• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unova Classic

Years
  • Unova Classic

Unova Classic

Registration is now open for the Unova Classic. Commemorate the era of Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 with vibrant battles using the Pokémon found in the first five discovered Pokémon regions. All qualified participants in the Unova Classic will receive a Darmanitan like the one the mysterious N had at his side.

The matches will be Triple Battles in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, with all six Pokémon available to battle in each match. In the Unova Classic Online Competition, you will be permitted to use Pokémon from past games brought in via Poké Transporter. All Pokémon above Lv. 50 will be set to Lv. 50 for the duration of the match. See the regulations for a complete list of eligible Pokémon. Mega Stones and the item Soul Dew will not be permitted.

Registration is open until August 25, 2016, at 23:59 UTC. Space is limited, so don't wait! To compete, you'll need a Pokémon Trainer Club account and your own copy of the Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire video game with a party of eligible Pokémon. To sign up, log on to your account from the PGL homepage and click "Online Competitions" on the main menu. You'll need to read and accept the regulations on the Pokémon Global Link before the battle period begins.

The competition goes from Friday, August 26, at 00:00 UTC, until Sunday, August 28, at 23:59 UTC. Trainers will be limited in the number of battles they can compete in per day. Consult the tournament regulations for details. Play hard and try to reach the top of the leaderboards, which will be posted after the competition ends.

Are you going to take part? Have you decided on your team yet? What sort of strategies do you predict for the Triple Battles?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I really want to take part in this, especially since I missed the Sinnoh classic. But I have no clue what to use. I feel like that's always the hard part D:

Years
  • I'm taking part in this right now.
    I kind of procrastinated in making a team for it.
    However, looking at my available Pokemon in the boxes in both my Y and Omega Ruby games, I didn't need to do much. I only needed to breed two Pokemon, Volcarona and Crobat.
    The rest I had battle ready but needed to change their movesets a bit.

My whole team is Probopass, Volcarona, Whimsicott, Reuniclus, Garchomp, and Crobat.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • I've never really grasped the triples meta, but someone posted a blog a while back on nugget bridge about an undefeated triples rain team he'd built. I thought about using it on the unova classic but didn't have time to breed for it.

Back