• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unappealing Pokémon

Years
    • Seen today
    Slaking is the most unappealing creature, but I adore it completely. I've used it on countless hoenn playthroughs and it became one of my favorite pokemon.

For Pokemon I actively dislike...not many come to mind. I really don't care for Spritzee. (on top of that, it requires an item+trade to evolve).

Descendng

actual real Sableye. trust me.
    Years
  • I've never really been a fan of Stantler. on top of just not having an appealing design to me, it's also just really, REALLY annoying to battle whenever it pops up, since it has a tendency to spam Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, and flinch moves like Stomp.

I also really don't like Seaking. I've heard people give Seel and Dewgong slack for just being real animals with a horn tacked on, but never hear the same argument against Seaking when it has the same problem while also lacking the personality that Seel and Dewgong have.

other than those two, can't say there's any mons I outright dislike.
    EDIT: oh yeah. I forgot Okidogi. not a fan of him either.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • There are a few I definitely dislike, but Gurdurr is plain nasty. The pumpknot "hairdo," the clown nose, the bulging veins, THE VEIN VEST...

Years
  • Crabominable is ugly as heck, but I still like it.

As for unappealing looking Pokemon that I actively dislike; the legendary genies are probably the worst ones there. I strongly dislike all 4 of them.
    Gurdurr/Conkeldur are also very unappealing to me, but I'd still take them over the genies.

And then there's Gouging Fire/Walking Wake/Roaring Moon/Brute Bonnet/Iron Jugulis. I detest them, potentially even more than the genies.

Last edited:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I've not exactly kept my utter disdain for Stantler a secret lol. :p I think it is a truly ugly, completely useless Pokemon that GF just seems to love spreading everywhere for some dumb reason.

Ben Resolute

Forum surfer since 2012
    Days
  • Not a fan of
    There are a few I definitely dislike, but Gurdurr is plain nasty. The pumpknot "hairdo," the clown nose, the bulging veins, THE VEIN VEST...
    Definitely agree with you on this, Conkeldurr is ugly as all get out (despite being a fun one to use!)

From Gen 8, Sandaconda. It just looks...uncomfortable? Like it's choking on itself? My pokeboomer is showing but there's got to be cooler ways to design a sand snake than that

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I've always thought the wigs on Alolan Dugtrio looked tacky. I also find Crambominable to be an eyesore, it's easily the least visually appealing Pokemon.

Inteleon is another Pokemon I've never been overly fond of design-wise. Its unveiling was disappointing to say the least. Such an awkward looking pokemon.

Descendng

Years
  • I've always thought the wigs on Alolan Dugtrio looked tacky. I also find Crambominable to be an eyesore, it's easily the least visually appealing Pokemon.

Inteleon is another Pokemon I've never been overly fond of design-wise. Its unveiling was disappointing to say the least. Such an awkward looking pokemon.
    Inteleon has always been funny to me. while I get the disappointment most people have in terms of its design, I wasn't really disappointed with it at all. I just think it's kinda goofy how noodly it looks, and it definitely grew on me more after using it on my first run of Sword.

I mean, just look at him. bro is perpendicular.

1200px-Pok%C3%A9dex_Image_Inteleon_SV_Blueberry.png

can say I definitely agree with Crabominable in particular though, I dunno why they decided to give the yeti crab a bowl cut.

Years
  • Unappealing Pokémon? Yeah, that's majority of Gen IV and V designs for me. They are trying way too hard to be cool and edgy. I agree that it works with how Pokémon were presenting themselves during that era, but I find most of them unappealing. Especially humanoid Pokémon. Lucario, Lopunny, Magmortar... eck. But it doesn't just end with these gens. I think it's getting worse. Gen VIII and IX has some of the most unappealing humanoid Pokémon designs for me. The infamous trio of Galar starters are just a top of the iceberg. Why is Grimmsnarl even a thing? Quaquaval is the waste of the cool duck Pokémon. Meowscarada's design doesn't hurt that much, because I never found Sprigatito appealing at all before.

Aside from that, Gholdengo is a waste of unique typing and 1000 Pokémon slot. Also now that I look at them again, I find Sneasler and Enamorus quite bad.

Years
  • Snubbull is said to be cute but I just don't see it. Probably one of my least favorite ones from Johto, certainly not one I think is an appealing mon lol. So I'll have to agree there.

My most unappealing spot forever goes to Zarude though.

Spoiler:

I mean, eugh. That face. Why.

Also yeah, someone mentioned Crabominable and I remembered just how ugh it is also. No thank you.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Dislikes all the genies. Holds Enamorus (Therian) in a special place of contempt. Has so much going on, and none of it good.
    Enamorus Therian.png

Finds Type: Null quite ugly. Contains claws, paws, and a fin. Aimed for something unnatural. Certainly succeeded.

Agrees on Gurdurr being hideous.

Does not like the Generation 8 fossils. Designed them to be Frankenstein-ed monsters, much like Type: Null.

Descendng

Years
  • Dislikes all the genies. Holds Enamorus (Therian) in a special place of contempt. Has so much going on, and none of it good.
    View attachment 155724

Finds Type: Null quite ugly. Contains claws, paws, and a fin. Aimed for something unnatural. Certainly succeeded.

Agrees on Gurdurr being hideous.

Does not like the Generation 8 fossils. Designed them to be Frankenstein-ed monsters, much like Type: Null.
    oh lord, I forgot about Enamorus. it's certainly... something. though I feel I hate the Incarnate forme a bit more personally.

as for Type: Null, I kinda like the chimera vibe, but I get why others don't.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • People are too hard on Bruxish, and Crabominable is cute...

I like Grimmsnarl until I think about the fact that it's basically made of hair and has three fingers on each hand. Then I shudder and think it's gross. I'll also agree with the mentions of Enamorus, Gurdurr, and Zarude. Gouging Fire isn't great, and I think Grimer and Muk are way too simple. The changing colours of the Alolan forms are nice but... it felt like there really wasn't much they could do to make the designs any more interesting.

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
    Years
    • Age 26
    • He/Him/His
    • Seen today
    I love Slaking, but I feel like Shedinja should be in that category too. I've never used either, but I find the Slakoth line hilarious.

I find Exploud unappealing. I don't hate the man, but I prefer Loudred. The same can be said for Duskull's evolution Dusclops, though now that I'm looking at the design again, it's growing on me over time.

Marshtomp's such a cute little guy in Gen 3. He was my favorite Pokémon. [Unveils Marshtomp's Gen 6 model] Look at how they massacred my boy!

Side note: Despite my picking Sword, I think Appletun is the superior evolution of Applin

Alolan Pokemon are largely unappealing to me, though some of the Alolan forms grew on me... not Raichu though. Kantonian Raichu is already beautiful and perfect! Also, missed opportunity to make it Electric/Fairy (albeit I guess we already had a Pikachu clone like that).

Eelektross takes the cake though. (I only just now realized it's a pun because of the way people subtly pronounce it in the YouTube shorts I've seen.) Dang that thing's ugly.

I can't believe nobody's brought up Feebas yet. Its whole gimmick is that it's hideous, and it evolves after you convince it to be beautiful.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • ctrl+f "ambipom", 0 results....

Wow, can't believe I'm the first to post it. Aipom and its weird udder tail always bugged me and then gen 4 came along and made it so much worse. Two terrible udder-tails. It's the worst!

Back