• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Goal

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    EDIT: Alright I am going to get a second opinion on this, because this doesn't seem right to me. I am going to see a doctor.

Hey everyone, I am back with more of my rambling. This time I am going to talk about my future of my weight journey. I went ahead and checked my BMI(Body Mass Index), and it is still saying I am still obese. But I am better than I was before. I checked it when I was 245 pounds and it was so high! Here I will compare.

245 pounds - 46.29
    185 pounds - 34.96

I went down, but still I am in the danger zone. Only because of my height. I wish I was taller...grr...

Anyway yeah I found out I need to be at least between 126 to 132 pounds to be consider normal. x.x But I am afraid that will be too thin for me. But I have to consider my height plays a key part.

The most recent and most complete BMI study (1999; more than one million Americans) revealed the following range of "healthiest" BMIs: for men, 23.5 to 25.0; for women, 22.0 to 23.5. - Prevention

So yeah...I guess I have a long way to go...*sigh* And I though 150 will be good enough for me. I need to see a doctor to see what he/she thinks.

Right now I got a ultimate goal. I want to be 132 pounds by the age of 35. I am 28 now and I am sitting in 185. I probably going to be 150 when I am 30...so yeah I got a long way to go.

Wish me luck guys. I thought I was going to do it, but it seems someone is trying to stop me. >>; Oh well...
    But at least I went down, and I am pretty happy about that. ^^

Thanks for reading and tune in next time.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Well, you might just be burning time by going to the doctor, Lucy.

It's a common misunderstanding. BMI can be one of the most inaccurate measures when it comes to determining body fat, obesity, etc. The reason is that it only determines this final calculation based on two bits of information when there's a much larger part of the pie to diagnose obesity. The reason is that it doesn't take muscle into account, which is heavier than fat. A fit person, for instance, can be obese based on it. One of the running backs on our football team is obese based on BMI, when he's actually one of the most fit people we know.

So relax, don't base your journey SO much on these readings, base it on how you feel and what you think you should be. Just my opinion.

If you want more information on it, just surf the web for proven health sites. There's plenty of physical health sites to show you the right track. But if you feel the doctor is the right wave for you to surf, nobody's stopping you. If you go, see if the medical center does hydrostatic weighing, and how much it costs if it does. That's the most accurate reading for ya.

I'm... surprised the information I learned in physical fitness came to use. XD

Last edited:

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Omg, thank you so much Ryan! Yeah! They don't count muscle at all. For all we know I am probably gaining muscle. Pft, that index is nothing but lies. I can't believe I based my goal with that. But anyway, I am going to see a doctor. I need to anyway.

Back