• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Two Truths and a Lie: Pokémon Edition!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Before: The first one looks true due to Pachirisu's resemblance to Terriermon, and the third one seems a tad unrealistic, so I'm picking number 3.
    After: Oh, wow, you had me fooled. xD

1. I've never played Pokémon Stadium or its sequel.
    2. My favorite series of the anime is the Advanced Generation series.
    3. My very first shiny was a Gyarados.

Spoiler:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    @H.A.N. No I have never said that on this board, but I must find that person for s/he has great tastes. XD

Before: 1, I bet you like them. =w=
    After: Yeaaah. Was that Red Gyarados?~

1 I once named a team after YouTube stars(like Fred or Nate(wantstobattle) and the such.).
    2 I once named a team after characters from Katekyo Hitman Reborn.
    3 My usual team nicknames go based of my family: My character is named Al(my nickname), rival is Felix(the boy version of my sister's name, since rivals are usually boys), and then F(my sis again), P, J, N, M, S for the Pokemon.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Before: Hmm, I think I'll say #2 is a lie! I can imagine all of them being true but I think #2 probably has the least amount of characters so let's go with that :D
    After: Yeah I suck at this game :D

1. I have never nicknamed a Pokémon.
    2. I have never played a Gen 6 game.
    3. My first level 100 Pokémon was a Sandslash.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Meadow

Years

No worries, my longest streak is only 3 in a row, and I've been playing this game for quite some time, eheh. Also, I'd hate to be the person to say this, but can you edit your post to add the answer? I'm really sorry about that, aha. (Don't let it bother you, though, as everyone makes mistakes! ...Especially me. xD)

For now, I'm guessing number 1, because lots of people have nicknamed at least one Pokémon in their life. =P
    EDIT: Oh, sweet! I got it right! =D

1. As of today, I've seen every Pokémon movie that was ever released.
    2. My favorite Pikachu short is a tie between Pikachu's Rescue Adventure and Gotta Dance.
    3. I have never played Pokémon Ruby Version.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    Before: I'll go with 3, you seem like the kind of person to play the first version.
    After: Of course I got that wrong. ^^

1 I love the Pikachu lookalikes but never used them on my team other than Raichu's line.
    2 The first time I learned that Fighting Type was strong against Rock was when I nearly lost a LG nuzlocke to Brock when my last Pokemon Mankey at a much lower level swept his Gym.
    3 My favorite Regions are Johto, Unova, and Hoenn.

Spoiler:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    Before: I'll go with 3, you seem like the kind of person to play the first version.
    After: Of course I got that wrong. ^^

1 I love the Pikachu lookalikes but never used them on my team other than Raichu's line.
    2 The first time I learned that Fighting Type was strong against Rock was when I nearly lost a LG nuzlocke to Brock when my last Pokemon Mankey at a much lower level swept his Gym.
    3 My favorite Regions are Johto, Unova, and Hoenn.

Spoiler:

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
    2 seems very legit, I don't really know for 3 and 1 so I'll choose 1 cuz' I dislike thunder rats.
    Edit : yay!

1. I like to use Sweeping teams
    2. I like to use Stalling team
    3. I like to use Fun teams

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2015
    Before: I'll go with one; stalling doesn't work that well in-game...
    After: KNEEL BEFORE ME, PEASANTS!!!

1. Ever since watching the video "I'M PETCH" I have given over 10 Pokemon that nickname, or variations of that nickname.
    2. My Alpha Sapphire Nulocke is going to eventually be me saying: "Screw the deaths, I have Poke."
    3. I have made two awesome references in this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD9Cx06azuo

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Spoiler:
    Haha, this made me laugh XD

As for redrock...

Before: I have never heard of the video in #1 so I guess I'll go with that and assume it doesn't exist or something! Then I clicked the link after posting this, oops...
    After: First time I get one right and it's for the completely wrong reason... still counting it as a win :t320:

1. The first shiny Pokémon I ever hatched myself was a shiny female Drifloon that I named Floony.
    2. When playing Pokémon X&Y for the first time, the first wild Pokémon I encountered was a shiny Weedle.
    3. I once trained a team of all-shiny Pokémon by donations from the friendly folks in Trade Corner.
    Spoiler:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    Before: Is it 2? I don't remember running into Weedle in y.
    After: Is it X-clusive?? Awesome for you anyhow! Shiny Beedrill is beauty!

1 In a hack titled Dark Energy, the first Pokemon I ran into(and caught) was a shiny Rattata tgat I named Nina.
    2 My first ever shiny was a Pelipper in Sapphire I named 'Peeka'.(because of Peeko)
    3 I have no shinies in Gen IV or V.

Spoiler:

Meadow

Years
    Before: I'm guessing number 2, because the first one sounds too situational to be false, and I think the last one is true based on what you said a while back.
    After: Whew, I almost picked #3 due to my self-doubt. Glad I didn't, though. xD

1. I haven't seen Pokémon Origins yet.
    2. I've never owned an Arceus in any main series Pokémon game.
    3. I actually played a translation patch of B/W before it hit the U.S. (which is why I post so frequently in this thread).

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Before: #3 seems too obvious and #1 sounds believable given it was never that popular, so I'll go with #2 since Arceus is pretty easy to get your hands on if you're on a Pokémon forum!
    After: Oh snap, shows what I know!

1. My favourite region is Sinnoh.
    2. My favourite Pokémon type is Poison.
    3. I have never defeated the Hoenn Elite Four.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2015
    Before: It had better be 3, otherwise you are officially banned from Pokemon forever.
    After: Yay, you aren't banished... YET...

1. I ask Steven-Senpai for help before every battle.
    2. Cradily is awesome.
    3. Scizor is my favorite Pokemon.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Before: I'll say #1 because that just sounds annoying to do!
    After: Not sure what that means, I guess you mean your favourite is actually Garchomp? In which case I lose, aw :( I'll get one right soon!

1. I have never willingly made a secret base ('willingly' because you get one made for you in ORAS).
    2. I have completed the Shoal Cave miniquest to receive the Shell Bell.
    3. I have trained a Wooper to level 100 without evolving it.
    Spoiler:

Meadow

Years
    Before: I just can't imagine number 3 being true, so I'm going with that!
    After: Oh, you totally tricked me!

1. Swadloon is currently my favorite Bug-type Pokémon.
    2. I think Fletchling is 999x cuter in the XY anime, especially in episode 36.
    3. I prefer Bulbasaur's normal palette over its shiny palette.

Spoiler:

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Before: #1 feels too obvious to be true. ):
    After: I CAN FEEL MY EGO INFLATING

1. My first starter was Piplup.
    2. I've spent over 200 hours on Platinum.
    3. Before Arcanine, Houndoom was my favourite pokemon.

Hope this wasn't too obvious! Good luck. ;]

Spoiler:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    Before: I know you started with Pokemon in the 4th gen, so 1 seems possible, and considering I've spent over 200 hours on PokeMMO, I can see you easily logging up over 200 hours in Platinum. I have however never heard you mention Houndoom as your favourite, and Rainbow Arcanine was the first username I knew you under, so I'm gonna go with 3 :D

After: ****

1. Johto is the region I have the most hours logged into.
    2. I carried my first Lugia over 4 different playthroughs in Pokemon Silver
    3. My favourite Pokemon was Monferno for a brief period of time

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Before: I know #2 is true from what you've said before and Monferno is a very 'you' Pokémon to like, though I don't remember you saying he was ever your favourite... I do remember you talking about him for a while in the old Fire club though and although you like Johto I find it believable you'd have spent more time on other games - not that you played the recent one for ages... going with #1 I guess!
    After: Right answer, wrong reason - didn't think MMO would count :(

1. I use all 3 Regi Pokémon on my current main team in Alpha Sapphire.
    2. I completed the Delta story of Alpha Sapphire over a single day.
    3. It took me three tries to beat the first gym in Alpha Sapphire.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2015
    Before: I beat Delta in about 2 hours, the Regis make sense, and the only reason you'd fail at the first Gym is if you picked Torchic. #3!
    After: YA KNOW WHO ELSE IS TOO AMAZING TO FAIL?! *ego level: 9,001

1. I'm not into competitive battling at all. What happened to playing the game for fun?!
    2. They are NOT running out of ideas for new Pokes. Period.
    3. I have failed more Nuzlockes than I have beaten.

Spoiler:

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Before: As battle server staff, we are brainwashed to believe that anyone who doesn't like competitive battling is not normal. So therefore, #1 is false. ;]

After: I'm glad I didn't have to get the brainwash out!

1. The first time I ran into a shiny, it exploded.

2. Despite being apart of the battle server staff, I don't enjoy competitive battling. SHHHH

3. I have raised a pokemon to level 100 before.

Spoiler:

Back