• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Turns out all these years I've had a fake card - Farfetch'd

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2012
    It's a version of Base Set (2) Farfetch'd, except covered in a layer of holographic material (like used for normal holos, except all over). I really don't know why I didn't suspect it of being a fake before - I've seen no other card with such holographicness. I've had it for years though (I got it when Pokemon cards were still pretty new), and just assumed it had been a promo with something, or maybe given out with a Happy Meal (did they even give out cards with Happy Meals?).

It's not even a good fake, not at all, once you think about it. For a start, it is about 2mm thinner and 1mm shorter than a legitimate card (I did wonder about this, but assumed that it was a deliberate thing to stop the 'promo' card being used in competitions). It has a holographicness is like no other. The colours on the back are less saturated, the border is thicker on the top and bottom. And I must admit, looking at it now, it looks home printed.

But seeing as all I had to trade in primary school (before the cards were banned) were Digletts (more or less), I was probably very glad to get any sort of card in trade, nevermind an OMGSHINY!!!

Has any one else seen anything like it?

pmarckoue

CAN IT BE!?
    Years
  • I remember having some of those stickers. It does look like one, maybe try taking it off, if it doesn't come off, it's a fake anyways, so no harm done lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    Yeah I had one of them, Can't remember who the pokemon was but i remember i had one

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2012
    Oh, turns out it is a sticker! Well well, who'd thought it? Where were these stickers from, anyway?

Back