• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Vale Institute of Magic [M] [OOC/SU]

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
Years
  • So....as of late there has been a sort of I guess hiatus in action among members of the RP so what is the official status currently? I can understand that people are busy with school and stuff, I myself am quite backed up as well, but this didn't really even get pushed off the ground so what's going to happen now?

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    It's still active. It's kind of just on pause. With Colony busy too frequently right now (he's not even able to get on PC as much as he'd like), and me more or less unable to run an entire RP myself, it'll continue as soon as Colony is able to find sufficient free time between his studies.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
    Years
  • Hello all, uni has finally let up for a while (finals week should be the last I disappear), so I hope that Birdy and I can get the next update out and continue from where we left off. If your character is at the fields, fantastic. If not, then please do so. In addition, I'd like to see who all's still here so that I can update the main post and look for new blood accordingly.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • If there's a spot available after the clean-up, I'd like to partake in this.

Songbird

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    If there's a spot available after the clean-up, I'd like to partake in this.

There was a spot available in the first place. We're just weeding out the weak with an unfortunate circumstance resulting in their death removal.

Go ahead and sign up.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
    Years
  • I know it's really late for that, and RL has been an immense pain to me. Is there a way for me to get back in using my original character?

I have all the info saved up from the last RP, all ready to go.

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years

• Name: Alexis Turner

Element: Earth/Metal

Spells:
    Stone Cloak | As the name suggests, Alexis is able to cover some parts of his body with thick stones allowing for either a solid defense or a powerful attack. However there are several downsides to this spell. First off, he must either be transporting a small reserve of rock shards to expand into large rocks or be in a rocky area if he doesn't want to use his own reserve. Secondly, this spell considerably reduces his movements since the cloak is pretty heavy, thus he tires easily.

Metal Shots | Alexis forms thin metal projectiles with whatever sources of metal he might have at his dispositions, whether it might be a small reserve of mercury or a sword he will shatter into the necessary shape. Being hitting with a little number of these projectiles doesn't cause much damage but when you're hit with many of them, you might begin to feel a little dizzy.

Earth Pulse | Putting his bare hands in direct contact with the ground, ceramic, mosaic and such don't count, Alex can check the vibrations of the ground, which allows him to roughly determine the number of people present in a specific place and their exact positions.

Appearance: Standing at an average 5'7" and weighing around 140 pounds, Alexis is the epitome of a normal teenage boy. He has a relatively lean physique since he dislikes being too muscular. He was "gifted" with absolutely normal brown eyes and wavy black hair with blonde highlights. Being an hygiene freak he always makes sure his hair is well made and his beard perfectly trimmed.

As for his attire, Alex has always been one for simplicity and discretion. So no vibrant colors or extremely graphic shirts. His wardrobe mainly consists of plain shirts of varying colors, which usually are white, grey, black and beige. He always make sure to carry pants with deep pockets so he can store small amounts of mercury and rock shards for a case of emergency.

Personality: Alexis is a rather calm individual. He mostly likes to keep to himself and will try avoiding others' problems as much as he can. Alex has never been one to be extremely fond of social interactions thus don't expect him to go out of his way to try and make friends. Knowing he might act awkwardly in hugely crowded gatherings, he tries to get out of them as quickly as he can and will probably be uneasy if dragged into one unless the people are super close to him. Talking about people being close to him, it's actually kinda hard to get Alex to open up and trust you due to issues from his childhood.

However, he is a pretty competitive person and will rarely accept defeat. He is able to go very far just for the sake of winning. Alexis also is very stubborn. Once he has set his mind on doing or getting something, nothing will stop him from achieving it.

History: The Turner family have had a long history with the Earth magic.

Other:

Last edited:

Songbird

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    @Cosmic Fury, you will have to make some changes to make it acceptable within the new iteration of the Vale universe, but Tiberius can (for the most part) return for his official first appearance, since the last Vale kind of died before you introduced him.

Namely, we're expecting a little more out of the appearance and personality sections than the previous Vale. The spells will also need reworking, since the limit has been bumped to five from three, and we won't exempt Eruption from the "No Last Ditch Efforts" guideline we recently implemented and repeatedly complain about to other applicants.

The history, however, can stay more or less intact, with just some wording changes, whatever Colony points out since I'm feeling lazy at the time of writing this post, and whatever I point out when you submit your new application. :3

Overall, though, while the story is similar across the board, there are quite a few changes to the mechanics we're using for Vale, so there are some necessary changes to be made that may end up making Tiberius a somewhat different character.

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Little question. What level of mastery can we have with our element?

I've also seen dual elements being wielded, would mines be okay?

Cosmic Fury

Years
  • @Cosmic Fury, you will have to make some changes to make it acceptable within the new iteration of the Vale universe, but Tiberius can (for the most part) return for his official first appearance, since the last Vale kind of died before you introduced him.

Namely, we're expecting a little more out of the appearance and personality sections than the previous Vale. The spells will also need reworking, since the limit has been bumped to five from three, and we won't exempt Eruption from the "No Last Ditch Efforts" guideline we recently implemented and repeatedly complain about to other applicants.

The history, however, can stay more or less intact, with just some wording changes, whatever Colony points out since I'm feeling lazy at the time of writing this post, and whatever I point out when you submit your new application. :3

Overall, though, while the story is similar across the board, there are quite a few changes to the mechanics we're using for Vale, so there are some necessary changes to be made that may end up making Tiberius a somewhat different character.

I can definitely see that. By the way, I'm seriously looking into making him a fire & spirit/light guy, seeing as I've already come up with tons of ideas in that department.

As for the spells, they can easily be reworked to have their own unique benefits and corresponding limitations, seeing as my character will likely hate last-ditch measures anyway.

Overall I'm going to try to keep the same character, but with rather fundamental differences in appearance and personality. For stuff about his history (with my end being kept sort of the same), I would very much love some feedback. I'm always on Skype when of work, so I'll easily be able to get in touch that way.

For the sign up itself, I personally expect it to take a while. This will pretty much be my only active RP for a while, most likely, until around December... So I will hopefully have ample time to post actively.

Colony

Years
  • @Cosmic Fury: Sorry, but spirit and light don't function that way. They, along with darkness, can not be paired with another element. In addition, the spirit slot has already been filled.

Songbird

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    @Nathan, mastery can vary, and is completely reliant on your character's upbringing (some are already very good at what they're currently capable of before arriving at Vale, while others are relative novices to using their magic in combat), but your choice of elements is unacceptable.

If you hover your mouse over the Element section in the signup template, you'll see something similar to this: You can use either a single base element (earth/water/air/fire), two base elements, or a base element and its "advanced" version. As such, you can't have both Earth (a base element) and Lightning (an advanced version of a different base element). In the case of Earth, you'd have to choose between Metal and Nature; you can't have both.

That said...

@RejectionTheHedgie, elements do not mix. Water and Air don't make Ice. (They didn't even make Ice in the original Vale, where elements did combine.) So, going off what I just stated above, you have to choose between Water+Air and Water+Ice. Since you aren't listing any air-based abilities in the first place, the latter seems like the obvious option. We also require more of a description on listed spells. This is on top of other things of note in your sheet, many of which will be listed in the spoiler below. I've bolded the important parts. Other concerns will be brought up by Colony.

Spoiler:

Cosmic Fury

Years
  • Looks like it's all done! ^_^

Name: Adrian Tiberius Drake

Nickname: Ty (If anyone other than his mother calls him this, it's a surefire way to provoke him.)

Element: Fire/Earth

Spells
    Spoiler:

Appearance
    Spoiler:

Personality
    Spoiler:

History
    Spoiler:

Code: Challenge me!!!

Other
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Colony

Years
  • @RejectiontheHedgie: So, after rereading your SU and evaluating the (admittedly negligible) changes, the problems that stand out are as follows.

Spoiler:

RejectiontheHedgie

The Rejected One
    Years
  • Alright. I'm redoing the whole thing, so everything will be different. I'll let you know when I'm done. :)

EDIT: Done

Last edited:
    Back