• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tug o' War 5 - Pie (+1) vs Cake (-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years

Trust me, pies can have creative designs too! If you don't believe me, check out the talented Jessica Clark-Bojin, and the pies she bakes. They are such fantastical works of art that I'd feel guilty about eating them.

Years

Whipped cream cakes. They can be topped with lots of different things and the ones I have usually have have some type of nut at the outer edge.

As for pies it would be cherry pie. I have also had savory dinner pies at times, though the last time was years ago lol, and although delicious, it just doesn't beat a normal meal to me.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

Apple Pie, I guess. It's been a while, though. ^^"

Years

My favourite cake is the one me or my mom make for birthdays. Takes a long while but it's worth it: it has two layers of homemade creams: lemon scented one and chocolate. The base is sponge cake.

Years

On a different note: the pie - cake distinction doesn't exist in my language. Both are just called 'taart'
    'Appeltaart' = Apple Pie.
    'Bruidstaart' = Wedding Cake.

So as taart is Dutch for cake, clearly voting cake covers both options! :fufu:

Years

Tarts are close to pies, the pastry shells that the filling goes in are supposedly lighter and thinner than pies, but they're like a pie's little sister, and tarts might be the most superb-tasting of all.

In my town you see this kind of fruit tart a lot, covered with berries, kiwi, mango and peaches in a vanilla cream. It's delectable. All the more reason to support the pie family.

Tug o' War 5 - Pie (+1) vs Cake (-1)

Years

On a different note: the pie - cake distinction doesn't exist in my language. Both are just called 'taart'
    'Appeltaart' = Apple Pie.
    'Bruidstaart' = Wedding Cake.

So as taart is Dutch for cake, clearly voting cake covers both options! :fufu:

Actually, same in Italian. It's just "torta" in any case. We don't really make a difference.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back