• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tug o' War 5 - Pie (+1) vs Cake (-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years

I made cake once and never again lol
    To me the effort involved wasn't worth it when I can just buy one starting at like 7-8 euros.
    Never tried making pie, but it's probably just as time intensive.

Years

When I made the apple galette yesterday I thought it was pretty simple. I have made German apple cake before, which is a lovely cake and not very hard to make- it was the first cake I ever baked that didn't come from a box, but the gallette had even fewer steps and ingredients.

All I had to do was add flour to a bowl, with butter- I used a substitute, and water, mix it with a utensil for a few seconds, and you have dough. Shape it into a ball with your hand, the way you would a cookie. Then roll it flat on the table. I didn't even have a rolling pin on me, I used a glass bottle. Put the pieces of the fruit you want in the center, and tuck in the edges of the dough with your fingers- it doesn't have to look symmetrical or pretty, then sprinkle some sugar on top, and it's ready for the oven.

Years

all these seasoned bakers trying to put a Glaceon with no baking talent to shame smfh 😢 Too bad I don't have any shame :femme:
    I also don't really enjoy baking, so to me it's just a chore....

What's the point of putting a pie or cake in a mug though... 🤔

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

I don't do the baking and I don't even have an oven! :D

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

You don't need special occasions. You just need pie! :D

Years

No list of the greatest and most culturally significant songs of all time would be complete without the song I am about to share. This masterpiece contains some of the greatest lyrics ever conceived of in the English language. I give you American Pie.

Can you rhyme an epic phrase like the day the music died with the word cake?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back