• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tug o' War 4 - Mario (+1) vs Zelda (-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    I'm not a huge fan of Phantom Hourglass. I got it one Christmas and was sitting there, playing it. Then I got to the point where you had to yell into the microphone to make stuff happen. I was too embarrassed to do so. So, I was stuck there for a while. xD

I'm pretty sure you could just blow into the mic and it would count, though it's been 10,000 years since I've played it, so I could be remembering incorrectly...

I also didn't like that you had to use the stylus to play the entire game. I played through it once and then later tried it again but just could not be bothered... <_<

SAME. Those two DS Zelda's were hell on the touch screen. And need I bring up the archery minigame? Nightmare. But I loved Phantom Hourglass anyway...
    I had one of those action replay cheat devices and could moon-jump over puzzles, or just speed-hack through doors, it was a blast!

I played both OoT and MM on the 3DS. Though, I didn't get too far in MM. The reason for that was that they decided making Link move slower was a good idea. It frustrated me so much that I just gave up on it. <_<

MM 3D is absolute garbage. (at least to me anyway) There exists a mod to make it much closer to the original, but I haven't had the chance to try it out yet.

Oh, and 244 I guess lol.

Years

*When you look through your pile of unplayed Switch games and find out you did actually buy BOTW at some point* 😳

My DS' touchscreen is still intact. I remember a lot of games using it heavily, not just Zelda ones, but as money was scarce when I was young I was always careful with my stuff.

And then the 3DS came and the touchscreen was barely used by most games

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today

I didn't like Breath of the Wild, but I still accumulated 70 hours in it. I might be feeling some over saturation of the open world genre. It has certainly been 'the big' genre over these last few years.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

Mine is probably still The Wind Waker. It's funny how well the art style aged, too.

Years
    two 239 above

There was a Virtual Console version of it for the 3DS, but the 3DS store stopped back in March.

You can get it on the Switch via an NSO subscription as well.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Oh, it's sad they stopped the online store... I bought some old games there like Silver and Yellow iirc.

Years

I think the only thing I paid for in the 3DS store is Pokemon Bank.
    All my 3DS games are bought from various shops xD
    Even my Crystal VC was bought as a physical Code-in-a-Box.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

Most of the stuff I bought on the 3DS store I never ended up playing. I also had all those Ambassador games that I never picked up, either. xD

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday

I haven't bought a Nintendo console for like 10 years I guess?
    After moving far from my parent's home for the university, I turned into a PC gamer so I didn't have to move a PC + a console + a television...
    Is there like a "MarioCommunity" or "ZeldaCommunity" with a focus on fangames?

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years

There's multiple fangames of Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time that I know of, that you could 'probably' find a Discord for. There's also quite a few game randomizers
    for both Mario and LoZ games, (I'm rather fond of running the OOT 3D radomizer myself) so there's plenty to choose from if you don't have any interest in the 'vanilla' experience.

Some of the best games I've ever played I got on the 3DS E-shop on a whim, it's sad to think that some people may never get the chance to play some of those games. Hell, one of them I liked so much that I bought the hard copy 'deluxe edition' used on Ebay. And I had never even heard of it before I found it randomly one day while scrolling through the E-shop. Sadness...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

After moving far from my parent's home for the university, I turned into a PC gamer so I didn't have to move a PC + a console + a television...
    probably! whethere or not they're as cozy as PokéCommunity is unsure though.

Years

I highly doubt I'd be as active on here as I am if the place didn't feel so comfy =3

And speaking of unplayed 3DS games... I still got a couple 3DS games wrapped in plastic as I lost interest in the 3DS back then before ever playing them xD

I was initially not gonna bother with the Switch at all due to preferring handhelds, but then eventually they made the Switch Lite and it prevented me from reaching that number myself... =P
    We did have a SNES and N64 back in the day, but I've personally always preferred handhelds.

Years

unplayed games? that'd be stardew valley for me which has been on my steam library since 2018

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

I gave up on Steam a while ago. All these games I got through a bundle that are just sitting there...I also bought The Last Remnant because I really wanted to play it back then but never got around it. I also never beat the Moonlord in Terraria. :(

Years

In a parallel Universe I am very active on Zelda community and my username is: _not_confused_piplup_

I generally buy few games I know I'll play. That said, there are several games I haven't finished and I tend to sell those. I have one game I haven't even started yet because of me being busy and that is: Dragon's dogma

Years

O gawd I don't even wanna think of all the games gathering digital dust in my Steam library.
    I looked it up once before, for an FG, and iirc it was a couple hundred of them xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back