• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] unLZ issues...

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2016
    I'm having a number of issues with this tool... Wondering if someone could help me.

1. Once I import an image, it doesn't matter WHAT I do, I cannot import another over it. It ALWAYS gives me an error about the compressed size being too big, even if it's the exact same image twice.

2. When I import an image (I'm attempting to rewrite Brendan's backsprite in Ruby) it glitches like hell and doesn't show up properly, even if it does in unLZ. Do I need it to be in the same cut up format that unLZ originally shows the backsprite in? I'm using the +/- keys in unLZ to make the image look normal, and it takes one extra - after I've imported my image. Obviously the color is wrong, but that's not my first concern here...

3. I CANNOT change the palette, no matter what I do. Whenever I try to save it, and I move to a different offset and back, it's reverted to normal.

Help? All I want to do is import Red's backsprite from FR into Ruby...

:/

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Try again.
    After you are done importing and repointing a new image, close Unlz-GBA, and delete the two newly created files in the folder where your ROM is. Their extensions are .pal and .spr
    And then you can run Unlz-GBA again and you can see the changes that you've made~

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2016
    That doesn't stop it going all wacky...

This doesn't let me change the palette either.

Back