• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sapphire hack: Velvet Sapphire

OriginWizard

Map Maker
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 30, 2023
    Hello and Welcome to my little project!
    I was playing on my GBA one day and thought to myself "Instead of just adding pokemon to new areas, the game can be completely changed by changing which towns you go to first." so that is what I started to work on.
    This ROMHack makes every town accessible from the beginning of the game, do the gyms out of order, ignore the story and take on legendaries and strong trainers if the player so chooses or simply go catch some rare and exotic pokemon first and then going back to play through the story with a Shuckle and a Pikachu, I won't judge!

Multiple new locations have been added to the game which allow the player to traverse the world without needing HM moves. It's possible to go straight to Victory Road with your level 5 starter if you so desire.
    Legendaries have been added to the game, it is possible to catch every Gen 3 Pokemon. I am slowly adding in the rest of the Pokedex so you can catch any pokemon from Gens 1-3.
    Legendary Pokemon are stronger, I always thought it was weird that a super powerful Legendary pokemon could be level 40... So now all Legendaries have had their levels raised, with Rayquaza being the ultimate challenge at level 100.
    New stationary Pokemon have been added as well, this includes A powerful Lapras in one of the new Caves, and Legendary encounters such as a Jirachi hidden in a crystal cove.
    The story has not been changed but can be ignored if you so wish.
    Pokemon exclusive to Ruby have been added into the game.
    All previous generation starter Pokemon are available from the beginning of the game.
    A rudementary crafting system has been implimented, you will find NPC's who will help you craft items, from various Pokeballs to Event items such as the EON Ticket. More will be added as I develop this further.

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Download
    Currently the Patch is Version 1

I have tested the mod on VBA and Flashcart. I will test any new additions I make.
    This is mostly a curiosity but I'll keep adding to it until I get bored. Feel free to make any suggestions of what you would like to see in the comments.

Some things I can't do:
    Add Pokemon post Gen 3 (I don't know how)
    Add Special/Physical split (Again I don't know how)
    Add locations in from other games (I tried to add the sevii islands and broke the Rom)

Bugs/Glitches/Problems:

̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶r̶t̶c̶u̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶c̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶(̶M̶a̶u̶v̶i̶l̶l̶e̶ ̶-̶ ̶F̶o̶r̶t̶r̶e̶e̶)̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶i̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶f̶i̶x̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶.̶ [FIXED in Version 1.1]

Please let me know if you find any Bugs!

Last edited:

OriginWizard

Map Maker
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 30, 2023
    Due to the nature of the game relying on more items in order to craft items and unlock areas I have added 50 items around the world. I will continue to add more as I find more places to hide them in.
    Some examples are:

Sun stone: Route 112
    Moon stone: Route 115
    Leaf Stone: Route 117
    Thunder Stone: Route 118
    Fire Stone: Route 119
    Water Stone: Route 123
    Masterball: Route 134

And many money making items such as Big Pearls, Big Mushrooms, Nuggets, ETC which are hidden across the land.
    There are also plenty more smaller items such as Ultraballs, Pokemon held items, Rare Candy's and PP-ups.

Also with the next version of the patch I have added a new area for the Deoxys encounter (Sapphire didn't have Birth Island).
    Fixed issue with previous shortcut location not working.
    Groudon has been added to a side area in Victory Road.
    Raikou has been added to New Mauville.

Things to add:

Celebi in Petalburg woods.
    Suicune in Abandoned Ship.
    Entei in MT.Pyre
    Lugia underwater.
    Ho-oh on top of Mt.Pyre.
    Mew is undecided, may be a travelling Pokemon.
    Mewtwo in Meteor Falls.
    An area to catch trade evolution pokemon.

If you have any suggestions feel free to post them below.
    If you find any errors then please let me know! Also if any scripted events are broken because of this then let me know and I will add ways to get around them.

OriginWizard

Map Maker
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 30, 2023
    Due to the nature of the game relying on more items in order to craft items and unlock areas I have added 50 items around the world. I will continue to add more as I find more places to hide them in.
    Some examples are:

Sun stone: Route 112
    Moon stone: Route 115
    Leaf Stone: Route 117
    Thunder Stone: Route 118
    Fire Stone: Route 119
    Water Stone: Route 123
    Masterball: Route 134

And many money making items such as Big Pearls, Big Mushrooms, Nuggets, ETC which are hidden across the land.
    There are also plenty more smaller items such as Ultraballs, Pokemon held items, Rare Candy's and PP-ups.

Also with the next version of the patch I have added a new area for the Deoxys encounter (Sapphire didn't have Birth Island) You can now travel to space to face them.
    Fixed issue with previous shortcut location not working.
    Groudon has been added to a side area in Victory Road.
    Raikou has been added to New Mauville.

Things to add:

Celebi in Petalburg woods.
    Suicune in Abandoned Ship.
    Entei in MT.Pyre
    Lugia underwater.
    Ho-oh on top of Mt.Pyre.
    Mew is undecided, may be a travelling Pokemon.
    Mewtwo in Meteor Falls.
    An area to catch trade evolution pokemon.

If you have any suggestions feel free to post them below.
    If you find any errors then please let me know! Also if any scripted events are broken because of this then let me know and I will add ways to get around them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    hi. i can only download the patch but where do i find the complete version. i can not find it on this side.

OriginWizard

Map Maker
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 30, 2023
    hi. i can only download the patch but where do i find the complete version. i can not find it on this side.

The rules of the site are that games must be posted as a patch for an existing ROM, I cannot share the complete file I'm afraid. Patching is easy though so I can send you a tutorial.
    This may help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6P7N4po1hM

The version of Pokemon Sapphire it's patched is 1.1

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    hi.. thanks for the answer i did the tutorial but still can not play the ips file can not be opened. i tried with my gba what do i do now cant find a player

Back