• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Event Video Games Trivia

Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    EX PLUS ALPHA 3
    COLLECTOR'S EDITION

What is Video Games Trivia?

That's right, Leon! Los Illuminados have decided to take it easy for a few weeks, answering as many video game trivia questions correctly as they can. Think of it as a break from Ashley's constant whining.

Each day I will be posting a series of video game questions, ranging across all sorts of topics and challenges and alternating between trivia rounds and music rounds. These will run up to the 26th August, to give me time to close off the event on the last day of the Get-Together. The points will be as follows:

VG Trivia 1st Place - 150 Points
    VG Trivia 2nd Place - 100 Points
    VGM Trivia 1st Place - 150 Points
    VGM Trivia 2nd Place - 100 Points

Let's get down to business

Throughout the event, to try and create clear leads etc. for teams, there will be an internal scoreboard. Each question correctly answered will net you 5 points, with a full set giving you a bonus 5 points. In the event of a tiebreaker, the faster team will receive a further bonus 5 points. Some rounds may feature some bonus points, just to try and stop the event of a tie even further. I will specify when this is the case.

Each day will start at around 19:00 EST, depending on my schedule. Anything submitted after 19:00 will not be counted, it is on you to manage your timezones, not me. This also goes the same for taking note of any answers you do have - to put it bluntly I will have enough to manage throughout the Get-Together without also having to try and manage each team sending their answers to me; recording them, etc.

This event will be hosted mainly on the Discord server, so it would be advised if you could join there and join in the chat with your teammates, submitting a set of answers as a team to me via Discord (Username: arcaneum). However if you are adverse to this, you are more than welcome to contact myself here via DM, and I will use your answers to pad out any gaps that the Discord people do not get.

TEAMS WILL ONLY GET ONE CHANCE TO ANSWER!

Let's do the twist!

Yep we're featuring something new and exciting yet again this year! Well, new and exciting to this event anyway.

I am going to feature two rounds of something very similar to GuessTheGame. For those unaware each day a game is chosen, with 6 images as clues, and you have to guess the game of the day. However there is one catch - you cannot see all 6 images at once. You will guess based on the first image and if you do not get it correct, you then move onto the next image (which is supposed to be a little more informative) and so on until you (hopefully!) get it correct. Just thought I'd add a little bit extra to try and break the event up a little!

Do not panic however, I still am going to be hosting the Defeat the Quizmaster round, so get those thinking caps on and see if you can beat me this year!

Achievements

Achievements are back in this year, see the full list below:

Top 1[00]% of Rattata - Score 100% in at least 5 rounds - 10 Points
    Final Fantasy 8 - Have an average score of 80% throughout the whole event - 20 Points
    Astral Chain - Get 100% on a trivia and music round back-to-back - 10 Points
    Smokin' Sick Style! - Score over 90% for at least 5 rounds in a row - 10 Points
    P for Perfect - Obtain 100% correct answers throughout the whole event - 50 Points
    Toby Fox - Score 100% in all music rounds - 20 Points
    Shigeru Miyamoto - Score 100% in all trivia rounds - 20 Points

Finally...

A few closing notes - in the spirit of the competition, please try not to look up the answers! Use existing knowledge to answer these questions - there's a wide range of games, eras and genres mentioned so that there's something for everyone. That said, you are more than welcome to look up something if you for example know what it is but just cannot think of the name. This does NOT mean however you can go and listen to every single Final Fantasy track, because it sounds like it 'might' be in a Final Fantasy game. If you have any questions at all regarding how the event is run, don't hesitate to post here, on Discord, or message me.

I will be once more trying to avoid duplication of games and series, or at least doing so a minimal amount.. This doesn't mean I won't be completely avoiding the same SERIES and such, but for example I will try to avoid using 3 FF9 questions when I could ask a question about FF1, FF4 and FF11 for example. Please see below a list of genres and some series for people to expect, as I will bias towards some areas naturally, as I mostly make this from the knowledge that I have. These are:

GENRES
    Spoiler:

SERIES
    Spoiler:

The event itself is of course competitive, but the setup is made so co-operating will net you better results, so make sure to liaise with your team regularly, to have a better chance of winning!

And most importantly...kick back, relax, get your game on and have fun!

LEADERBOARD

Team Gears - 77.5 Points
    Team Apricorns - 65.5 Points
    [/CENTER]

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    EX PLUS ALPHA 3
    COLLECTOR'S EDITION

Round 1 - Generally Generic

We'll start things off nice and easy - we're just going to have some general questions, covering different areas of the gaming universe. Simply converse with your teams, come up with those answers and get them to me by 19:00 EST Saturday 12th August!

Questions

1. What colour is the Mario character known as Birdo?
    2. In Devil Dice, what colour is the dice face for the number 3?
    3. In Rayman 1, Rayman gains the ability to fly, using his what as a propeller?
    4. What animal is the protagonist of the game Blinx: The Timesweeper?
    5. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion takes place in what region of Tamriel?
    6. In Backpack Hero, which Gem gives all weapons in the same column as it +2 damage?
    7. Name three Victory types in the game Civilization VI.
    8. Name the missing character: Dante, Nero, ????.
    9. In Anna Kournikova's Smash Court Tennis, can you play as Yoshimitsu?
    10. The Portal Gun can shoot blue and white portals. True, or False?

Answers

1. Pink
    2. Blue/Purple are both acceptable, it is a fairly ambiguous
    3. His hair!
    4. A cat
    5. Cyrodiil
    6. Emerald
    7. Any 3 of: Religion, Science, Culture, Domination, Diplomacy and Score
    8. Vergil
    9. Yes
    10. False. The portals are blue and orange.

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    EX PLUS ALPHA 3
    COLLECTOR'S EDITION

VGM Round 1 - Randomusic

Same as the trivia round yesterday - 10 random tracks with no theme. Just name me the game it's from! Answers to be in by 19:00 EST Sunday 14th August please!

Questions

Answers

1. Street Fighter 2 (Ryu's Theme)
    2. Advance Wars (Nell's Theme)
    3. Tales of Phantasia (Burning Tower)
    4. Terraria (Underground Theme)
    5. Minecraft (C418 - Haggstrom)
    6. Splatoon 2 (Lobby Theme)
    7. Parappa the Rappa (Katty Kat and Sunny Funny Theme)
    8. Assassin's Creed 2 (Ezio's Family)
    9. FF XIII (Lake Bresha)
    10. Tekken 3 (Ling Xiayou's Theme)

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    EX PLUS ALPHA 3
    COLLECTOR'S EDITION

Trivia Round 2 - It's dangerous to go alone, go with them!

Before you set off on your epic journey, it's always good to know that you have a teammate or two that can back you up, if things get rough. Today's round is all about companions, party members, sidekicks, and anyone else that comes under that criteria! Simply identify them based on these close-ups and WHO they are the sidekick of!

Answers to be in by 19:00 EST Monday 14th August please!

Questions

Answers

1. Miles "Tails" Prower - Sonic the Hedgehog
    2. Daxter - Jak
    3. Clank - Ratchet
    4. Yoshi - Mario
    5. Falco Lombardi - Fox McCloud
    6. Navi - Link
    7. Dogmeat - Sole Survivor (Fallout 4)
    8. Sheva Alomar - Chris Redfield
    9. Hal "Otacon" Emmerich - Solid Snake
    10. Kazooie - Banjo

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    EX PLUS ALPHA 3
    COLLECTOR'S EDITION

VGM Round 2 - Something wicked this way comes...

With yesterday's round being all about the sidekicks, it's time to bring in the nasty people they're going to help the main character beat! Name the villain and the game the song is from please! Please note this could be battle themes, character themes, final boss themes, they aren't all going to be the same thing.

Answers to be in by 19:00 EST Tuesday 14th August please!

Questions

Answers

Dark Ash – King of Fighters XIII
    Malzeno – Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak
    Nyx - Persona 3
    Zero Two - Kirby 64
    Ganon - A Link to the Past
    Malos - Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    Kaptain K Rool - Donkey Kong Country 2
    Warped Dr. Neo Cortex - Crash Bandicoot 3 (Warped)
    Kefka - Final Fantasy VI
    Dr. Wily - MegaMan 2

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    EX PLUS ALPHA 3
    COLLECTOR'S EDITION

Trivia Round 3 - Someplace we call Home

It's all about the locale in this round! Tell me the name of the place and what game it is from, please!

Answers to be in by 19:00 EST Wednesday 15th August please!

Questions

Answers

Dust - Counter Strike Source/Global Offensive
    Hanamura - Overwatch
    Summoner's Rift - League of Legends
    Chaos Sanctuary - Diablo 2
    Novigrad - The Witcher 3
    Gold City - Secret of Mana
    Persephone's Garden - Hades
    Fisherman's Horizon - Final Fantasy VIII
    Oasis - Golf With Your Friends
    Cap Kingdom - Super Mario Odyssey

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    EX PLUS ALPHA 3
    COLLECTOR'S EDITION

VGM Round 3 - X Marks the Spot

It's the second locations round today, apart from this time you only get the music to decide where you'll be headed! Let me know what game this is from and the location in which the music plays. Some places may be more like a 'level', so I'll just need the name of that level.

As this round has been delayed, I will allow this to be extended, so that instead of handing it in tomorrow as usual, you can hand this in along with tomorrow's trivia. This will be at 19:00 EST on Friday 19th August.

Questions

Answers

Glitch City - VA-11 HALL-A
    Metal Island - Bug Fables
    The Ruined Atoll - Tunic
    Spring Yard Zone - Sonic the Hedgehog
    Garreg Mach Monastery - Fire Emblem: Three Houses
    Braeside Castle - Temtem
    Seabed - Phantasy Star Online: Episode 2
    Mad Forest - Vampire Survivors
    Exire - Tales of Symphonia
    Future Dream - Mario Party 5

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    EX PLUS ALPHA 3
    COLLECTOR'S EDITION

Trivia Round 4 - Who's that Pokémon Game?

Going to try one of our new rounds for this year's Trivia - Guess the Game! Both teams will start off with the same screenshot of a game (posted in this thread) and then you have a chance to guess what game it is. If correct, hurrah you've got it, but if you don't then you move onto another image and a hint, which should hopefully give you a bit more info. This will resume until you either guess the game, or have tried 6 times. After the 6th guess, you forfeit the round.

To make this easier for me, I will ask that this round is done just on Discord, as pings etc. are much easier to deal with there than on here.

This round, along with yesterday's round, will end at 19:00 EST on Friday 18th August.

Starting Screenshot

Answer - Astral Chain!

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    EX PLUS ALPHA 3
    COLLECTOR'S EDITION

VGM Round 4 - Week-Ender

This will be the last VG Trivia round for this week, so that you have the remainder of the time to get those trivia rounds of your own sorted! As a result, today's round is just a generic selection of tracks, I will give you the info required for each one below!

Submissions in by 19:00 Saturday 19th August please!

Questions

1. Game name

2. Game & Song name

3. Game & EXACT Stage name

4. Game & Location name

5. Game & Stage name

6. Game & Stage name

7. Game & Location name

8. Game & Song name

9. Game & Song name

10. Game & Song name

Answers

SoulBlade
    Silent Hill 3 - You're Not Here
    Sonic 3 (or & Knuckles) - Marble Garden Zone Act 2
    Resident Evil 4 - Save Room/Merchant
    Megaman Battle Network - Waterworks Comp/Iceman Stage
    Lost Kingdoms - Bernden Field
    Alundra - Lizardman's Lair
    Vib Ribbon - Vib Ribbon Blues
    Yakuza 0 - Friday Night
    To the Moon - Spiral of Secrets

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    EX PLUS ALPHA 3
    COLLECTOR'S EDITION

Trivia Round 5 - Fit and Healthy

As you've had a round to recuperate, today is all about you being HEALTHY. Below are some health bars, meters, etc. from various games. Tell me which games they are from!

Answers to be in by 19:00 EST Monday 21st August please!

Questions

Answers

1. Dead Space
    2. Yoshi's Island
    3. Resident Evil 3 Remake
    4. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    5. Diablo 4
    6. Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
    7. Final Fantasy VI
    8. Granstream Saga
    9. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
    10. Goobies (please play this game it is very fun)

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    EX PLUS ALPHA 3
    COLLECTOR'S EDITION

VGM Round 5 - Arcaneum Extravaganza

It's that fabled round once again! Songs derived from games that I sure love playing or recall the music of fondly - some you'll know, some I can guarantee you don't know! I only need the game name, but each one will also have a bonus bit of info, which if you can provide, will get you bonus points! You'll get a but more with these ones, as some of them are going to be very hard.

Submissions in by 20:00 Wednesday 23rd August please!

Questions

Answers

1. Street Fighter 3: Third Strike - Jazzy NYC (This is Ken's/Alex's stage theme)
    2. Rival Schools - Gorin Seaside Training Centre
    3. Chrono Trigger - Wings of the Epoch (This plays whenever using the Epoch to travel)
    4. YuGiOh! Forbidden Memories (This is played during the finals of the modern day duelling tournament)
    5. Sonic 3D - Diamond Dust Zone
    6. Starcraft - Terran Theme 3
    7. Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu (This is played when recruiting a character)
    8. Final Fantasy Tactics - Ovelia's Theme
    9. Sky Tower - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX
    10. Tekken 3 - King's Theme (This is specifically the ARCADE version)

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    EX PLUS ALPHA 3
    COLLECTOR'S EDITION

FINAL ROUNNNNND! FIGHT!

Apologies for the messing around over the last few days - however I'm not going to take away your glory of trying to defeat the final boss and score your own ending! I've put together two final rounds today, which you'll have until the end of the Get-Together to finish. These rounds are both to do with the endpoint of a game. Round 1 features battle themes of final bosses in games - name me teh game and the boss it plays for. Round features credit/ending etc. themes of games - simply name me the game!

Round 1

1. Mithos - Tales of Symphonia

2. Yu Yevon - Final Fantasy X

3. Radagon of the Golden Order - Elden Ring

4. Cackletta - Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

5. Sephiroth (Safer Sephiroth) - Final Fantasy VII

6. Royce - Transistor

7. Spiderdemon - DOOM

8. Yami - Ōkami

9. AI Sado/Turo - Pokémon Scarlet & Violet

10. Badeline - Celeste

Round 2

1. Earthbound

2. Spyro the Dragon

3. Portal 2

4. Plants vs. Zombies

5. Borderlands 1 (this song in full is a banger please listen)

6. Pokémon Gold, Silver & Crystal

7. Super Mario World

8. Tales of the Abyss

9. FFXII: The Zodiac Age

10. Ikaruga

Answers

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    EX PLUS ALPHA 3
    COLLECTOR'S EDITION

The moment we've all been waiting for...

For me to stop hosting this and getting on your nerves! We've reached the end of this year's Video Games Trivia, I apologise for the bumpy ride but I hope that it has been a fun time all the same. Thanks once again for taking part, hosting this event is something I look forward to each year and I hope it's something that continues!

As for this year, the final scores were:

Team Gears: 131.5 (101.5 points in the event, 30 points for Achievements - 80% throughout the event and two 100% answers back-to-back)
    Team Apricorns: 83.5

Team Gears Trivia: 49 Points
    Team Apricorns Trivia: 43 Points

Team Gears VGM: 44 Points
    Team Apricorns: 40.5 Points

So overall, on all fronts, Team Gears are this year's winners! These were some really close rounds though and it really did swing back and forth quite heavily! Congrats again Gears and good effort Apricorns!

Last edited:
    Back