• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Using Surf with Sharpedo/Kyogre

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
    If you use Surf with Sharpedo in ORAS to move across the water, you will be able to move twice as fast when moving across the water, although you won't be able use any Fishing Rods while riding on Sharpedo.

Using Surf on Kyogre also lets you move faster across the water, but not as fast as Sharpedo. You can still use Fishing Rods while riding on Kyogre.

Did you ever use Surf with Sharpedo and/or Kyogre in ORAS? I liked to use Surf with Sharpedo quite alot in ORAS since the water routes are pretty big in the Hoenn games, and it was convenient to be able to move faster across the routes.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    You'd also be able to surf on Lapras instead of the usual blob in XY too.

Was a nice little detail that would've been nice to see return, though won't since HMs are thankfully no longer a thing. Maybe in future remakes though.

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    I love surfing with Kyogre just because it leaves that massive trail behind, I find it pretty funny

ryu_gold

Gold Angel
    Years
    Good to know! I did not know about that! I'm playing OR on citra. Sorry I don't have a 3ds lol. I'm thinking in gotta catch a horsea

Last edited:
    Back