• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: [V .0.9.2] Pokémon Emerald Cross

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    Exactly what I was thinking of starting to work on. This is sick my dude!

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2023
    I aIways love Pokemon UI on FireRed/LeafGreen so this hack needs to be appreciated, although it is unfortunate that it won't be compatible with vanilla save file.

Since this hack is supposed to be faithful to the original, would you like to create Ruby/Sapphire hack with Ability with overworld effect from Emerald? Thanks in advance!

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
  • Sorry but I don't have any plans to do a RS version since I don't plan to give too much playtime to those games, aside from rushing them so I can get a Jirachi event and transfer everything to my Emerald game.
    The summary screen is almost done, it supports showing PSS icons for gen 3, so you don't have to remember if a move type was physical or special at all.

[V .0.9.2] Pokémon Emerald Cross

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    I see your response to my post on the FRLG+ thread, this hack looks perfect too! Will the regional dex be added to this hack? Also, this was implied but I want to be sure: will this be able to connect with vanilla games and vanilla-compatible romhacks? Hoping to play through a kanto hack, a hoenn hack and then the gamecube games with linking.

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
  • I see your response to my post on the FRLG+ thread, this hack looks perfect too! Will the regional dex be added to this hack? Also, this was implied but I want to be sure: will this be able to connect with vanilla games and vanilla-compatible romhacks? Hoping to play through a kanto hack, a hoenn hack and then the gamecube games with linking.

Can you elaborate on what you mean with regional dex?
    And yes, the idea is for the game to be fully compatible with FRLG+, vanilla games and Colosseum.
    Funny enough, I played FRLG+ because I wanted a vanilla experience in 2022 and then started making this one because I want to continue with an Emerald save x)

Years
  • Is it possible to add decapitalization patch? I'm the type of person who play them with decap, usually I would decap them myself but my laptop broke few days ago & I currently low money so I won't able to fix it for the next few months.

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
  • Is it possible to add decapitalization patch? I'm the type of person who play them with decap, usually I would decap them myself but my laptop broke few days ago & I currently low money so I won't able to fix it for the next few months.

No I don't plan to

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
  • Beta 1.2 was released
    Bug fixes:
    * You could heal in your house or other locations if POKéCENTER challenge is on.
    * Fixed money bug with the FR font when doing shopping.
    * Fixed custom movesets on random trainer with no random moves.
    * Starter moves are now more useful (this time for real!)
    * You can lose to Zigzagoon (this time for real!)
    * You are forced to nickname eggs when playing nuzlocke mode.

Improvements:
    * Mom tells you about AUTO-RUN after giving you the running shoes.
    * Not all the Rock Smash rocks disappear, allowing you to still have rock smash encounters.
    * You don't have to water berries on rainy routes
    * Berries no longer disappear after a long time
    * First nuzlocke encounters will display an indicator in the battle interface.
    * Pokémon will not restore PP when taking them away from the PC if POKéCENTER challenge is on
    * Randomizer/Challenge description changes based in the selected option, so descriptions are more clear now
    * Eggs have a description when they are broken because nuzlocke rules
    * Randomizer and challenges options got some arrows to indicate that there are more options above/below

New stuff:
    * Eggs only hatch on routes where you didn't use an encounter
    * Level cap mode! It contains NORMAL and HARD mode.
    * Added Lucky Egg to the safari zone.
    * Altering Cave will have random encounter tables daily (9 different)

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
  • Beta 2.0 got uploaded!
    Download + info: https://twitter.com/JaizuFangaming/status/1524362166475837441

[V .0.9.2] Pokémon Emerald Cross

Full changelog:
    New welcome screen when starting a new game!
    There you can see some small info about the game, like the Discord link.
    It will also warn you which options will disable link features such as trading.

Amazing Follower Pokémon system! Made by Merrp! It has plenty of custom messages and even some based in species/locations, check them out!

Improved audio engine! Idk why this wasn't implemented before, but hey, enjoy crisp and clear audio even in real hardware now.

Friendship battle bonuses! If your Pokémon love you enough they will be able to endure hits, heal status problems and even crit more often!

Repeated field medicine use: You don't have to go back to the bag to select the potions again

Added a new key item: the linking cord! Tired of trading with gba games? Playing in nuzlocke and you can't evolve your haunter? Fear no more! Use this lovely new item that you get into your adventure and be ready to go!

Visit the mirage island: Now, with every Wynaut that you have in your party, the mirage island with have more chances to appear. Having 6 Wynauts will make the Mirage Island appear 100% of the time.

Feebas will ALWAYS appear in the Feebas tiles.

Faster VBlank function, this should make speeding up the game faster.

Level 100 Pokémon can gain EVs.

Bug fixes: EVERYTHING that was reported got fixed! Thanks for testing my game :')

Redesigned Randomizer/Difficulty/Challenges menu!
    Now it has three categories with some new options!

Randomizer:
    WILD PKMN: OFF/RANDOM
    TRAINER: OFF/RANDOM
    STATIC POKÉMON: OFF/RANDOM
    POKÉMON TIERS: ON/OFF
    LEGENDARIES: OFF/ON
    TYPE: OFF/RANDOM
    MOVES: OFF/RANDOM
    ABILITIES: OFF/RANDOM
    EVOLUTIONS: OFF/RANDOM
    EVO METHODS: OFF/RANDOM
    EFFECTIVENESS: OFF/RANDOM
    ITEMS: OFF/RANDOM
    CHAOS MODE: OFF/CHAOS

DIFFICULTY:
    PARTY LIMIT: 6/5/4/3/2/1
    LEVEL CAP: OFF/NORMAL/HARD
    EXP MULTIPLIER: X1.0/X1.5/X2.0/X0.0
    PLAYER ITEMS: YES/NO
    TRAINER ITEMS: YES/NO
    PLAYERS EVS: YES/NO
    TRAINER IVS: OFF/SCALE/HARD
    TRAINER EVS: OFF/SCALE/HARD
    POKéCENTER: YES/NO

CHALLENGES:
    NUZLOCKE: OFF/NORMAL/HARD
    DUPLES CAUSE: ON/OFF
    SHINY CLAUSE: ON/OFF
    NICKNAMES: ON/OFF
    EVO LIMIT/: OFF/FIRST/ALL
    ONE TYPE ONLY: OFF/DESIRED TYPE/RANDOM
    STAT EQUALIZER: OFF/100/255/500
    MIRROR MODE: OFF/ON
    MIRRO THIED: OFF/ON

Redesigned option menu!
    This comes with new/fixed options and it's not organized with categories.

NEW GAME OPTIONS:
    NPC FRAME: GREEN/RED/BLUE
    FOLLOWER PKMN: ON/OFF

NEW SOUND OPTIONS:
    SURF BGM: OFF/HOENN/KANTO
    BIKE BGM: OFF/HOENN/KANTO
    WILD PKMN BGM: HOENN/KANTO
    TRAINER BGM: HOENN/KANTO
    GRASS SOUND: OFF/ON/PLAYER

BATTLE OPTIONS:
    HP BAR SPEED: NORMAL/FAST
    EXP BAR SPEED: NORMAL/FAST