• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Username Changes: January 2016 [Read post #139!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    please read this entire post carefully before replying or it is possible that your username change will be refused and you will not be offered a second chance for another six months. also this https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9072831&postcount=139

platinum tier supporters, please see this thread

The January 2016 Username Change Thread

Hello, and welcome to the new username change thread. Previously, we changed usernames on an "on demand" basis. Now, rather than having one thread that is open all the time, we will be making two username change threads a year, each of which is open for two weeks only. This is one of those threads. If there is a currently active username change request thread, you can use it to request a username change. It's as simple as that. At the end of the two weeks the thread will be closed and I will do the name changes. You may only change your username once during this period and after your username has been changed you must wait for the next thread to open. To summarise:

• username changes are made only two times a year.
    • two times a year, for two weeks, you will have an opportunity to change your name. This thread will close on 14/01/2016 and you must request your username change in this thread before that date.
    • if there is an open username change thread, you may request a name change.
    • you may not change your username outside of these opportunities.
    to clarify: it does not matter at all when your last username change was. If this thread is open, you can have another one.

We've done this to make everything as simple, easy and fair as possible for you all. However, there are some things that you need to consider:

Some rules regarding username changes apply. If your request does not adhere to these rules it will be denied and you will need to wait until the next username change period in six months' time to ask again. Furthermore there are some rules for the use of this thread.

• There is a format for requesting a username change. In your name change request post please include the following so that it is easy for us to reference who you were and who you are asking to be:
      [B]Current username:[/B]
      [B]Requested username:[/B]

[any relevant information to the username change]
      Please be thorough in giving us any extra information that you feel is relevant. Note that we do not need to know why you want to change your username.

• You may not change to a taken username unless...
      a) The taken username has not logged on in four or more years.
      b) The taken username has not made any posts.
      c) You have made 100 or more posts on the PokéCommunity.
      All three of the above conditions must be met to take an already-used username. If you would like to change to a taken username and these conditions are met, it is really really helpful to include a link to the taken username in your post. You can and should check if a username is already taken; see below to find out how. Do not post requests for usernames that are just on the edge of these requirements because they will be denied. If you think that an exception should be made, please PM me so that we can discuss it. The names of banned users cannot be taken, even if the above conditions are met.

• Please do not post in this thread unless you are asking for a username change. This thread is for username change requests only, even if you are a supporter or a staff member. Do not hold conversations, ask for advice, or offer corrections to bad requests in this thread. If you need help, please send me a Private Message instead of asking in this thread.

• Make sure that your username is appropriate. If it includes vulgar language or does not follow the forum rules in some way, it isn't allowed as a username. Do not request usernames intended to impersonate somebody else. Special characters are fine but be aware that they can be hard to log in with and may not display properly for all users (sometimes including me when changing your name!). Please also limit your username to 36 characters (including spaces) or fewer; any more can break parts of the forum's display.

• Please limit your use of alternative "reservation" accounts. By making a second account to "reserve" your old username, you are preventing a new or other user who wants it from having it. While I will not actively seek to remove such accounts, I encourage you not to register them, particularly if you are asking for a high-demand username. If you ask for a "swap" onto an alternative account of yours, it will not be honoured if the alternative account is not being actively used; instead, the alternative account will simply have a number added onto the end of its username. For active alternative accounts, the name change will be honoured as usual. It's also worth mentioning that, if you have alternative accounts reserving names that you don't want, I will delete these for you on request via PM if the accounts are completely inactive.

I cannot stress this enough - always search to check if the username you want is already taken. This is one of the main reasons for username change denials. There are two ways to see if a username is already taken and I recommend you use both of them before posting. Note that you cannot use the member list as previously, as it was deactivated recently.

• The Username Checker Tool. Click on that to go to the username checker too, which allows you to type in a username you are interested in taking. The tool will let you know if that username is available or not. If the username you would like is available (or is taken, but meets the above criteria), you may request it.

If the username you want is taken, but you wish to see if it meets the inactivity criteria to claim it, use a Direct Profile URL. To go to the profile of the username you're interested in, you should use the method below:

• Direct profile URLs. Copy and paste the following without the quotation marks:
      "https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?username="
      then add on to the end of it, after the = sign, the username you are interested in. For example my URL would be "https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?username=shenanigans", and loading that in your browser's address bar that will take you to my profile. Be aware that usernames with spaces in them might not load by this method unless the spaces are substituted by "%20". For example, "Hiroshi Sotomura" becomes "https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?username=Hiroshi%20Sotomura". Use this technique to double-check that the username you want is available or to verify that a taken name meets our inactivity criteria.

If you still need confirmation that your requested username is available, please PM me for help.

That's about everything. Please be patient after making your request as it will not be completed until after this thread has closed, and please remember that if you have a problem you can PM me about it and I'll get back to you as soon as you can. Otherwise, thanks for reading, and enjoy your name changes!

No username changes will be made until at least 14th January, 2016. This thread will be re-made on 1st July, 2016.
    If your name change was denied, please try again then.
    If you would like to dispute a name change denial, please contact me via PM after I have made all of the other username changes.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Current username: Wiicked
    Requested username: Wicked3DS

I've missed you old friend.

It's on an alt so do what you have to do with that with new alt rules and such.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
    Current username: Kingdom Of Tea
    Requested username: Strike the Blood

Been wanting a name change for awhile, not found anyone to have the name already. All lights are green?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Current username: Blue Yveltal
    Requested username: Undyne

NO one taken it, so it's my chance

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Current username: Orchid
    Requested username: Tetra

For some reason, I can't view the member list. But I've searched the whole forum with the search option for "Tetra" and can't find anything, so yeah.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Current username: Deracine
    Requested username: pikadots

I actually like this one better because it's cute. It sounds almost like 'polkadots', but instead, it's a take on a pokemon reference. ^___^

Last edited:

Drogan

Master of the Cannons
    Years
    Current username: GD GaminTank
    Requested username: Drogan

It's a name that I like in Final Fantasy and the account has been inactive since December 8, 2009

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back