• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Too bad there aren't any.

Having said that, we still haven't recieved any info about this special source and probably wont until the games have been released in Japan.

So I'm stuck in the middle. But hey, we'll know in 9 days.

You want a real reason? People hate them so much that they refuse to believe they are real even for a second.

Exactly.

//Totally random comment//

Oh sweet Jesus, It is a Boarbeque! Nice vid's man, commented on ur vid's untill my youtube account was stolen :P

But yeah as Boarbeque said, there is way too much hate in the air. Even though all my respect for Tsutaaja vanishes if those evolutions are real, Smuglord isin't just cool.

Mijumaru's chain owns though.

Mijumaru's is the worst one! The color scheme clashes on it's first evolution. The second one barely looks like the two Pokemon before.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2012
    If what this Pokexperto site says is true, then this does mean the previous rumors of that zebra evolving into a dual Electric/Dark is false? If so, then that's really too bad, as it would've been an otherwise useful addition to my team with an immunity to Psychic and it really looks like one of the most interesting pokemon from B&W as well.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Exactly.

Mijumaru's is the worst one! The color scheme clashes on it's first evolution. The second one barely looks like the two Pokemon before.

Really that's a matter of opinion cause I think Mijumaru's is the best while Tsutaja's is the worst. Tsutaja's looks like Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty.

Kimicatdemon

One who randomly returns!
    Years
    In the 4chan confession the guy had posted posted the evos pictures which he took with a DoCoMo brand japanese cell phone he then posted a picture of his cell phone which was taken by a Sanyo camera

Below pictures show how amateur the art actually is and how he paid no attention to the original sketches not to insult the poor troll but he is no Ken Sugimori.
    Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

This was posted on pokexperto as proof that they are real but were later taken down because pokabu's full evo's name in that picture is Mijumaru and his base stats in HP are lower than that of pokabu's, which makes no sense for something that bulky.
    Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

The only evidence we have been provided with is that these images were posted on 2ch a japanese forum, pokexperto says they have an "inside informant" which is about as believable to me as "my uncle works at nintendo" and now pokejungle has posted a sprite found on 4chan saying that there is evidence that it is real, which.. by the way they have not provided us with.

Oh I have seen that last picture some where before....

Oh... right.... They used that same picture with the Chimecho evolution and just skewed it around for a bit...and adjusted some curves in photoshop. The shadows are in the exact same place. The website was probably changed and added on via photoshop as well.

Not attacking, just throwing this out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Looks fake to me, but until this is confirmed (if it even is), going in the unconfirmed/fake thread.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    It has confirmation!

eh...its only the head though.

Yeah, we need the source to where it has been said to be confirmed. :(

If you look at the edges, it looks clearly too messy and possibly even drawn out quickly. Taking a quick glance at Yanappu's ears to the above possible evolution, It looks like the person may have stretched/warped it out. I don't see this being real but if it is, I'd hope to see a full image of it.

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
    Oh I have seen that last picture some where before....

Oh... right.... They used that same picture with the Chimecho evolution and just skewed it around for a bit...and adjusted some curves in photoshop. The shadows are in the exact same place. The website was probably changed and added on via photoshop as well.

Not attacking, just throwing this out there.

You are only person who read my post and yeah pokexperto keeps releasing these fakemon pictures in order to get attention by the way that is the pokexperto site in the background

oh and for anyone who still believes the starter evolutions are real they have NEVER ever used the same art for the anime that they did for the game

the anime sketch art and game art has always been different from each other why? because the animators have their own version more usable for animation that they can refer to ken sugimori draws a version for the pixel artists to refer to

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    are these real? I found them somewhere.

They are unconfirmed pokémon, so we don't know if they are real or not yet. );

Though like I said previously, I'd hope GameFreak has some better sense than that. I'm pretty excited to hear confirmation on whether or not these are real soon but seeing how things are going, we're probably going to have to wait until the Japanese release to see for ourselves.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

They are unconfirmed pokémon, so we don't know if they are real or not yet. );

Though like I said previously, I'd hope GameFreak has some better sense than that. I'm pretty excited to hear confirmation on whether or not these are real soon but seeing how things are going, we're probably going to have to wait until the Japanese release to see for ourselves.

With our luck. These'll be fake and we'd have even worse evolutions than the fake ones.

HandyBandyZandy

With our luck. These'll be fake and we'd have even worse evolutions than the fake ones.
    This reminded me of something I ran across once or twice. People were seeming to judge Gen V as a whole, just by the supposed starter evolutions. Nothing's stopping them from not using the starters, and they could eventually warm up to them. Personally, I originally hated them, but in a few days they grew on me. Now, I don't really care if they're fake or not. I'm gonna buy the games and use them anyway.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    At this point, it's really only Pokabu3's tiny head which bothers me. Otherwise, I'm fine with the starters, save the typings which are all really unoriginal.

The Red Chain

If you look at the edges, it looks clearly too messy and possibly even drawn out quickly. Taking a quick glance at Yanappu's ears to the above possible evolution, It looks like the person may have stretched/warped it out. I don't see this being real but if it is, I'd hope to see a full image of it.
    All Black and White Pokemon sprites are very pixely on the edges.

I'm not digging the potential evolution all too much.. It looks extremely similar to Garu from Monster Rancher. O.O; Garu is cute, but this evolution isn't all that great looking to me. Knowing my soft spot for Yanappu, it'll probably grow on me in time if it's real. I hope it has awesome stats and a monster movepool. >:]

^ Garu.

Last edited:

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
    It has confirmation!

eh...its only the head though.

Fits Melkor's description:
    Yanappu Evo, same design but bigger, with an Elvis forelock, more hair and arrogant pose. Also a pure Grass type.

I think that Yanappu evolution head sprite is just a fanart drawn based on the description (which could be fake) that we already have.

Thats what it seems is happening. People are making fanart based on the descriptions of the new pokemon that Melkor of Pokexperto is giving us on Twitter. I don't really care either way though. I like how the Yanappu fanart sprite looks. A great tribute to Elvis in my opinion.

Last edited:
    Back