• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Game Music!

Years
  • I have no clue wether I should put this in Mixed voting polls or Other games...

Anyways, what's your favorite music from your favorite Video game?

Me,

Fire Emblem 7: The Blazing Sword:
    -Together We Ride (The song from SSBM)
    -Everything into Dark (Nergal Battle Theme)
    -Blessings of the 8 Generals I (Legendary Weapon Theme)
    -Blessings of the 8 Generals II (Dragons Pre-Battle)
    -Softly with Grace (Black Fang Boss Battle)
    -Distant Utopia (Arcadia Theme)
    -Shattered Soul (Ninian and Eliwood's theme)
    -Unshakable Fate (Final 2 Chapter theme)
    -Rise to the Challenge (Boss Battle)
    -Victory now! (Boss Battle)
    -Strike! (Battle)

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2004
    It is not my favorite but a close call. Theme song of Kingdom Hearts, what I like it :P.
    -Tyler :chu:

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • I'm surprise chas didn't post in this

I love the music from GOlden sun, Motoi Sakuraba really did some beautiful work there...But Final Fantasy 8 pimps out everything... NOBUO UEMATSU IS THE MAN!! HIM AND HIRAKAZU ANDO!!

BOO ya!

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
  • Dakota said:
    I'm surprise chas didn't post in this

I love the music from GOlden sun, Motoi Sakuraba really did some beautiful work there...But Final Fantasy 8 pimps out everything... NOBUO UEMATSU IS THE MAN!! HIM AND HIRAKAZU ANDO!!

BOO ya!
    Oh yes, Hirokazu Ando made some very nice game music. Especially the SSBM series, awesome stuff! I really do wish he would have it packed as a soundtrack though, its probably the best collection of nintendo music that has graced a videogame, period. *Is happy to have the entire soundtrack of it* XD

Nobuo Uematsu has also made tons of memorable Final Fantasy music! Like Forever Rachel, Celes' Theme, Forcing your way, Liberi Fatali, and many more. Though I don't know if I truely have a favorite set of videogame music anymore. Hence that is why I have so much of it to begin with, lol. But right now I seem to be listening to alot of F-zeroGX music and other techno game music.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • ^_^; Until recently, I didn't even pay attention to video game music. I just dished out $30 for the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack, though, so you can sort of see my preferences. :D It's like, 73 tracks or something of amazing music. I'm getting obsessed with Hikari (both versions). XD It's so much better than Simple and Clean.

I also love the music in Final Fantasy X and the opening to FFX-2. =X I want the FFX soundtrack, but it's 4 CDs, so it's $60 at the anime store I go to. And I can't afford that. X3

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    The X-2 opening is ?Kuon- Hikari to nami no kioku? not sure what the English name is for it. I?m, *ahem* aware of a place where you can download then entire X-2 soundtrack?lalala?

And disc two maybe?

>.>;

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
  • Lightning said:
    ^_^; Until recently, I didn't even pay attention to video game music. I just dished out $30 for the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack, though, so you can sort of see my preferences. :D It's like, 73 tracks or something of amazing music. I'm getting obsessed with Hikari (both versions). XD It's so much better than Simple and Clean.

I also love the music in Final Fantasy X and the opening to FFX-2. =X I want the FFX soundtrack, but it's 4 CDs, so it's $60 at the anime store I go to. And I can't afford that. X3
    >_0 ..Oh my, 60 dollars for the FFX ost? They're robbing you blind! I got my FFX soundtrack online at gamemusic.com for 45 dollars(at the time), its a good price considering the amount of music you get =).
    Its a funny fact though, its one of the few times where I paid more to get the soundtrack than the game itself XD.
    (just a note: I think they sold out of their FFX ost, so you might have to wait a bit if you want to get it through them.)

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
  • oni flygon said:
    I have no clue wether I should put this in Mixed voting polls or Other games...

Anyways, what's your favorite music from your favorite Video game?

Me,

Fire Emblem 7: The Blazing Sword:
    -Together We Ride (The song from SSBM)
    -Everything into Dark (Nergal Battle Theme)
    -Blessings of the 8 Generals I (Legendary Weapon Theme)
    -Blessings of the 8 Generals II (Dragons Pre-Battle)
    -Softly with Grace (Black Fang Boss Battle)
    -Distant Utopia (Arcadia Theme)
    -Shattered Soul (Ninian and Eliwood's theme)
    -Unshakable Fate (Final 2 Chapter theme)
    -Rise to the Challenge (Boss Battle)
    -Victory now! (Boss Battle)
    -Strike! (Battle)
    All those songs are on my list too hehe..
    Except I like the Dragon's Gate II also...

All the Mario rpgs had awesome music! I can pretty much sing them off the top of my head because I know them so well.....especially Paper mario.
    Golden Sun had really great music too, along with Banjo-Kazooie & Banjo-Tooie.
    Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles has some good music too....and the Wind Waker no doubt!
    I could go on for a while....

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • FFX2's beginning is "Morning Glow" in english, sung by Mayuko Aoki, the voice actor for Yuna. It's based on the Morning Glow Vocal Collection. It's one of my favorite song ^-^;

Yes the Hikari remixed version... I still have to look for that even though Kairi kinda told me to look for it asap but always too lazy and forgot about it o.o;

<= has too much old game music that he absolutely loves, yet don't want to bother making a whole big list of songs that no one had heard of

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    Well, this isnt my favorite song. But I always thought one of the songs in the gallery on SC2 sounds like the music they play at seaworld(a huge ocean amusment park,for those who havent heard of it.) o_0

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've got the Simple and Clean remix too, if you need it. ^_^; PM me or something. =X (I love that song, although I prefer the Japanese version now that I've heard it. XD)

And as for the FFX OST, Kairyu, I was talking about $60 CAD. ^_^; The price from GameMusic.com, when converted, works out to around $65, so it's more expensive in the long run. X3;; Besides, there would be shipping costs and everything :x

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Fav game music?

Final Fantasy X-2 hands down because of: 1000 Words and Real Emotion. I don't care if it's pop music and has nothing to do with the game itself, but those two songs are so good, it's not even funny. I mean, I got the original soundtrack just to get the two songs (and variations thereof, being the piano version of 1000 Words is a masterpiece).

btw, Kumi Koda (or Koda Kumi, the singer of the original 1000 words and Real Emotion) pwns Jade (the singer of their crappy english versions) any day. *shakes fist at Square Enix for ruining the 2 amazing songs* At least they didn't ruin my "Come Back" and "It's too Late" (cuz they aren't in the games themselves to begin with lol).

Back