• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underrated/Overrated Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayan.b

i like cinnamon :)
Years
  • manny first gen are overrated because of the nostalgia
    i mean sure mewtwo mew charizard and dragonite are strong
    but i have never seen an "unbeatable mewtwo" defeat a giratina or a dialga
    mew dosnt stand a chance against his sisters manaphy and jirachi and barely victini
    charizared well his ass thats hidden behind its tail is way easier to kick than most people say
    and dragonite is the weakest out of the pseudo legendaries

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
    Years
  • manny first gen are overrated because of the nostalgia
    i mean sure mewtwo mew charizard and dragonite are strong
    but i have never seen an "unbeatable mewtwo" defeat a giratina or a dialga
    mew dosnt stand a chance against his sisters manaphy and jirachi and barely victini
    charizared well his ass thats hidden behind its tail is way easier to kick than most people say
    and dragonite is the weakest out of the pseudo legendaries

Weeeeeeeeell, I could argue the opposite. Mewtwo beating Giratina/Dialga and Mew beating his "sisters" is actually a case more likely than you'd think, at least in competitive battling.

IMO Tangrowth is really, really underrated. That thing is an awesome physical wall that happens to be able to beat a lot of OU threats. And it gets Regenerator, to boot!

rayan.b

Years
  • Weeeeeeeeell, I could argue the opposite. Mewtwo beating Giratina/Dialga and Mew beating his "sisters" is actually a case more likely than you'd think, at least in competitive battling.

IMO Tangrowth is really, really underrated. That thing is an awesome physical wall that happens to be able to beat a lot of OU threats. And it gets Regenerator, to boot!

tangrows is actually really strong just like you said especially that he can learn sleep powered leacheed and gigadrain simultaneously

but for the first part i must disagree with you because first of all i was talking about one on one
    first of all giratina can OHKO mewtwo with shadow force and theres nothing he can do about it and dialga can early survive a super effective aura sphere ( the best thing mewtwo has against dialga ) with more than 1 third of hp and dialga can either counter with metal burst which would take out mewtwo after an aura sphere
    and jirachi can early paraflinch mew to death and usually most mew users teach it charge beam because of the stat raise but the truth is manaphy can survive up to 4 charge beams and it can heartsawp the changes and counter attack so mew is not really that useful against these two "sisters" but can beat the other two ( victini is more of a challenge to mew than celebi )

got the damage calculations from herehttps://www.psypokes.com/dex/damage.php

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • Overrated: Lucario. Was never a fan of its design, bipedal Anubis wearing loose trousers with unnecessary spikes sticking out of its chest and paws.

Underrated: Hm, not sure... I guess... uh... Stantler? I can't really think of any underrated ones.

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
    Years
  • Overrated:
    Charizard I love Charizard, but it's very overrated, especially in the anime.
    Lucario He's pretty much a wannabe-Mewtwo with a design that was made to cater to Furries. (No offense to Furries)
    Snivy Pretty much just a female wannabe Treecko. I admit that it is pretty adorable in the anime, but it really isn't that special. I think the other starters deserve more credit.
    Darkrai He's a monster in competitive battling, sure, but in the movie, he was pretty much just another wannabe-emo-Mewtwo.
    Pikachu Totally overpowered in the anime, but crap in the games.

Underrated:
    Magikarp I see so much Magikarp hate here...
    Tauros Tauros is one of my favorite Pokemon, I don't know why, I just find him to be really awesome despite his simple design. It is also pretty underrated; it's been a while since I've battled someone with a Tauros.
    Houndoom A real powerhouse when used right, but not many use him at all.
    Zubat Sure, it may be annoying in caves, but raise one right and you get to annoy your opponent.
    Primeape The original fighting monkey.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2012
    Overrated: LUCARIO and UMBREON. Among the youngins' and morons, Pikachu. Oshawott.

Underrated: Skuntank. Persian. Most Normal types.

Glaceon is underrated for an Eeveelution.

Overused but probably not overrated is Dragonite and Hydreigon. I see them everywhere so I get sick and tired of them, but they are both very strong, so I can't consider them overrated.

Overrated:
    Charizard I love Charizard, but it's very overrated, especially in the anime.
    Lucario He's pretty much a wannabe-Mewtwo with a design that was made to cater to Furries. (No offense to Furries)
    Snivy Pretty much just a female wannabe Treecko. I admit that it is pretty adorable in the anime, but it really isn't that special. I think the other starters deserve more credit.
    Darkrai He's a monster in competitive battling, sure, but in the movie, he was pretty much just another wannabe-emo-Mewtwo.
    Pikachu Totally overpowered in the anime, but crap in the games.

Underrated:
    Magikarp I see so much Magikarp hate here...
    Tauros Tauros is one of my favorite Pokemon, I don't know why, I just find him to be really awesome despite his simple design. It is also pretty underrated; it's been a while since I've battled someone with a Tauros.
    Houndoom A real powerhouse when used right, but not many use him at all.
    Zubat Sure, it may be annoying in caves, but raise one right and you get to annoy your opponent.
    Primeape The original fighting monkey.
    I agree with your overrates, except Snivy. It's more serpentine than lizard-like, like Treeko is.

I see Houndoom everywhere.

YAY for Tauros!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2012
    overrated is got to be scrafty i think everyone thinks he is the best fighting type but i think he is so stupid and has a stupid design.

Underrated has got to be scoutland and sawk they are really strong but just people dont use them a lot and they are cool designs.

Don Bastio

Banned
    Years
  • overrated: gyarados. hes awesome and i like him, but they seriously need to get rid of the flying type and just make it water type or add more learn-able moves that are flying types. any electric type is like god compared to gyarados because of the 4x super effective, and the half-flying type is useless on gyarados because it can only learn bounce...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Please don't revive such old threads Sawkthemaster, thanks! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back