of Occident Forest was Staghorn Town. This is where Emily lives, and it also has a Gym. I couldn't challenge the Gym, because the Gym Leader had an errand. In Emily's house, Emily wanted to battle me. However, I wanted to train first before fighting her.

West of Staghorn Town was Route 17. I couldn't do anything here, because some shady men were blocking the way. North of Staghorn Town was the Painter's Forest. Here, I caught a Smeargle, but couldn't do anything else. Therefore, I was left with no choice but to go east of Staghorn Town, to Route 11.

At Route 11, I found a Pokemon Shelter. Here, I found out that the Gym Leader of Staghorn Town had an errand in a cave on Route 13. I also found an Eevee, which I captured. Although Eevee has many evolutions, I'm sticking with one Eevee for the time being.

To reach Route 13, I had to go north of Route 11, to Route 12. Here, I found many new Pokemon to catch: Ponyta, Doduo, Lickitung, Marill, and Slugma. At Route 13, I found a Girafarig, which I also caught. I also found the cave where the Gym Leader from Staghorn Town had to run her errand. It had something to do with a Marowak. I managed to corner the Marowak by blocking any possible escape routes with Strength boulders, but it was too strong for my Pokemon to handle, as it was at a much higher level than my Pokemon.

Therefore, I decided to leave the Marowak for the time being, and go east of Route 13. I reached Rugosa Coast. Here, I encountered Mike again. His Pokemon's levels were above mine, so I didn't want to fight him yet.

This left me with 5 options: the Hepatica Gym, the burglar gauntlet in Hepatica Town, Emily in Staghorn Town, Mike at Rugosa Coast, and the Marowak in the cave at Route 13. I decided to take on Emily first. Although she gave me some trouble, I managed to defeat her in the end. She rewarded me with a Lucky Egg. With this item, training my Pokemon became much easier.

Speaking of training, I trained so much that many of my Pokemon evolved. The lucky ones were Golbat, Paras, Poliwag, Kadabra, Geodude, Farfetch'd, Gastly, Natu, Remoraid, Houndour, Phanpy, and Rinring. Also, my Sunkern learned Agility, after which I decided to evolve it.

By the way, the evolutions for Farfetch'd and Rinring are named Mallark'y and Nyanell, respectively. Also, in Pokemon Peridot, trade evos have been changed to happiness evos.

Now, back to training.

Ivysaur
    Butterfree
    Fearow
    Arbok
    Pikachu
    Sandslash
    Nidorina
    Nidorino
    Clefairy
    Jigglypuff
    Gloom (x2)
    Parasect
    Venonat
    Diglett
    Meowth
    Psyduck
    Mankey
    Growlithe
    Poliwhirl
    Alakazam
    Machop
    Weepinbell
    Graveler
    Ponyta
    Slowpoke
    Doduo
    Shellder
    Haunter
    Onix
    Drowzee
    Krabby
    Exeggcute
    Cubone
    Lickitung
    Koffing
    Tangela
    Kangaskhan
    Goldeen
    Staryu
    Mr. Mime
    Scyther
    Gyarados
    Eevee
    Bayleef
    Croconaw
    Furret
    Noctowl
    Ariados
    Crobat
    Xatu
    Flaaffy
    Marill
    Skiploom
    Aipom
    Sunflora
    Yanma
    Quagsire
    Murkrow
    Misdreavus
    Girafarig
    Pineco
    Dunsparce
    Gligar
    Shuckle
    Heracross
    Teddiursa
    Slugma
    Swinub
    Corsola
    Octillery
    Delibird
    Skarmory
    Houndoom
    Donphan
    Stantler
    Smeargle
    Smoochum
    Cubbolt
    Ferrodon
    Gremini
    Mallark'y
    Nyanell
    Shifur
    S'Mola

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    During my training, my Graveler and Haunter evolved. After that, I decided to make another attempt against the Marowak in the cave on Route 13.

I started off with my Slowpoke. I let it use Growl, and the Marowak used Leer. I then switched out to my Tangela. With a few Mega Drains, I managed to defeat the Marowak.

Posey, the Gym Leader of Staghorn Town, came to congratulate me, and to take the Marowak back to the shelter on Route 11. I then decided to take on the burglar gauntlet in Hepatica Town. But first, I bought some Soda Pops at the gate from Route 6 to Route 7.

On to the burglar gauntlet. I went in with Donphan, Yanma, Tangela, Marill, Mankey, and Lickitung. The first burglar used a Grimer and a Mankey. Easily picked off by my Donphan and Yanma. The second burglar had a Cubone and a Shifur. My Tangela had no trouble against the Cubone. My Mankey took quite a bit of damage from the Shifur, but came out victorious anyway. The third burglar had a Quagsire and an Aipom. The Quagsire was no match for my Tangela. As for the Aipom, I was hoping my Mankey could handle it, but it couldn't, so I used my Lickitung instead. The fourth burglar had 3 Pokemon: a Murkrow, a Teddiursa, and a Gligar. I let my Donphan use Rollout against his Murkrow. My Marill took on his Gligar, and my Lickitung dealt with his Teddiursa.

There was one more trainer I had to fight: their leader, Abbot. Before I had to fight him, someone healed my Pokemon. As for the fight itself, Abbot started off with a Haunter. I tried to let my Donphan take it out with Bulldoze, but the Haunter used Confuse Ray, so I had to switch out to my Lickitung and let it use Bite against Haunter. Next up, Abbot sent out a Kadabra. I sent out my Yanma and let it use Silver Wind. Abbot's third Pokemon was a Gremini. I used my Marill against it, hoping to take it out with Play Rough, but Gremini constantly used Confuse Ray, so I switched in my Tangela a few times. Unfortunately, my Tangela took too much damage from Gremini's attacks, so when it used Confuse Ray against my Marill again, I decided to deal with it and let my Marill continue fighting anyway. Eventually, Gremini went down. Lastly, Abbot had a Drowzee. My Yanma picked it off easily.

With Abbot's plans thwarted, I've decided to take on the Hepatica Gym. If I need to train my Pokemon or buy some extra healing items first, I'll do it.

Ivysaur
    Butterfree
    Fearow
    Arbok
    Pikachu
    Sandslash
    Nidorina
    Nidorino
    Clefairy
    Jigglypuff
    Gloom (x2)
    Parasect
    Venonat
    Diglett
    Meowth
    Psyduck
    Mankey
    Growlithe
    Poliwhirl
    Alakazam
    Machop
    Weepinbell
    Golem
    Ponyta
    Slowpoke
    Doduo
    Shellder
    Gengar
    Onix
    Drowzee
    Krabby
    Exeggcute
    Cubone
    Lickitung
    Koffing
    Tangela
    Kangaskhan
    Goldeen
    Staryu
    Mr. Mime
    Scyther
    Gyarados
    Eevee
    Bayleef
    Croconaw
    Furret
    Noctowl
    Ariados
    Crobat
    Xatu
    Flaaffy
    Marill
    Skiploom
    Aipom
    Sunflora
    Yanma
    Quagsire
    Murkrow
    Misdreavus
    Girafarig
    Pineco
    Dunsparce
    Gligar
    Shuckle
    Heracross
    Teddiursa
    Slugma
    Swinub
    Corsola
    Octillery
    Delibird
    Skarmory
    Houndoom
    Donphan
    Stantler
    Smeargle
    Smoochum
    Cubbolt
    Ferrodon
    Gremini
    Mallark'y
    Nyanell
    Shifur
    S'Mola

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I did enough training for my Pokemon to reach level 26, causing my Diglett and Drowzee to evolve. Also, I bought plenty of healing items.

For the Hepatica Gym, I decided to bring Dugtrio, Machop, Marill, Skiploom, Cubbolt, and S'Mola with me. Dugtrio took down any Poison type in the Gym, Cubbolt took on any Murkrow, S'Mola dealt with any Houndour, and Machop and Marill did the rest. Marill even evolved! Skiploom didn't get to do much, however.

With all the trainers dealt with, on to the Gym Leader, Duane. He started off with a Nyanell, and I started off with my Machop. I had the idea to let my Machop use Leer against his Nyanell and finish it off with a Fighting type move, but Nyanell used Swagger. Luckily, Machop pulled through for me. Duane's Haunter was less of a problem, as my Dugtrio was strong enough to sweep it. For Duane's Murkrow, I used my Azumarill, which used Play Rough a few times.

Duane also had Shifur's evolution, Snowmad. I sent out my Machop against it. Snowmad went first, used Aurora Beam, and almost knocked out my Machop! Fortunately, my Machop could finish it off with Drain Punch. Lastly, Duane sent out a Houndoom. With Dugtrio and Azumarill by my side, I prevailed.

After I defeated Duane, he gave me his badge and a TM containing Swagger. With that, I've decided to leave Hepatica Town behind me, and to train my Pokemon for the battle with Mike at Rugosa Coast. So far, my Skiploom has evolved from the training.

Ivysaur
    Butterfree
    Fearow
    Arbok
    Pikachu
    Sandslash
    Nidorina
    Nidorino
    Clefairy
    Jigglypuff
    Gloom (x2)
    Parasect
    Venonat
    Dugtrio
    Meowth
    Psyduck
    Mankey
    Growlithe
    Poliwhirl
    Alakazam
    Machop
    Weepinbell
    Golem
    Ponyta
    Slowpoke
    Doduo
    Shellder
    Gengar
    Onix
    Hypno
    Krabby
    Exeggcute
    Cubone
    Lickitung
    Koffing
    Tangela
    Kangaskhan
    Goldeen
    Staryu
    Mr. Mime
    Scyther
    Gyarados
    Eevee
    Bayleef
    Croconaw
    Furret
    Noctowl
    Ariados
    Crobat
    Xatu
    Flaaffy
    Azumarill
    Jumpluff
    Aipom
    Sunflora
    Yanma
    Quagsire
    Murkrow
    Misdreavus
    Girafarig
    Pineco
    Dunsparce
    Gligar
    Shuckle
    Heracross
    Teddiursa
    Slugma
    Swinub
    Corsola
    Octillery
    Delibird
    Skarmory
    Houndoom
    Donphan
    Stantler
    Smeargle
    Smoochum
    Cubbolt
    Ferrodon
    Gremini
    Mallark'y
    Nyanell
    Shifur
    S'Mola

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    After all my Pokemon reached level 27, I went to a house in Staghorn Town near the Gym, where an old man gave me a TM containing Thief. After collecting this TM, I decided to take on Mike at Rugosa Coast. I took Donphan, Onix, Smoochum, Heracross, and Ivysaur with me.

Mike started off with an Electabuzz, and I started off with my Donphan. I started off with Mud-Slap, which did a lot of damage to Electabuzz. I intended to finish it off with a Bulldoze, but Mike switched in his Azumarill, which took the Bulldoze. I switched in my Ivysaur, which outsped Azumarill thanks to Donphan's Bulldoze. With Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, and Razor Leaf, it was only a matter of time before Azumarill fell. When Mike sent out his Typhlosion, I sent out my Onix. Typhlosion used Smokescreen, so I let my Onix use Coil. Then I let it use Bulldoze. Typhlosion used Flame Wheel against my Onix and dealt a lot of damage. Still, my Onix came out on top. Against Mike's Tangela, I used my Smoochum. Tangela outsped my Smoochum and used a powder move, but it missed, allowing my Smoochum to hit it with an Icy Wind. On the next turn, my Smoochum outsped Tangela and a second Icy Wind was enough to finish it off. Then Mike sent out an Ursaring, against which I used my Heracross. One Rock Smash and a Brick Break later, his Ursaring was gone. When Mike switched in his Electabuzz again, I sent out my Donphan again. Although Electabuzz did a lot of damage to my Donphan with Karate Chop, it fell to my Donphan's attacks. Mike's last Pokemon was a Nidoking. Since my Donphan was badly injured by his Electabuzz, I sent out my Ivysaur first to let it use Sleep Powder and Leech Seed, and then let my Donphan finish the job with Bulldoze.

With Mike defeated, I was able to reach Rugosa City, which had a lot to do. There was a Power Plant. There was a Move Maniac who could teach my Pokemon old level-up moves for a Brick Piece. There was a Department Store, where I could buy the elemental punches. There was a girl who'd trade me a Magby for an Elekid. There was a guy who gave me a TM containing Substitute. There was also a Gym, but Joel, the Gym Leader, informed me that the Power Plant had a big problem. The road to the Power Plant was blocked by a wild Grimer. Fortunately, I was able to catch that Grimer for myself.

In front of the Power Plant, there were patches of grass. Here, I could catch Magnemite, Voltorb, and Elekid. I made sure to catch an extra Elekid, to trade off for a Magby. Then, I headed into the Power Plant. Here, I had to defeat a bunch of Grimer, but I also found a TM containing Iron Head.

Eventually, I found the problem: a wild Muk. I took it on with my Onix, let it use Coil, and then Bulldoze. However, the Muk managed to poison my Onix with a Sludge Bomb. Even so, a few Bulldozes were enough to defeat the Muk.

With the problem at the Power Plant solved, the Rugosa Gym was free to challenge. However, I'm going to train my Pokemon first. And after the Rugosa Gym, I intend to challenge the Staghorn Gym.

Ivysaur
    Butterfree
    Fearow
    Arbok
    Pikachu
    Sandslash
    Nidorina
    Nidorino
    Clefairy
    Jigglypuff
    Gloom (x2)
    Parasect
    Venonat
    Dugtrio
    Meowth
    Psyduck
    Mankey
    Growlithe
    Poliwhirl
    Alakazam
    Machop
    Weepinbell
    Golem
    Ponyta
    Slowpoke
    Magnemite
    Doduo
    Grimer
    Shellder
    Gengar
    Onix
    Hypno
    Krabby
    Voltorb
    Exeggcute
    Cubone
    Lickitung
    Koffing
    Tangela
    Kangaskhan
    Goldeen
    Staryu
    Mr. Mime
    Scyther
    Gyarados
    Eevee
    Bayleef
    Croconaw
    Furret
    Noctowl
    Ariados
    Crobat
    Xatu
    Flaaffy
    Azumarill
    Jumpluff
    Aipom
    Sunflora
    Yanma
    Quagsire
    Murkrow
    Misdreavus
    Girafarig
    Pineco
    Dunsparce
    Gligar
    Shuckle
    Heracross
    Teddiursa
    Slugma
    Swinub
    Corsola
    Octillery
    Delibird
    Skarmory
    Houndoom
    Donphan
    Stantler
    Smeargle
    Smoochum
    Elekid
    Magby
    Cubbolt
    Ferrodon
    Gremini
    Mallark'y
    Nyanell
    Shifur
    S'Mola

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I trained my Pokemon up to level 28, and many of my Pokemon evolved. This time, the lucky ones were Shifur, Machop, Mankey, Krabby, and Cubone. Meowth wanted to evolve too, but I decided to postpone evolving it until it could learn Pay Day.

I decided to do even more training. My Machoke and Eevee were happy enough to evolve, so I evolved them into Machamp and Espeon, respectively. I also got myself a Metal Coat to evolve my Scyther.

I attempted to challenge the Rugosa Gym, but Joel was too strong for me, so I had to train my Pokemon one more level. My Meowth learned Pay Day, and I let it evolve. My Croconaw, Flaaffy, Teddiursa, Magnemite, Smoochum, Elekid, and Magby also evolved.

I made another attempt at the Rugosa Gym. I took Magmar, Ivysaur, Quagsire, Ampharos, Dugtrio, and Ferrodon with me. I gave my Ampharos Fire Punch.

My Magmar took care of Joel's Magneton. Against his Lanturn, I sent out my Ivysaur. I let it use Leech Seed first, and then Sleep Powder, because Lanturn had Sleep Talk. When I got Lanturn to sleep, I let my Ivysaur boost its attacking stats with Growth before letting it attack. When Lanturn was finished off, Joel sent out an Electabuzz. I sent out my Quagsire. Joel's Electabuzz hit my Quagsire with a Submission, and I let my Quagsire use Mud-Slap. Mud-Slap did more damage. When I wanted to finish Electabuzz off with another Mud-Slap, Joel switched in a Skarmory. I switched in my Ampharos, and then Jeol sent out a Steelix. I let my Ampharos put Steelix to sleep with Hypnosis, and then attack it with Fire Punch. Two Fire Punches were needed to finish Steelix off. When Joel sent in his Electabuzz again, I sent out my Quagsire again. Another Submission from Electabuzz wasn't enough to take out my Quagsire, but another Mud-Slap was enough to take out Electabuzz. Lastly, Joel sent out his Raichu. I sent out my Ferrodon to use Scary Face against Jeol's Raichu. My Ferrodon managed to land one Scary Face, but Raichu used Double Team. I decided to let my Ferrodon use Bone Club, but then Raichu sued Play Rough and dealt a lot of damage to my Ferrodon! I switched in my Dugtrio, which almost got knocked out by another Play Rough, but had a sliver of HP left. Fortunately, Dugtrio could deal with Raichu by using Bulldoze.

Joel gave me a TM containing one of my favourite attacks: Thunderbolt! Now, I'm going to train my Pokemon again, and then challenge the Staghorn Gym.

Ivysaur
    Butterfree
    Fearow
    Arbok
    Pikachu
    Sandslash
    Nidorina
    Nidorino
    Clefairy
    Jigglypuff
    Gloom (x2)
    Parasect
    Venonat
    Dugtrio
    Persian
    Psyduck
    Primeape
    Growlithe
    Poliwhirl
    Alakazam
    Machamp
    Weepinbell
    Golem
    Ponyta
    Slowpoke
    Magneton
    Doduo
    Grimer
    Shellder
    Gengar
    Onix
    Hypno
    Kingler
    Voltorb
    Exeggcute
    Marowak
    Lickitung
    Koffing
    Tangela
    Kangaskhan
    Goldeen
    Staryu
    Mr. Mime
    Jynx
    Electabuzz
    Magmar
    Gyarados
    Bayleef
    Feraligatr
    Furret
    Noctowl
    Ariados
    Crobat
    Xatu
    Ampharos
    Azumarill
    Jumpluff
    Aipom
    Sunflora
    Yanma
    Espeon
    Quagsire
    Murkrow
    Misdreavus
    Girafarig
    Pineco
    Dunsparce
    Gligar
    Scizor
    Shuckle
    Heracross
    Ursaring
    Slugma
    Swinub
    Corsola
    Octillery
    Delibird
    Skarmory
    Houndoom
    Donphan
    Stantler
    Smeargle
    Cubbolt
    Ferrodon
    Gremini
    Mallark'y
    Nyanell
    S'Mola
    Snowmad

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I trained my Pokemon up to level 31, and my Venonat, Doduo, Voltorb, and Pineco evolved. Then I went on to challenge the Staghorn Gym with Slugma, Magmar, Arbok, Venomoth, Snowmad, and Skarmory. Magmar, Snowmad, and Skarmory did most of the work. Arbok and Venomoth barely did anything.

With 6 badges, I was able to get the HM for Surf at Rugosa Coast. Also, my level cap should've increased to 50.

Now with the ability to cross water, I first went east of Pectinia City, where I found Orientem Forest. Here, I caught a Ditto and a Pinsir. Ditto is especially important, as it can breed with anything.

Before breeding, I headed back to Route 1, to catch a Kakuna from a Headbutt tree. I then trained it and the rest of my Pokemon up to level 32. My S'Mola evolved into Ancor, and my Ivysaur, Kakuna, and Bayleef evolved too. My Poliwhirl learned Mud-Slap, and I decided to use a Water Stone on it.

With a Venusaur in my possession, the breeding could begin! I bred my Venusaur to get an extra one to trade away. I bred my Butterfree and Beedrill to get their prevos. I bred my Espeon to get some extra Eevees. Regarding the Eevees, I bred 4 of them, but then I realized that there's someone in Staghorn Town who wanted to trade a Searion for an Eevee. You know what, when I'm done with hatching my Eevees, I'll catch an extra one.

After obtaining the Eevee eggs, I went on to explore more of the region. I went west of Route 12, allowing me to reach Route 14, which had a ranch. The ranch owners were looking for a girl named Marie, who took one of their Miltank. I tracked down Marie, defeated her, and as a reward, I was allowed access to the backyard of the ranch, where I caught a Tauros and a Miltank.

West of Route 14 was Carnation Town. This town had a zoo, but it was blocked by Emily. I won't fight her before hatching all my Eevee eggs. However, there was also a man who sold me a Pokemon. It was a Wobbuffet.

I decided to explore the sea routes as well. Here, I caught many new Pokemon, including Tentacool, Seel, Chinchou, Qwilfish, and Mantine. I also found a large cave, leading to the Lost Island, where fossil Pokemon lived. I just caught a Kabuto here. There was an egg which I presumed contained Aerodactyl, but it was guarded by an Aerodactyl at a very high level. I'll have to come back for it later. As for Omanyte, I picked up its fossil at Route 3 and revived it at the Power Plant.

During my exploration, I found many TM's, including Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Play Rough, and Waterfall. I also got my Goldeen and Cubbolt to evolve. As for my Glooms, I evolved my shiny one into Bellossom and the other one into Vileplume.

A few closing words for this update. Cubbolt's evo is named Raiger. Also, my current priority is hatching my Eevee eggs, though I can combine it with exploring the region.

Venusaur
    Butterfree
    Beedrill
    Fearow
    Arbok
    Pikachu
    Sandslash
    Nidorina
    Nidorino
    Clefairy
    Jigglypuff
    Vileplume
    Parasect
    Venomoth
    Dugtrio
    Persian
    Psyduck
    Primeape
    Growlithe
    Poliwrath
    Alakazam
    Machamp
    Weepinbell
    Tentacool
    Golem
    Ponyta
    Slowpoke
    Magneton
    Dodrio
    Seel
    Grimer
    Shellder
    Gengar
    Onix
    Hypno
    Kingler
    Electrode
    Exeggcute
    Marowak
    Lickitung
    Koffing
    Tangela
    Kangaskhan
    Seaking
    Staryu
    Mr. Mime
    Jynx
    Electabuzz
    Magmar
    Pinsir
    Tauros
    Gyarados
    Ditto
    Omanyte
    Kabuto
    Meganium
    Feraligatr
    Furret
    Noctowl
    Ariados
    Crobat
    Chinchou
    Xatu
    Ampharos
    Bellossom
    Azumarill
    Jumpluff
    Aipom
    Sunflora
    Yanma
    Espeon
    Quagsire
    Murkrow
    Misdreavus
    Wobbuffet
    Girafarig
    Forretress
    Dunsparce
    Gligar
    Qwilfish
    Scizor
    Shuckle
    Heracross
    Ursaring
    Slugma
    Swinub
    Corsola
    Octillery
    Delibird
    Mantine
    Skarmory
    Houndoom
    Donphan
    Stantler
    Smeargle
    Miltank
    Ancor
    Ferrodon
    Gremini
    Mallark'y
    Nyanell
    Raiger
    Snowmad

Current level cap: 50

Years
    • Seen today
    As of now, my Eevee eggs have all hatched! I evolved them into the Eeveelutions I still needed. Also, while looking for an extra Eevee, I found a shiny Weepinbell! I caught it and evolved it into Victreebel. As for my normal Weepinbell, I used a Sun Stone on it, causing it to evolve into the beta Weepinbell evo, which has been named Mandrabel here. Furthermore, my extra Bulbasaur has fully evolved, and I traded one Venusaur away for a Squirtle. I also found another Eevee, to trade away for a Searion.

Back to training my Pokemon and exploring the region. On the sea routes, I encountered Seadra while surfing, and decided to catch it. To obtain Horsea, I had to breed my Seadra.

Also, I got some more evolutions. This time, my Squirtle, Psyduck, Swinub, Lickitung, and Tangela evolved. Lickitung and Tangela evolved into their beta evos, who have been named Tungtyed and Gorgrowth. The beta Tangela evo is disturbing IMO, glad that Game Freak gave us Tangrowth in Gen 4. But in Pokemon Peridot, we'll have to do with the beta Tangela evo.

Somewhere on Route 12, I found a Cooltrainer named Lucas. When I defeated him, he gave me a Cyndaquil. I'm gonna train it to match the levels of my other Pokemon, and then exploring and training will go on as usual.

Venusaur
    Wartortle
    Butterfree
    Beedrill
    Fearow
    Arbok
    Pikachu
    Sandslash
    Nidorina
    Nidorino
    Clefairy
    Jigglypuff
    Vileplume
    Parasect
    Venomoth
    Dugtrio
    Persian
    Golduck
    Primeape
    Growlithe
    Poliwrath
    Alakazam
    Machamp
    Victreebel
    Tentacool
    Golem
    Ponyta
    Slowpoke
    Magneton
    Dodrio
    Seel
    Grimer
    Shellder
    Gengar
    Onix
    Hypno
    Kingler
    Electrode
    Exeggcute
    Marowak
    Koffing
    Kangaskhan
    Seadra
    Seaking
    Staryu
    Mr. Mime
    Jynx
    Electabuzz
    Magmar
    Pinsir
    Tauros
    Gyarados
    Ditto
    Vaporeon
    Jolteon
    Flareon
    Omanyte
    Kabuto
    Meganium
    Cyndaquil
    Feraligatr
    Furret
    Noctowl
    Ariados
    Crobat
    Chinchou
    Xatu
    Ampharos
    Bellossom
    Azumarill
    Jumpluff
    Aipom
    Sunflora
    Yanma
    Espeon
    Umbreon
    Quagsire
    Murkrow
    Misdreavus
    Wobbuffet
    Girafarig
    Forretress
    Dunsparce
    Gligar
    Qwilfish
    Scizor
    Shuckle
    Heracross
    Ursaring
    Slugma
    Piloswine
    Corsola
    Octillery
    Delibird
    Mantine
    Skarmory
    Houndoom
    Donphan
    Stantler
    Smeargle
    Miltank
    Ancor
    Ferrodon
    Gorgrowth
    Gremini
    Mallark'y
    Mandrabel
    Nyanell
    Raiger
    Searion
    Snowmad
    Tungtyed

Years
    • Seen today
    As I was training, my Cyndaquil evolved, as did my Seel. I then continued my journey south of Carnation Town and reached Acropora City. And there was a lot to do here.

To start off, its Poke Mart had TM's containing Psychic, Crunch, and Shadow Ball. After obtaining them, I evolved my Staryu and Growlithe, although I made the latter learn Flamethrower first.

Secondly, there was a man who gave away Poke Flutes... or at least he should've. But when I got there, he was robbed. A burglar challenged me to a fight with a Forretress, a Dugtrio, and a Dodrio. I brought my Flareon, Feraligatr, and Electrode with me. My Flareon dealt with his Forretress easily. For his Dugtrio, I had a cool strategy: use Aqua Jet, let Dugtrio use Dig, use Ice Punch, and finally use Aqua Jet again. His Dodrio, however, required luck to beat. When it used Swords Dance, I thought it was going to annihilate my Electrode. Instead, it decided to boost its stats again, and my Electrode finished it off. However, instead of returning the Poke Flute, the burglar ran off with some gang. On the other hand, the guys who blocked Route 17 earlier disappeared as well.

This left me with one more thing: the Acropora Gym. This was an interesting one, as it was in a cave. The lowest part of the cave had wild Pokemon, including Rhyhorn, which I had to catch. After getting out of the cave, I could challenge the Gym Leader, or do other things. I decided to take on Emily in Carnation Town.

For this battle, I took Marowak, Ampharos, Arbok, Poliwrath, and Electrode with me. Emily's Ampharos tried to annoy me by using Hypnosis and Confuse Ray on my Marowak, but the latter came out on top. As Emily sent out her Lapras, I sent out my Ampharos. My Ampharos did quite some damage, but Emily's Lapras used Perish Song. As Perish Song was about to reach its last turn, I had to switch out my Ampharos, and Emily withdrew her Lapras. Emily sent out a Rhyhorn, and I let my Poliwrath take care of it. Afterwards, Emily sent out her Clefable, and I sent out my Arbok. Clefable was annoying with Minimize and Body Slam, but Coil saved the day. Emily still had her Lapras, a Dodrio, and a Chansey. My Poliwrath dealt with her Chansey, and my Ampharos and Electrode took care of the rest.

With Emily defeated again, I was able to enter the Safari Zone. At the entrance, there was a guy who wanted to trade a Charmander for a Blastoise. I'll fulfill his request later. For now, I'm planning to catch some Pokemon at the Safari Zone.

Venusaur
    Wartortle
    Butterfree
    Beedrill
    Fearow
    Arbok
    Pikachu
    Sandslash
    Nidorina
    Nidorino
    Clefairy
    Jigglypuff
    Vileplume
    Parasect
    Venomoth
    Dugtrio
    Persian
    Golduck
    Primeape
    Arcanine
    Poliwrath
    Alakazam
    Machamp
    Victreebel
    Tentacool
    Golem
    Ponyta
    Slowpoke
    Magneton
    Dodrio
    Dewgong
    Grimer
    Shellder
    Gengar
    Onix
    Hypno
    Kingler
    Electrode
    Exeggcute
    Marowak
    Koffing
    Rhyhorn
    Kangaskhan
    Seadra
    Seaking
    Starmie
    Mr. Mime
    Jynx
    Electabuzz
    Magmar
    Pinsir
    Tauros
    Gyarados
    Ditto
    Vaporeon
    Jolteon
    Flareon
    Omanyte
    Kabuto
    Meganium
    Quilava
    Feraligatr
    Furret
    Noctowl
    Ariados
    Crobat
    Chinchou
    Xatu
    Ampharos
    Bellossom
    Azumarill
    Jumpluff
    Aipom
    Sunflora
    Yanma
    Quagsire
    Espeon
    Umbreon
    Murkrow
    Misdreavus
    Wobbuffet
    Girafarig
    Forretress
    Dunsparce
    Gligar
    Qwilfish
    Scizor
    Shuckle
    Heracross
    Ursaring
    Slugma
    Piloswine
    Corsola
    Octillery
    Delibird
    Mantine
    Skarmory
    Houndoom
    Donphan
    Stantler
    Smeargle
    Miltank
    Ancor
    Ferrodon
    Gorgrowth
    Gremini
    Mallark'y
    Mandrabel
    Nyanell
    Raiger
    Searion
    Snowmad
    Tungtyed

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    In the Safari Zone, I caught Dratini, Larvitar, Lapras, Chansey, and Sudowoodo. I had to train them to match the rest of my team, causing Dratini and Larvitar to evolve.

After that, I challenged the Gym Leader of Acropora City, Alan. However, my Pokemon weren't strong enough to deal with him. Therefore, I had to train more. My Koffing, Exeggcute, Nidorina, and Nidorino evolved.

Aside from training, I headed left of Acropora City, where I found a cave. In this cave, I got ambushed by 2 Diglett and a Dugtrio. My Crobat could handle the Diglett just fine, but Dugtrio was too much, so I had to let Vaporeon come to the rescue. After surviving the ambush, I got an Emerald Ring.

I also went to Palerock Mountain to explore a part of it I hadn't explored yet, and found a boss Skarmory. To defeat it, I had to let my Ancor use Scary Face against it, before my Gengar and Magneton could attack it. When the Skarmory was defeated, I got a set of Quartz Beads.

At the sea routes, there was a cave with a boss Tentacruel inside. While looking for the Tentacruel, I found a shiny Shellder! I caught it and evolved it into a Cloyster. For my regular Shellder, I bought a Slowpoke Tail at the Department Store, so I could evolve it into a Concher.

Regarding the boss Tentacruel, I had to let my Ancor use Scary Face first, then put it to sleep with my Gengar, and my Quagsire had to help too with Mud-Slap. After some good hits, the boss Tentacruel fell in defeat, and I got a Spinel Charm.

Before going back to training, I went back to Orientem Forest to look for a shiny Poliwhirl. When I found one, I caught it and evolved it into a Politoed. Now, I shall resume my training again.

Venusaur
    Wartortle
    Butterfree
    Beedrill
    Fearow
    Arbok
    Pikachu
    Sandslash
    Nidoqueen
    Nidoking
    Clefairy
    Jigglypuff
    Vileplume
    Parasect
    Venomoth
    Dugtrio
    Persian
    Golduck
    Primeape
    Arcanine
    Poliwrath
    Alakazam
    Machamp
    Victreebel
    Tentacool
    Golem
    Ponyta
    Slowpoke
    Magneton
    Dodrio
    Dewgong
    Grimer
    Cloyster
    Gengar
    Onix
    Hypno
    Kingler
    Electrode
    Exeggutor
    Marowak
    Weezing
    Rhyhorn
    Chansey
    Kangaskhan
    Seadra
    Seaking
    Starmie
    Mr. Mime
    Jynx
    Electabuzz
    Magmar
    Pinsir
    Tauros
    Gyarados
    Lapras
    Ditto
    Vaporeon
    Jolteon
    Flareon
    Omanyte
    Kabuto
    Dragonair
    Meganium
    Quilava
    Feraligatr
    Furret
    Noctowl
    Ariados
    Crobat
    Chinchou
    Xatu
    Ampharos
    Bellossom
    Azumarill
    Sudowoodo
    Politoed
    Jumpluff
    Aipom
    Sunflora
    Yanma
    Quagsire
    Espeon
    Umbreon
    Murkrow
    Misdreavus
    Wobbuffet
    Girafarig
    Forretress
    Dunsparce
    Gligar
    Qwilfish
    Scizor
    Shuckle
    Heracross
    Ursaring
    Slugma
    Piloswine
    Corsola
    Octillery
    Delibird
    Mantine
    Skarmory
    Houndoom
    Donphan
    Stantler
    Smeargle
    Miltank
    Pupitar
    Ancor
    Concher
    Ferrodon
    Gorgrowth
    Gremini
    Mallark'y
    Mandrabel
    Nyanell
    Raiger
    Searion
    Snowmad
    Tungtyed

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    With my Politoed having caught up to the rest of my team, I decided to make another attempt at the Acropora Gym. Aside from my Politoed, I also took Starmie, Vaporeon, Jumpluff, Quagsire, and Skarmory with me. For preparation, I gave my Quagsire Bulldoze and my Skarmory Rock Smash.

Alan started off with a Sandslash, and I started off with a Jumpluff. Unfortunately, Alan's Sandslash had a Coarse Charm, allowing it to summon a Sandstorm. Anyways, I let my Jumpluff use Sleep Powder first. Then, 2 hits from Mega Drain were enough to defeat the Sandslash. Also, the Sandstorm vanished after a few turns.

Next up, Alan sent out a Kangaskhan, and I sent out my Skarmory. I was able to land 2 Rock Smashes, but before I could land a third one, Alan swapped his Kangaskhan for a Nidoking. As his Nidoking got hit by Rock Smash, its Defense dropped. Still, I had to swap my Skarmory for my Quagsire. Alan;s Nidoking used Thunderbolt, meant for my Skarmory, but sending in Quagsire was the right move. I let my Quagsire use Bulldoze, but Nidoking used Ice Beam and did a lot of damage. As it used Ice Beam again, I swapped my Quagsire for my Starmie. Fortunately, Starmie outsped Nidoking and finished it off with Surf.

Then, Alan sent out his Kangaskhan again. This time, I sent out my Vaporeon, hoping to weaken it with Charm. Kangaskhan used Strength, but it missed, allowing my Vaporeon to use Charm against it. As I let it use Charm again, Kangaskhan did manage to land a Strength and get an Attack boost. Then, I sent out my Skarmory again. Fortunately, Kangaskhan wasn't strong enough anymore to finish off my Skarmory anymore, so it fell after 2 more Rock Smashes.

Next up, Alan sent out a Nidoqueen. I sent out my Politoed. Nidoqueen used Earthquake and did a lot of damage. I let my Politoed use Hypnosis. Then I let it use Mud-Slap, in case the Nidoqueen would wake up. It didn't wake up at all, allowing my Politoed to use Bubble Beam. Nidoqueen's Speed dropped, making it slower than my Politoed. One more Bubble Beam was enough to take out the Nidoqueen.

Alan still had a Rhydon and a Steelix left. Against the Rhydon, I sent out my Starmie. One Surf was enough to take out the Rhydon. As for the Steelix, I sent out my Vaporeon. My Vaporeon was faster and managed to use Charm once, but the Steelix did a lot of damage to my Vaporeon with Earthquake. I sent out my Jumpluff to use Sleep Powder and Leech Seed against it. Then, I sent out my Starmie. Fortunately, the Steelix kept sleeping, allowing my Starmie to defeat it with Surf.

With Alan defeated, he rewarded me with his badge and a TM containing Earthquake. Also, my level cap rose to 60!

Venusaur
    Wartortle
    Butterfree
    Beedrill
    Fearow
    Arbok
    Pikachu
    Sandslash
    Nidoqueen
    Nidoking
    Clefairy