• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Untitled

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2020
    Hi,
    I am offering to take map requests. Mods, I couldn't find anywhere that this thread would fit exactly, so if this isn't the right place can you message me and tell me what is? Thanks.

Here are two I made this week -- there are some shading/tile errors, but these are just current samples of what I can do. I would fix that later.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

If you're interested, here are the rules:
    Anyone can request a map, with any level of progress. But, they're all public, so anyone can use them for their own game. If you want one just for yourself, you have to show significant progress on your game, e.g., fully playable up until the first 3 gyms. If you get a public map at first, and you finish your game much later, I'll make it private for you, upon request.
    You can provide a basic map as a blueprint that you'd like me to recreate in my style, or you can provide a description of what you'd like. If you want to be really specific, but don't have a base map, use the template:
    Spoiler:

No ugly tilesets/palettes.
    If you want horizontal stairs, please use Spherical's asm so they work correctly.
    No puzzles, nothing indoors, one map per person, generally. (These basically limit you to towns/routes/forests, but not always.)
    You can credit me if you want, but I really don't care. Everyone will know, anyway, public or private, since I'll post the finished product here. I'd rather have you shill my own free RPGXP game I made last year lol.

As for me, I'll usually upload a rough draft first, and I'll take any suggestions for improvements. If I don't take yours, obviously you're free to edit the map however you want after you download it.
    If I get too many requests, which I really doubt, I'll just choose the most fun/coolest ones.

Here are some much older ones, with some custom tilesets (WesleyFG and Kyledove iirc). They're of worse quality than I can do now, but still worth showing as examples. They are my takes on others' maps (I only remember Koolboyman specifically however).
    A mountain town:
    Spoiler:
    Castro Valley 1:
    Spoiler:
    Castro Valley 2:
    Spoiler:
    A forest (I used to have a forest I was really proud of, but the data is corrupted :^( ):
    Spoiler:
    A snow town:
    Spoiler:
    An island town:
    Spoiler:

I also do gen 2 and RPGMXP/Essentials. I started with gen 2, actually. Sadly I don't have any good examples, but hopefully my gen 3 ones will show I know what I'm doing (although gen 2 maps have a different style than gen 3).
    Here is a very rough draft of a route:
    Spoiler:

And for fun, here's maybe the first map I ever made :^) :
    Spoiler:

Back