• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Venusaur T_T

Pidgeot is Life

Poke Balla
    Years
    Anybody else think Venusaur is a Pokemon fail?

Any time i ever use Bulbasaur it's usually toting around a nice everstone. :)
    Venusaur is big, ugly, and boring to me.
    And it knows the same moves everytime i use it.

I wanna see what anyone else thinks that may cange my views about it.
    Feel free. :)

Pazuru

★ [ Fukidokuritsu ]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I use to not like Venusaur as much, but I've grown to like it thanks to PokeSpe. Not to mention that if I would have kept my Blue game, it would have been my first Kanto starter. c:

So I evolve my Bulbasaur, unless it's shiny. Shiny Venusaur doesn't look great, so Shiny Bulbasaur to me. <3

/thinks Bulbasaur and evos need more love in general, so yeah.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    you guys are just jealous, i think venusaur is pretty lovely. he probably thinks you're creepy and ugly

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    It's a giant toad with a prehistoric flower on its back. If that isn't awesome, I don't know what is! :D

It has rather high Sp.Atk and Sp.Def so it makes excellent use of Frenzy Plant, but that's about it. =/

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Venusaur Is Awesome.
    How can He not be I mean He's a Giant Dinosaur/Toad with a Flower on His Back.
    That to Me Screams Out "Hey Im Awesome".
    I Have a Lv:63 Venusaur on FR I am currently Training.
    So Yeah I dont think He's a Fail.

Pidgeot is Life

Poke Balla
    Years
    Venusaur Is Awesome.
    How can He not be I mean He's a Giant Dinosaur/Toad with a Flower on His Back.
    That to Me Screams Out "Hey Im Awesome".
    I Have a Lv:63 Venusaur on FR I am currently Training.
    So Yeah I dont think He's a Fail.

I giant flower/toad doesn't strike me as "awesome"
    If croagunk had a huge flower on its back would it be "awesome?

Sorry to disappoint, but STAB Sludge Bomb from Venusaur sorta says hi.

I love Meganium, but I don't think it's enough to outclass something like Venusaur.

I wasnt fully thinking out the move sets of the two.
    But i now take that back.

Last edited:
    Years
    I love him!

I mean, have you read PokeSpe? Red's Saur is awesome (Although, in a classic example of awesomeness, as a Bulbasaur, it took down a Machoke in Viridian Gym).

I tend to only use it competitively (Swords Dance, Special, so many awesome tactics!).

I love the whole family! In fact, I love all the Kanto starters.

However, Ivysaur/Wartortle/Charmeleon tend to lose out, as I keep mine unevolved for as long as possible, then quickly send them up 2 stages.

So....It's AWESOME!!!

Also, Croagunk is a lol, thanks to the anime. It's never gonna be "awesome", except as a lol, if that makes any sense.

And Venusaur's flower is awesome, as you have to take into account what it was as a Bulbasaur's bulb, to where it's come to now.

Iron Mankey

Gentleman Thug
    Years
    Anybody else think Venusaur is a Pokemon fail?

Any time i ever use Bulbasaur it's usually toting around a nice everstone. :)
    Venusaur is big, ugly, and boring to me.
    And it knows the same moves everytime i use it.

I wanna see what anyone else thinks that may cange my views about it.
    Feel free. :)

No denying that it ain't exactly Next Top Model material, but ya gotta love the big guy nonetheless. I remember mine being an absolute juggernaut in Blue. And what's not to love about a giant, Prehistoric, reptilian Chia pet?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Honestly, I don't like grass Pokemon in general, except for Shaymin. ^_^

Venusaur isn't bad as far as looks are concerned. But it's move-set is, shall I say, not my type. =/

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    The only third stage of a first gen starter I like is Charizard, and even then, given that it's a typical child's favourite of the time I might rather keep Charmeleon.
    Venusaur could be pretty cool, it just doesn't need to be chronically obese about it...

Years
    I like it! ^^ I think it could be very useful, with moves like sludge bomb, sleep powder and petal dance. Never used one though :/ Buf if I had one in my team, I'd be very proud of it =D

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i only evolve for the page in the pokedex,& the stat boost :4:

Kenpari

¯\(°_o)/¯ I DUNNO LOL
    Years
    Venusaur may be rather big and ugly, but I love it all the same. It was one of my favorite Pokemon for competitive battling with the Sleep Powder/Swords Dance set up.

Of course there was no Seed Bomb in R/B/Y... His sprite is awesome in the 1st gen though.

Last edited:
    Back