• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Uhh, that's weird.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
  • Remember, we all used to be little kids and at that time, we all loved Pokemon. Now, it's not cool anymore. Most moved on, but that doesn't mean that anyone had forgotten their past of playing with R/B/Y or tried to catch 'em all.

It brings nostalgia to their eyes.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Here, where I live, if you don't play something like Grand Theft Auto, Halo, L4D/L4D2, Resident Evil, or Assassain's Creed, you're going to be outcast among pretty much everyone. Pokemon is like a curse word, except of insulting others, you're insulting yourself. And the gossip is fast, if one person finds out just before school, expect everyone here to know in... three hours.

If one person finds out, they all find out one way or the other.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Some dude on my bus who I thought was going to make fun of me for playing actually likes it. We battled twice on the bus today. I stomped him, too. ;D Also, at the football games this year, my friend Zion and I would just talk about old Pokemon. Well, I sparked his interest so much that he actually bought Platinum last weekend. He also watched a bunch of Pokemon movies when he was out sick last Friday. I thought that was kinda funny...

But yeah. I've noticed a lot of people actually still play. They may not be good battlers, but hey, it's good to have someone to talk about it with. Oh, and I'm a senior. Unfortunately, all these people are younger than me. The bus guy is a freshman and Zion is a sophomore. Oh well. My class sucks.

SkyBlue

I'm in love...with Ash!
    Years
  • Yeah.

See, one time, I was trying to reach some of my friends with Pokemon when I said "Generation I". Immediately, they started yelling about how Generations I and II were the best of the Pokemon gens and that nothing else could match up to it. All I could say was, "Uh...Pikachu, anyone?" I was almost like a goldfish!

Years
  • Here, where I live, if you don't play something like Grand Theft Auto, Halo, L4D/L4D2, Resident Evil, or Assassain's Creed, you're going to be outcast among pretty much everyone. Pokemon is like a curse word, except of insulting others, you're insulting yourself. And the gossip is fast, if one person finds out just before school, expect everyone here to know in... three hours.

If one person finds out, they all find out one way or the other.
    Lol, same thing here. At my school, I got made fun of by a few people for playing Mario on the computer, and it was the original game! 3:

Wiis and DSs suck, PS3s are fair, and Xbox is all holy, apparently.

SkyBlue

I'm in love...with Ash!
    Years
  • I play on the Wii (have a DS emulator). It gives a workout.

And guess what? I just reached a bully when I talked about how weird Pokemorph fan fictions sometimes were. Cue "Yeah, it's why I don't like to read them."

DasherPunch

Chibi Chimchar FTW
    Years
  • The Xbox is the most popular with "mass teens" because it has most of the "cool" (1st person shooter) games on it.

It's sad that being in the best, hardest-to-get-in school in the whole country (Finland) doesn't mean that all the people are smart. Actually, many of the people I see in the hallway while playing start budging me and saying something random like
    "lol Pokémon lol baby"
    It's really annoying. What's the problem with them? Can't they just mind their own business? Like if they never liked something unpopular.

Sorry, seems like this whole post turned into me trying to discharge my frustration.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Please check the last post date of a thread before posting. The previous post was November 21 which makes it more than a month.

Closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back