• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underrated games

Yukari

What are some games that you think are underrated?

Years
    The first one that comes to mind immediately for me is Remember Me. I don't know many people who have played it, and it seemed to quickly go on sale everywhere, but I found it to be hands down one of the best game plots I had played through all year in 2014.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
    I'm going old school on this, so bear with me:

Septerra Core - Albeit underrated, this was one of the best RPG's I've played in the late 90's. Similar to a KRPG-type of game, at least it's a masterpiece that kept me out of boredom...well, until you reach the end of this game. The downside of it is that there's no boss themes for this. A shame.

TIE Fighter - One of the underrated Star Wars games, where you witness the "other side" of the Battle of Endor, except it's Imperials vs. other Imperials...featuring TIE Fighters with shields, too. Oh, and TIE Defenders are OP.

Freelancer - Well, it was popular for a bit during 2003, but it had long since dwindled. I guess I can label this as underrated since I rarely see any notice from other people mentioning this game...

Years
    The first one that comes to mind immediately for me is Remember Me. I don't know many people who have played it, and it seemed to quickly go on sale everywhere, but I found it to be hands down one of the best game plots I had played through all year in 2014.

I've watched gameplay videos of it and thought it was decent looking, but nothing in particular that warrants getting the game, unfortunately :c

Not sure how under-rated Legend of Dragoon or Chrono Cross are, but probably not as much as Eternal Sonata. I personally enjoyed the game more so than a generous amount of other RPGs, but it never got the attention it deserved. I remember becoming interested in it when my friend had it for her 360 so years later, I eventually bought the game for PS3.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I don't think Viva Pinata gets enough credit. I think it's a fun and charming game and it's very relaxing to play. Games don't always need to be high strung, fast paced, or have a good story to make it great. Sometimes you need to slow down, start a garden, and take care of pinatas. The only stressful thing about this game is when pinatas fight and you have to smack them with a shovel and you feel bad.

Tomodachi Life is also severely underrated. I get that it's not for everyone, but I felt like it got wrote off pretty quick. It falls into the same realm as Viva Pinata for being relaxing, but it's also pretty funny too. I once checked on King Goodra's Mii to find that he was wearing a broccoli hat, a red cardigan, and he was putting bright blue eyeshadow on. He was truly in the spirit of the night and he looked great.

Not sure how under-rated Legend of Dragoon or Chrono Cross are, but probably not as much as Eternal Sonata. I personally enjoyed the game more so than a generous amount of other RPGs, but it never got the attention it deserved. I remember becoming interested in it when my friend had it for her 360 so years later, I eventually bought the game for PS3.

Good to know, cause I've been eyeballing that for a bit and wondering if it was any good.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I don't think Viva Pinata gets enough credit. I think it's a fun and charming game and it's very relaxing to play. Games don't always need to be high strung, fast paced, or have a good story to make it great. Sometimes you need to slow down, start a garden, and take care of pinatas. The only stressful thing about this game is when pinatas fight and you have to smack them with a shovel and you feel bad.
    Considering that game was developed through Rare's unfortunate downfall, it's really pretty great. Like Tomodachi Life, Animal Crossing, and Harvest Moon, it's just one of those games but a good one. Audio/visual presentation is perfect. So playful and serene.

My vote goes to Pikmin. The hidden gem of Nintendo franchises. The last great Miyamoto original IP. The game is simple yet deep. A puzzle game meets a RTS meets an adventure title. It takes the feeling of isolation and survival from Metroid and lightens it up. There is humour sprinkled throughout. You care about your little Pikmin and try your damndest to keep them safe... and when you don't, you're sad even though they're so easy to replenish. The music is otherwordly and games are visually beautiful. I haven't played anything else like it

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Legend Of Dragoon for sure. My friend had that game when we were kids and I always had my eye on it but everything I've seen on the internet has pointed to people not liking it so much and it upsets me. Also Digimon Card Battle was pretty great, but was created back when Bandai was still new and so the translations are terrible. But for the most part it's still pretty good and I still play it even though most people haven't ever played it and most of the ones who have don't like it.

Years
    Good to know, cause I've been eyeballing that for a bit and wondering if it was any good.

Grinding in RPGs has always been my favourite past-time in games, but that's not for everyone. I did an abundance of that in Eternal Sonata, but it's still a relatively good game regardless, that I think should have been appreciated more when it was released :c

Legend Of Dragoon for sure. My friend had that game when we were kids and I always had my eye on it but everything I've seen on the internet has pointed to people not liking it so much and it upsets me.

It was one of my childhood games that I mainly watched my sister play until I was old enough to comprehend video games, haha. It wasn't until recently that I played it since she unfortunately sold the majority of our earlier games so I had to mooch it from my cousin. Still a great game.

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    Underrated games

This will unfortunately always be thrown in amongst the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy hatred. Whatever you may think about the first two games, Lightning Returns changes things up in such a way that it is a joy to play. Sure, the story is convoluted and batshit crazy but the game itself is really great. Multiple great looking areas, a very well done changing interactive world that reacts to what is going on, a really nice and well integrated day/night cycle, a time limit that isn't too oppressive but still keeps you conscious of your goal, tons of content, FANTASTIC music and a FANTASTIC battle system make even the fetch quests in this game fun as hell. I WILL DEFEND THIS GAME FOREVER. Very underrated thanks to the lower budget and FFXIII branding.

Back