• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    One thing I've done at least twice is somewhat similar. For whatever reason, I unintentionally skipped an episode of a show where a critical event happened and didn't think much of it, thinking the directors just thought it would have more power not having shown what happened.

The two times that come to mind for me are Gurren Lagann (episode 8, since Netflix listed episode 9 and 8 and 9 also as 9- meaning episode 8 wasn't even on Netflix) and Madoka Magica (episode 9, and this one made sense at the time because it very well could have worked where they didn't show what happened since, at the end of episode 8, enough was implied that when they straight out tell you what happens at the beginning of episode 11, it makes sense and has weight. Makes more sense because episode 10 is completely unrelated so the tonal shift has you questioning a few things).

Though that has happened to me at least once (Shin Strange + coming to mind).

so perhaps fansubs will still be around in the future if this gap exists (if you tried to go fully legal)
    Psh, in the future technology should enable us to smoothly translate and localize Japanese to [Insert Language Here] so that we don't have that to read subs.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I only stream now. Partially because my PC doesn't have a ton of memory, mostly because I'm too lazy and streaming is so much easier ;w; Bless the few streaming sites that don't plague us with in-video ads.

PS, thanks to my cold, I'm on chapter 30ish of Noragami :'D Kazuma is gonna make me cry with all that unwavering loyalty, I swear.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Now that you mention it, I should think about what I'm gonna watch the next time I'm deathly ill. Last time was Nisekoi, so I think that might be a good time for me to finally watch Katanagatari. Been wanting to watch that for a long time, but it's long episodes make it something of a commitment.

But you know what they say, the best/worst time to make a decision is when you're two seconds from puking out your guts.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    When I'm feeling sick, I'm fully capable of watching anime, but when my mood is off, I can't watch anything, and lose all focus. ): I've watched anime with a pounding migraine, and when I was having a mild chest attack just fine. Things work weird for me.

Years
    I don't think I've ever watched something without checking to see if it's a sequel first.

I delete anime files once I'm done watching them. The ratio of anime I rewatch and never watch again is so heavily on the side of never watch again that it just isn't worth keeping them.

I avoid watching anime when I'm in a bad mood/sick because I just get overly critical and don't enjoy it.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I can watch anime when I'm sick. But I don't think I enjoy them as much as I normally would.

As for me falling for shows that are sequels to series, well, it has only happened once with me. I thought I'll get into the Macross franchise by getting into Macross Frontier. But as it turns out, Frontier was actually the seventh (or 6th? Idk) in the franchise. Thank god someone actually told me about it before I actually got onboard lmao

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    When I'm sick, I need something to do that doesn't require a lot of movement or hand-eye coordination, so anime seems to be just the ticket.

Now, depending on how I'm feeling, I might not remember what happened in the shows I watch while I'm sick, but that's what rewatching's for, once I'm feeling better and I'm actually in the correct state of mind to take in what's on my screen.

I'll typically only download 1-3 series that seem like I'd rewatch them and stream everything else. Hard disk space on my computer is getting scarce, and I also need that space for pics of cute anime girls :P

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    Just wrap yourself in some covers and watch.

Keep some water nearby.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    The best part is, at least for me, if I'm truly sick I'll be a captive audience, anyway. Laptop's right in front of my TV so I have to physically move to stop it and I'm at least partially willing to watch so having my wireless mouse or my remote nearby is no danger.

...Even though I've only done it once. When I was younger I would just play games/sleep when I was sick or possibly watch whatever's on. Nowadays, though, I don't watch TV (and old G4/the Funi Channel don't exist anymore), so watching downloaded anime (or playing VG) are about my only options.

And damn if I'm not fine with that :q

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I watch stuff on my phone when I'm feeling lazy. A 5.5 inch 1080p screen is not a bad choice at all :D

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    This tablet of mine will be my saviour whenever I get sick next.

Usually I don't really get in the mood to watch anime when I feel really bad, though. I tend to crave the least thought-requiring entertainment I can get, then, which often tends to be... just YouTube.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Generally I don't put a lot of thought into what I do when I'm sick. Beforehand, at least. And generally it's not anime- not subbed, at least. Reading subs while my head is against a pillow and my TV's a fair distance away is a task to be sure. Had to lie down with my glasses on to watch the Nice Koi.

But yeah, I pretty exclusively watch anime on a TV. In some instances, if it's just more convenient or something, I'll watch on a monitor or my laptop, but 9/10 of the time I go TV. Generally does the image more favors, especially since things like tablets don't have MadVR and rarely have up/downscaling options. I'm something of a quality-monger.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    Wouldn't slice of life shows like non non biyori count as mindless entertainment (in a good way)? Probably the most relaxing show to watch when you're feeling down.

I mainly watch anime on my laptop unless my parents aren't at home in which case I can enjoy watching animu's in our glorious 42" HD TV ::>

Last edited:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    SoLs can certainly be mindless entertainment, but they don't provide the same instant gratification as some YouTube let's play might, and in a way watching a SoL episode becomes somewhat of an engagement; you're gonna spend a bit over twenty minutes on this. Might get boring. And leaving in the middle of an episodes makes it harder for me to get back into it.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    Couldn't believe it when I saw the news. It'll be interesting seeing who the cast will be but until then, I'll have to finish playing the rest of the games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back