• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Undefined trainer error

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    Hi, it's me again. I was trying to add a Gym Leader to my game, but when I was playtesting I got this error:

Spoiler:

I've got no idea how to fix it. I've changed the Gym Leader's script in RPG Maker to display the new Gym Leader, but this error still appeared. It seems to want me to add Brock's data back after I changed it, but Brock isn't going to be in the game, so that'd be pointless.

Interpreter line 276 doesn't make much sense to me as well, I must admit.

Years
  • Look at the script there. It's looking for the trainer type LEADER_BROCK, which you don't have. The graphic you have doesn't matter. If you want to use a different trainer, you have to change that script.

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    Look at the script there. It's looking for the trainer type LEADER_BROCK, which you don't have. The graphic you have doesn't matter. If you want to use a different trainer, you have to change that script.
    Yeah, I thought as much... I edited the event to my new Gym Leader, but the script I was told to check didn't have LEADER_BROCK in there. I used Ctrl + F and still couldn't find it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    Look in the PBS file, trainertypes.txt, LEADER_Brock isn't in that, but it is in your trainers.txt

Years
  • You have to change the actual script call in your event. It still says LEADER_BROCK, so that's what it's looking for.

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    You have to change the actual script call in your event. It still says LEADER_BROCK, so that's what it's looking for.
    Ah, I see what you're talking about now. Still, after changing it I got this error:

Spoiler:

Now she doesn't even speak before the battle is supposed to begin.

EDIT: Never mind, it's sorted now. :D

Last edited:
    Back