• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Untitled Pokémon Project

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2023
    -Introduction-
    Here's a game that I'm making in RPG Maker 2003. Why 2003, and not XP? Because I only have a library computer to work with, which means I can't install anything. I'm not worried, though. After all, Super Pokémon Eevee Edition made do with 2003's limitations, so why can't I? Currently, my project's state of development is more alpha than beta, although I have put together a demo/proof-of-concept. My plan is to create a plot that, while clearly inspired by the anime, goes above and beyond, as far as locations go. This means that when this is done, Ash will have visited not just the main regions, but places like Orre and Almia. Yes, that means this game will be massive, but I don't foresee myself giving up. After all, I've had all these project files eating up space in my thumb drive for over a year, and I still haven't deleted them.

-Screenshots-
    Untitled Pokémon Project
    My design for Pallet Town. I haven't implemented a tileset from any Pokémon game yet, but I will before making any major additions, like any area other than Pallet Town.

Untitled Pokémon Project
    Behold, our main protagonist! The sprite itself isn't mine (couldn't find out who made this Ash sprite), but I am making edited versions portraying Ash's outfits throughout the anime. Sinnoh Ash in particular just needs a minor edit before being done.

Untitled Pokémon Project
    I never said I would focus solely on anime characters. I've often wondered how Ash and Red would act in the same room together, and it's something I really want to explore in depth, despite the text implying a basic rivalry between the two.

Untitled Pokémon Project
    Lore!! Lore!! Glorious lore!! Especially when it gives your mother a touch more depth as a character!

Untitled Pokémon Project
    And, of course, you can't have Pokémon without badges! (Well, I mean, Sun and Moon pulled it off without them, but still.......) Although, I'm not sure whether or not I want to show unobtained badges like this, or another way.

-Credits-
    Spoiler:

Back