• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
    Am I the only one on PC who likes the typing so far? =P

noo, I quite like the idea of an Electric/Dragon... Mainly because Electric is my favourite type, and the Dragon aspect will also give it the power i've always wanted out of an Electric type :3 (although Electivire is pretty strong)

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    My only problem with them will be if they do indeed wind up being something like Dragon/Flying and Dragon/Electric. If that rumor is indeed very true about Zekrom, I'm not gonna be happy. The Electric typing doesn't fit the Pokemon at all. And don't say that the same can be said of Palkia or Flygon again because they indeed have some justifiable reasons for their types. Flygon was a DRAGONfly: an insect that, while having the ability to hover, could not fly like you'd expect from a Dragon. Therefore, the Ground/Dragon typing works. As for Palkia, it is covered with pink pearls. Pearls come from oysters which come from the sea. It's justifiable. Palkia also has the fins and fluidity that is associated with water. It works. The Shinx line also is fitting of its type. It has yellow on each of them somewhere, plus they retain that spikiness feature that is typically associated with the Electric type (like the Shuriken tails). For Zekrom, there is no rigidity save for the point on its tail. It's all fluid and flowy. The black monochrome color scheme isn't indicative at all of Electric, either. Usually it's distinctive features or colors or the type of creature that associates the Pokemon and type together, but none of those are the case here. About the only thing about Zekrom that could make the Electric thing work is its jet turbine tail, but even that could be twisted. It could also indicate Flying and Fire, too. Pretty much anything that can generate energy can be associated with that feature, so that basis is kinda meh. Then again, this is all still a rumor, but I just really wanted to voice my opinion on the matter.

ThePinkDragon

Rawrtastic!
    Years
    My only problem with them will be if they do indeed wind up being something like Dragon/Flying and Dragon/Electric. If that rumor is indeed very true about Zekrom, I'm not gonna be happy. The Electric typing doesn't fit the Pokemon at all. And don't say that the same can be said of Palkia or Flygon again because they indeed have some justifiable reasons for their types. Flygon was a DRAGONfly: an insect that, while having the ability to hover, could not fly like you'd expect from a Dragon. Therefore, the Ground/Dragon typing works. As for Palkia, it is covered with pink pearls. Pearls come from oysters which come from the sea. It's justifiable. Palkia also has the fins and fluidity that is associated with water. It works. The Shinx line also is fitting of its type. It has yellow on each of them somewhere, plus they retain that spikiness feature that is typically associated with the Electric type (like the Shuriken tails). For Zekrom, there is no rigidity save for the point on its tail. It's all fluid and flowy. The black monochrome color scheme isn't indicative at all of Electric, either. Usually it's distinctive features or colors or the type of creature that associates the Pokemon and type together, but none of those are the case here. About the only thing about Zekrom that could make the Electric thing work is its jet turbine tail, but even that could be twisted. It could also indicate Flying and Fire, too. Pretty much anything that can generate energy can be associated with that feature, so that basis is kinda meh. Then again, this is all still a rumor, but I just really wanted to voice my opinion on the matter.

I have an issue with the bolded text.

What about Mareep and Flaaffy? What about Voltorb and Electrode?

I don't find any of those to be spiky and they are pure Electric. So I think it's totally feasible for Zekrom to be a Dragon/Electric. But like you said, it's only a rumor.

Riku

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    I said typically. Also, I said that it is also often associated with what the Pokemon is based upon. The Mareep line, with the exception of Ampharos, is based upon sheep. Sheep -> Wool -> Fleece -> Notoriety for static shocks. Voltorb has been heavily hinted at to be the result of something happening to a Pokeball, an electronic device. I never said that the criteria fits every Pokemon of the types, but they all at least have something in common with their typing, as I said. Whether it be coloring, features, or whatever they're based upon. The only ones I can think of that really can't be justified are the Normal Types, but since most normal types have neutral color schemes, and neutral is often synonymous with normal or blankness, it fits them. To a degree. I'm not dissing an Electric/Dragon, but Zekrom shouldn't be the one in my opinion to be that Pokemon.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I never said that the criteria fits every Pokemon of the types, but they all at least have something in common with their typing, as I said. Whether it be coloring, features, or whatever they're based upon. The only ones I can think of that really can't be justified are the Normal Types, but since most normal types have neutral color schemes, and neutral is often synonymous with normal or blankness, it fits them.
    There are exceptions to every type casting. For instance, with the "Normal-types have a neutral colour scheme", Jigglypuff is a Normal-type, but its color scheme is bright pink. Same with Porygon, who's a good shade of red and blue. There will always be exceptions to the rules of Pokemon designs. Why can't Zekrom be another Pokemon who is a type that no one expects it to be?

Besides, as others have said, Zekrom has a tail that looks like a jet engine. Which could mark it as an Electric-type, as you said. Right now, it's not confirmed, so we could be giving our opinions on something that's not going to happen.

That said...

Am I the only one on PC who likes the typing so far? =P
    It doesn't bother me, though I guess that's because Electric is one of my favorite types.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    People really shouldn't say Dragon/Electric doesn't suit the Pokemon. From an aesthetic point of view, that may be true. But the thing about this is that we have absolutely no idea what the back story to these legendaries is. As someone else mentioned, the idea of this Pokemon being a man-made legendary would make sense with its typing and it's whole mechanical, dark look. I'm sure the typing will make a lot more sense once we gain knowledge of what the back-story is on these two creatures.

I would have preferred Dragon/Dark, but I'm pleased that it may be Dragon/Electric. Definitely an interesting typing.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2018
    They look cool bet the black ones Dragon/Dark and the white one will be Dragon/some new type probably light

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Boo =( No Dragon/Electric! Zekrom looks too damn cool and black to be Electric! Why the hell do they have to have the Dragon-subtype anyways? I'd be perfectly happy with an Electric/Dark zekrom, but nooooo GameFreak has to go and make more Dragon-legendaries!

Riku

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    You know... JP, you actually just made me think on how it could indeed work. Considering how much more technologically advanced the Isshu Region seems to be, and considering that the names are, as many have pointed out, ROM/RAM, I guess Electric could work. I just wish that aesthetically it looked more the part. But, as you guys said, it's all speculation still.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    To be honest, it seems to make sense that Zekrom might be a part Electric-Type. To me that explains the jet engine / generatior tail as I just couldn't understand what Nintendo was up to with those retro tail designs. As well, Zekrom definitely seems like a dark type primarily because of its colour and intimidating look, but taking a closer look shows that its patched with armour plates all over and seems very bionic and robotic.

Anyways, if the tail is what decides the type, then Reshiram might also end up being part Fire-Type since it's tail represents a torch.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    I wanted Zekrom to be part-dark, which is why I'm not fond of it being dragon/Electric. But if it is dragon/Electric, then I guess the only logical conclusion is for Reshiram to be dragon/Grass, because:

1. The way... whoever that was, put it made it obvious Reshiram isn't going to be Electric.
    2. Grass is the opposite of Electric when you think of it as Electric = technology and Grass = naturalism.
    3. It just fits.

Only problem is the RAM is most likely not going to be Electric.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Zekrom's Second Type Revealed!?

According to Serebii the host of Pokemon Sunday said she loves electric types and with that would love to voice Zekrom. This post was then removed from her blog minutes afterward.

It would be cool for Zekrom to be Electric Dragon! It would also fit because His name means Black Read Only Memory.

Do you guys want a Dragon Electric type?

Back