• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] Trying to import older animations into v20.1

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I'm updating my game and I'm trying to import some of the old animations that I have into it, but the problem is that some of them (the ones that target the user) don't look how they're supposed to in the game.
    For example: The move Quiver Dance is supposed to have the Pokemon who uses the move rotate a bit when the animation is playing, but in the actual game, the pokemon doesn't move at all. (in the battle animations editor screen, it shows the opposing pokemon rotating instead of the user, but in the actual game from the older 17.2 version, the animation plays out correctly, unlike in v20.1). I've encountered the same problem with the animations from this project. Can anyone help out on how to fix this?

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi, I've worked on an animation project, and unfortunately, there is no easy solution. You need to go to the animation editor and manually update the animation. This is what happens to move animations that date back to v17, and the issue appears since v18.

Here is a guide. If you watch the animation in the editor, you'll see that the opposite Pokémon (=Charizard) rotates while the visual effects of Quiver Dance appear around the user (=Pikachu).
    To fix it, you should:
    • Manually transfer the rotation from the opposite Pokémon to the user Pokémon. To do that, for each frame, you should check out the X and Y of the Charizard, compute X1 = 384 - X and Y1 = 96 - Y (384, 96 is the original position of the Charizard, any deviation from that will generate a move). On the same frame, add X1 to the position of the Pikachu (compute 128 + X1 and 224 + Y1).
    • Remove the deviations of Charizard. This is actually easier than checking each frame. Click the "Tweening" button, don't touch the starting and ending frames. On the "first cel" line, select 1, and on the "last cel" select 1 too ("1" is the index of the Charizard). Also check "Positioin / Zoom / Angle" and click "OK". What that does, is it tries to interpolate the positions of the Charizard across the frames depending of its position on the first frame and last frame. Here you have Charizard in the same position in both frames, to every frame in between will get this position.

Back