• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ugliest Pokemon

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
  • Yeah... here we go again.

• Mega Salamence. Really? The second best mega in the game has such a dumb design? Salamence looked like it could control its ability to fly... but Mega Salamence looks like a flying croissant. It's an armless lizard attached to a moon disc... wtf.
    • Arceus. I hate this Pokemon despite having used it countless times. Mainly for the retarded concept (Pokemon and religion should not collide!!!), but also for its design. A "god" which looks like a deer stuck in a hula hoop?
    • Mr. Mime. Don't get me started.
    • Regigigas. Dumb design all-around, that grass (or whatever it is) on its feet and forehead doesn't make any sense, but the main problem is that it's just way too overdesigned.
    • Magmortar. Most of the fire looks non-real, and those pink lips are retarded.
    Well there are a few more, but these are my main complaints. Yours?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Diggersby. It's a balding middle age man with arm ears. Eugh.

That's not the only ugly one though. The Conkeldurr line looks pretty veiny and unattractive, and then there's Purugly which is a fat behemoth with a strangely shaped face. And there's Claydol... I dunno what to make of that thing. Of course there's a lot of ugly Mega Evolutions too like Mega Alakazam, Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Glalie, the Lati Megas... There's no shortage of ugly designs.

I wonder though why do you say religion and Pokemon shouldn't mix? A lot of mythical creatures are either tied to religion or are gods themselves. Take the Weather Trio for instance; all of them are based off Jewish mythological creatures.

Years
  • I second mega Salamence and the Conkeldurr line, they both just look silly.
    Some other ones I hate are
    -Rhyperior. I loved Rhydon, but then come fourth generation, they gave it an evolution that just looks like Rhydon but brown with a horn on its nose. Oh, and don't forget the rocks stuck all over its body...
    -Braxien. I love Fennekin, she's in my top 5, but Braxien looks a little too human for me. And who thought of putting a stick in its tail? Well, at least there's Delphox at the end.
    -Klefki. WHYYYYYY??? I really don't hate inanimate object Pokemon, but Klefki is just not my style.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Yeah... here we go again.

• Mega Salamence. Really? The second best mega in the game has such a dumb design? Salamence looked like it could control its ability to fly... but Mega Salamence looks like a flying croissant. It's an armless lizard attached to a moon disc... wtf.
    • Arceus. I hate this Pokemon despite having used it countless times. Mainly for the retarded concept (Pokemon and religion should not collide!!!), but also for its design. A "god" which looks like a deer stuck in a hula hoop?
    • Mr. Mime. Don't get me started.
    • Regigigas. Dumb design all-around, that grass (or whatever it is) on its feet and forehead doesn't make any sense, but the main problem is that it's just way too overdesigned.
    • Magmortar. Most of the fire looks non-real, and those pink lips are retarded.
    Well there are a few more, but these are my main complaints. Yours?

Arceus will strike you down for your words.

I agree with Mr. Mime. I refuse to ever use one and its scary imo, not to mention really ugly.

Alomomola. I HATE ALOMOMOLA. Ironically, its ugliness is the most attractive part of it.

Years
  • Purugly should be a given, based on it's name. I also have to put Probopass up there, since just about everything about it is unappealing.

I think the ugliest Pokemon overall though is Barbaracle. I mean, Binacle was bad enough, so why not put 7 of them together to make an extra ugly Pokemon with a hand for its face?

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • I second mega Salamence and the Conkeldurr line, they both just look silly.
    Some other ones I hate are
    -Rhyperior. I loved Rhydon, but then come fourth generation, they gave it an evolution that just looks like Rhydon but brown with a horn on its nose. Oh, and don't forget the rocks stuck all over its body...
    -Braxien. I love Fennekin, she's in my top 5, but Braxien looks a little too human for me. And who thought of putting a stick in its tail? Well, at least there's Delphox at the end.
    -Klefki. WHYYYYYY??? I really don't hate inanimate object Pokemon, but Klefki is just not my style.

Come on, Rhyperior looks awesome. Let me guess, you hate Dragonite? That thing also looks really different from his pre-evolutions.

But I agree with Klefki, it's just a keychain.

Years
  • Come on, Rhyperior looks awesome. Let me guess, you hate Dragonite? That thing also looks really different from his pre-evolutions.

I'll admit, he's cooler than a lot of other Pokemon. I have mixed feelings for Dragonite. I do wish he looked like Dragonair, but his design doesn't bother me like Rhyperior's does (just so you know, I dislike a lot of the evolutions presented in gen 4, Rhyperior, Electivire, Tangrowth, Magmortar). The ridiculously tiny wings do look kind of dumb, but in some cases Dragonite looks really cute, one of the reasons that I can live with him being around.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Combusken
    Spoiler:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    C'mon guys, Mr. Mime is cool. Maybe. Sort of. A little.

Agreeing with Mew_nami, religion and Pokemon have already mixed countless times. It's unavoidable at this point. With all these powerful Pokemon, there has to be some fictional religion based around idolizing something like Arceus as a god. (Though I disagree with the idea that Arceus is literally God, as in a canon, confirmed version of the Christian God.)

A lot of Pokemon I agree are ugly but not ugly enough to turn me off from using them entirely. Well, there are exceptions. Like someone said Barbaracle. I think Barbaracle is the worst designed Pokemon in existence. No exaggerations. It's so bad, I'd never use it, and that's not typical for me.

And Venusaur's kinda gross IMO

mew_nani

Years
  • C'mon guys, Mr. Mime is cool. Maybe. Sort of. A little.

Agreeing with Mew_nami, religion and Pokemon have already mixed countless times. It's unavoidable at this point. With all these powerful Pokemon, there has to be some fictional religion based around idolizing something like Arceus as a god. (Though I disagree with the idea that Arceus is literally God, as in a canon, confirmed version of the Christian God.)

A lot of Pokemon I agree are ugly but not ugly enough to turn me off from using them entirely. Well, there are exceptions. Like someone said Barbaracle. I think Barbaracle is the worst designed Pokemon in existence. No exaggerations. It's so bad, I'd never use it, and that's not typical for me.

And Venusaur's kinda gross IMO
    I'm not entirely sure Barbaracle counts as ugly. Ugly means repulsive, disgusting, and unappealing, but you can still survive looking at it without your eyeballs melting out. Barbaracle sorta crosses the threshold into eldritch; your mind bends trying to comprehend its true form. It's an indescribably loathesome being. It's the spawn of some as of yet unrevealed cosmic horror.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Mr. Mime is fine, but Mime Jr. is so much better.

Ugliest Pokemon

It's baby form is an improvement.
    It's repulsively adorable.

I'm not entirely sure Barbaracle counts as ugly. Ugly means repulsive, disgusting, and unappealing, but you can still survive looking at it without your eyeballs melting out. Barbaracle sorta crosses the threshold into eldritch; your mind bends trying to comprehend its true form. It's an indescribably loathesome being. It's the spawn of some as of yet unrevealed cosmic horror.

There's a legend, that a Satan Pokemon was intentional. In the form of Giratina? No. Game Freak chose to portray the lord of Hell as...

...I tried to find a picture of Barbaracle and now that I've been exposed to it I realize that Barbaracle isn't that bad? Have I unintentionally brainwashed myself...?

mew_nani

Years
  • There's a legend, that a Satan Pokemon was intentional. In the form of Giratina? No. Game Freak chose to portray the lord of Hell as...

...I tried to find a picture of Barbaracle and now that I've been exposed to it I realize that Barbaracle isn't that bad? Have I unintentionally brainwashed myself...?

Maybe it's the weirdness censor kicking in. Perhaps your mind unconsciously has muffled the horror of its visage to protect yourself from certain madness.

Man if that's the inhabitant of Innsmouth Pokemon I can't wait to see the Cthullu or Azathoth mon. Maybe that should be Gen VII's theme: eldritch horrors.

Of course pertaining to Arceus... I don't really think it's equal to God from Judaism and Christianity. God existed before creation and created it Himself without help. Arceus just sorta hatched, created beings that would create the world for him, then went back to sleep. It created the universe by accident in the process of being born, and while it helped to shape it it certainly wasn't all that involved in the process. It seems more like some kind of eldritch being than a creature totally devoted to His own creations.

Last edited:

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • Probopass(sorry if that is spelled wrong)- ugh just ugh. I also hate fighting these things. Curse you sturdy.
    Purugly- the name says all

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'll have to go with Garbodor. It's literally a pile of trash. As for second, I would have to say it's Trubbish.

mew_nani

Years
  • I'm suddenly reminded that we forgot one. I'm so ashamed; how the heck could we forget THIS:

Ugliest Pokemon

I can't believe we all forgot this pile of ugly.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    I'm suddenly reminded that we forgot one. I'm so ashamed; how the heck could we forget THIS:

Ugliest Pokemon

I can't believe we all forgot this pile of ugly.

I think all the fish pokemon are equally as ugly.

mew_nani

Years
  • I think all the fish pokemon are equally as ugly.

But Goldeen, Seaking, Lumineon, Dragalgae and Milotic look nice... :(

You know, looking through the Pokedex for fish Pokemon I've noticed we really don't have that many. You'd figure with all the island nations we've been next to we'd have more fish. Instead it's more mammals and terrestrial water types that could and often do go on land. Including shellfish. What the heck?

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
  • Garbodor: That thing looks like what you'd get by fusing together a trash can with a sewer rat or something. >_>
    Jynx: Its design is just ugly, which is a shame because I really like the concept. I don't know why they had to make her so ugly -_-

Back