• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Urgent] Moderators needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
Years
  • Well I Can't say I'll be goo- Wait.... Manipulation!?.....I am not worthy

Anyway. Even thought im not "Active". I stalk the forms quiet a bit Alot.
    I have done some rom hacks and (even though they werent good) I've messed around with crap so i know the real definiton of "Hacking". I also know the rules off by heart for this section so ya.....Also i S talked Destinedjagold alot when he was a mod asking him for advice...Does that count?

Reposting in this not so serious,serious thread.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • I dont see why everyone is reposting.
    But i guess its not a bad idea, Heres mine from the first page :)
    Hi - It's me :)
    Aww, well Manipulation is moving? Thats sad, i wish you a goodbye my friend, and why didnt you tell me over MSN? :@ xD
    Anyway, I guess I'll apply too.
    ---------------------------
    .My Reasons.
    First of all, I am one of the many ROM Hackers, who is working on my own hack, DUH! Secondly, I go on Pokecommunity every day, atleast 5 hours. Even when i have school, 5 hours (Yes I have no life). On days without school, pretty much the whole day. I am, If I say so my self,a reasonably skilled hack:-

Basic Scripting(Still learning to go to Advanced)
    Mapping(I am quite good i guess, I get 7s and 8s on the MRT)
    Graphical things (Still learning)
    Spriting (Every Kind, mostly tiles though)
    Titlescreen Hacking(I guess that comes under Graphics)
    Tile Inserting (I can insert any tile)
    Inserting basic things (OWs, Sprites)

In other words, once I learn advanced scripting, I will be able to make quite an impressive solo hack,sadly, for now, I cant :(

I respect other members and have tryed not to mini-mod (even though it is hard to resist) I follow the rules at all times and if I am made a mod I will make sure that the ROM Hacking section is to run smoothly. Since April 2009, when i joined, I have been unable to resist the urge to go on pc everytime I catch glimpse of a computer or laptop. When I am on holiday, abroad, I always either use my phone or someone else's computer to go on PC. I abide by the law o.o xD

I had my own forum some time ago, it wasnt vbulletin but it was pretty good, it sadly died out after about half a year though, we didnt have any funding or such, and we couldnt keep our members. I was also a mod on a small vbulletin forum called GameSentryx, no-one really posts on it any more so I assume that its in the midst of dying. I am therefore completely familiar with the vbulletin Mod CP.

I am also kind, sweet and perfect in everyway. Well, fine,more in depth? My grammar is optimal and I am helpful but kind. I am not one of those people who want the power only, I want to help people, I will not just make fun of any old n00b, Because I have a soft spot for them. I know how to moderate a forum, and know my way around the forum, I check the ROM hacking section everytime a new post comes up, although i do not always post. but rest assured, I will definetely post (not spam) if i am given this opportunity.

Anyway, I'd absolutely love to be moderator. So please, give me a chance, and you know where to find me, On PC ofcourse (yes I know, Im a kiss-up).

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Don't repost your aplications! People won't find them funny the second time around, ya know!
    >XD

I have a new skill! I can read with my eyes closed! That means I can read while asleep, which in turn means I can read posts on PC while asleep. I can be on PC 24/7! I have to be the chosen one!
    XD

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
    Years
  • I`ve also saw some nice applications here :D

Btw, I`m also re-posting my application :)

Oh, it`s Christos (the guy who gave me an infraction back in 2008 :P)

However, I would like to be an moderator if possible.

The reasons :
    • I`m on here nearly every day
    • I have some pc friends here and one/two of em have an own hack thread, so they might could help me too (I won`t make them mods :P)
    • I`m a guy who goes with the friendlier way first (if someone is spamming/flaming, then I`ll warn them. If they still continue I have to ban them :P)

Couldn`t find better reasons :(

My disadvantage : You have to inform me about (for example what I`m allowed to do if someone posts a link to rom, etc.).

If I don`t become a mod, then I`ll also accept it ;)

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Don't repost your aplications! People won't find them funny the second time around, ya know!
    >XD

I have a new skill! I can read with my eyes closed! That means I can read while asleep, which in turn means I can read posts on PC while asleep. I can be on PC 24/7! I have to be the chosen one!
    XD

But it's bad for your hat and makes your eyebrows go red-hot!

(Anyone who knows what I'm referencing gets a cookie.)

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    But it's bad for your hat and makes your eyebrows go red-hot!

(Anyone who knows what I'm referencing gets a cookie.)

Do I get a cookie then?

Also my application is serious. (The one I posted on Page 1 and reposted on this page.)

>XD

XD

This thread might be serious you know?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • April Fools don't last more than 24 hours, yo. Stick to one times zone.

...so therefore, I believe the chance of this being a Fool is lowered.

PICK ME, PICK ME, PICK ME.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • I think I'd be more than capable of moderating the ROMHacking section. I've been at PC for four years, and joined just for this section. As far as I can remember, I've never gotten an infraction, and, though I can be a bit harsh at times, I genuinely care and try to help anyone who asks for it. I have enough free time that I can be active and online everyday. I can't see myself falling out of Pokemon either, so that's not a concern :P.

I've had some modding experience in the past on other forums, most of which were Pokemon related. I was a mod on Pokemon Arena, a forum run by XD375 who has an account here as well by the same name. I don't frequent there any longer which is the reason I resigned. My other modding experiences were often short as many of the forums I've been a moderator for didn't get off the ground.

Now for the more personal stuff. I'm generally very easy to get along with, and try to choose my words carefully. I'm a pretty calm person, and you'd be hard-pressed to get me angry or irrational. If I need help, and I don't have the means to learn, I ask for it. No lone wolf here. I'm respectful while still being "real" or truthful, and speak my mind. I keep what's private private and what's public public, thus, many of my off-topic conversations go straight to PMs. I encourage people to confront me if they find that I'm being too close-minded or come off as confrontational unintentionally. Who knows? Maybe a different perspective on the situation was just what I needed? But, on the same token, I'm no pushover. I stand by my decisions, which are usually sound. If I find that I took a step in the wrong direction, I apologize and rectify the situation promptly. I have a strong sense of morality which I basically live by, and I've been told I have an uncanny, almost empathic intuition. That translates into my knowing how to talk to people in a mutually beneficial way with appropriate words and tone. The few real-life arguments I've had usually ended with my becoming closer to the other person, and with us walking away with no hard feelings.

As for things related to general forum-going, I'm a grammar nazi when I post. Nine times out of ten I'll check my replies multiple times before posting, just to make sure that I have everything correct while not being so "proper" that it's difficult to read. If I find something after posting, I always edit it. I'd probably, describe myself as a windbag. When I have something to say, or am passionate about what's going on, I find myself saying (or in the forum's case, writing) multiple paragraphs worth of, well, words (as you've most likely noticed by now). When I lurk the forums and find something amiss, I report it. Fortunately or unfortunately, I solely use the ROMHacking section, and very rarely venture out. I may peruse the Game Development section once in a blue moon, but I always find myself back here. In fact, I'm fairly certain I've only made six-or-so posts outside of this section. Ugh, now I have to check. That's another thing, I strive to be accurate, referencing several threads and sometimes even a user's own posting history before formulating a full response.

Well, I think that's enough for now. I might come back and edit this to put in some more detail. In conclusion, I understand the responsibility that being a moderator entails, and I think it's about time I start giving back to the community by doing something that I know I'll love and be passionate about.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    April Fools day is still today in my timezone, people. So, it's obviously NOT over.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I really hope you're not joking, Christos. If not then I'm reposting my application. If not, then lol.

I don't know, but maybe this is something like an April Fools joke. Its April 1 here in our place. Whatever.

I don't hope of being accepted. But, here's my reason anyways:

I tend to look at the ROM Hacking section a lot (even its subforums), even at times when it's inactive. I also try to report those who break the rules. I'm very sociable and try to answer any questions asked to me, even though they're completely random. I also am a hacker and know lots of stuff. I usually log on everyday, but if I don't then I have problems (personal problems). I can be very useful because I follow all orders that given had been given to me, and I respect everyone around. I also have good grammar (I hope :P) and I try to correct my wrong spellings. I don't argue about something, I tend to fix it right away. I don't abuse powers too, and I accept harsh crits.

Ehh, that's probably it.

FYI, I'm really trustable and I keep secrets even though how gross it is.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Aw, wtf. I don't care if I embarrass myself on a Pokémon forum.

Application:
    Well, I've been here for nearly three years now, and during most of those years I've spent on here was in the ROM Hacking forum. I feel that I could be a decent moderator here, although I don't know everything there is to ROM Hacking, I do know the rules of the forum. I'm also on almost all the time; longer on weekends. I don't expect to be accepted as a moderator, but if I am picked, then I'll be extremely happy. failed application

Again, if this is fake, I don't care. Did it for laughs anyway! :D

Last edited:

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    I should be a mod cause I know that this is a joke :D

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Actually, hang on.

The main section is Emulation, isn't it?

Remind me, who visits there again? This is here because almost everyone visits ROM Hacking while considerably less people actually look at Emulation. (At least, I don't. :x)

I should be a mod cause I know that this is a joke :D

Why is it still up, then? Isn't April Fool's day over?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back