• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VirGen of the Future

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    With a bunch of my cards dying for Virizion Genesect, its time to start building one for the future.

Pokemon:
    3 Virizion Ex
    3 Genesect Ex
    2-2 Roserade
    2-2 Abomasnow

Supporter:
    1 Colress
    2 N
    2 Shauna
    3 Skyla
    4 Juniper
    2 Shadow Triad

Trainer:
    3 Energy Switch
    3 Muscle Band
    1 G Booster
    1 Switch
    2 Ultra Ball
    2 Level Ball
    2 Skyarrow Bridge
    2 Tool Scrapper
    1 Super Rod

1 Professor's Letter
    1 Town Map

Energy:
    4 Plasma
    9 Grass

Now to decide what to replace with what has to go. Bolded ones are the ones that are cycling out.

Edit: An attempt at editing this deck.

Pokemon:

• 3 Virizion Ex
      3 Genesect Ex
      2-2 Abomasnow PLB
      1 Mewtwo Ex
      1 Jirachi Ex
    Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Juniper
      4 Skyla
      2 N
      2 Shadow Triad
      1 Colress
      1 Shauna
      4 Ultra Ball
      3 Muscle Band
      3 Energy Switch
      2 Switch
      2 Plasma Frigate
      2 Startling Megaphone
      1 Town Map
      1 Professor's Letter
      1 Energy Retrieval
      1 Sacred Ash
      1 G Booster
    Energy:

• 4 Plasma
      9 Grass
    The idea is to be able to supereffect the new fighting decks and mewtwo while being safe with plasma frigate.

Last edited:

Racket

The TCG Professor
    Years
    I think Super Rod, Level Ball and Skyarrow Bridge are rotating out of standard format (they'll still be playable in expanded format, but I'm not sure where that format will be used yet).

Replace Super Rod with Sacred Ash perhaps. Replace tool scrapper with startling megaphone.

I'd consider switching Abomasnow with Raichu XY (it's more effective against Yveltal, though Raichu requires a Muscle Band against PyRoar).

I'd probably consider adding Verbank/Lasers to the deck.

Munna BCR might be something to consider.

I'm still experimenting with Pokemon Fan club, but it looks like it would work fairly well with this deck. I've also been playing with Emolga (no retriet cost, call for family for 2 basic pokemon for 1 energy).

You might consider adding more Colress if you have the room.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    Raichu is going to be less useful with the loss of dark patch and sableye since Yveltal is going to lose most of its support. Thus making it less played. With the addition of fighting type pokemon. Raichu is going to be completely wrecked by a majority of decks. However, Abomasnow still does its job well.

Plasma Frigate for Skyarrow Bridge is probably a smart switch since its the only other useful stadium for this deck.

Sacred Ash can replace super rod. But the real problem is that the energy will not go back and that is the biggest thing. Energy Retrieval can be used for that, but then its a 2 card add in replacement of 1 card.

Roserade is going to be the biggest loss for this deck. It's consistency it provides is quite amazing. It may have to be changed to a Jirachi for supporters.

Increase of Ultra Ball is probably required. 3 at least though 4 might be better.

Switch is also something needed. 1 more should be enough.

Racket

The TCG Professor
    Years
    Good point about Roserade. Jirachi seems like a reasonal bet.

Abomasnow is definatly a great choice for this deck. I think the call is still close though; I'd expect that Yveltal-Ex will still be fairly popular (Big Basics, Garbodor, even Aromatisse), even if it's nerfed in dark decks (no more OHKOs out of nowhere). I wouldn't expect fighting pokemon to effect Raichu too much. The hit Raichu takes would be from the lack of Yveltals and other pokemon it counters.

Plasma Frigate definatly helps against fire decks.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2015
    Good point about Roserade. Jirachi seems like a reasonal bet.

Abomasnow is definatly a great choice for this deck. I think the call is still close though; I'd expect that Yveltal-Ex will still be fairly popular (Big Basics, Garbodor, even Aromatisse), even if it's nerfed in dark decks (no more OHKOs out of nowhere). I wouldn't expect fighting pokemon to effect Raichu too much. The hit Raichu takes would be from the lack of Yveltals and other pokemon it counters.

Plasma Frigate definatly helps against fire decks.

Yveltal lost it's first turn useage, now it is practically worthless. Mewtwo regains control of that field now, it sill has it's first turn availibility.

I play Big basics, I always love to see a nice killable Raichu/Pikachu on my opponents field, that can't really hurt my Landorus. The sad fact is, Raichu will lose playability as well, with the limited amounts of Lugia being played anymore, and them Yveltal will die as I said before.

Racket

The TCG Professor
    Years
    Yveltal-Ex and Darkrai-Ex are still good cards (at the very least, a lot better then worthless). Even with a loss of speed in dark patch based decks. I have my douts that they'll die off.

Years
    Darkrai and Yveltal probably won't completely go away. They're still perfectly viable for a mid-tier deck. They just won't be within sniffing distance of Tier 1 with the loss of their support.

Raichu is still definitely the wrong play for the future, though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    I'm thinking just added 2 mewtwo and throwing in replacement cards for everything else. This deck basically turning into anti fighting.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    So heres an edit i did online. It seems to be interesting.

Pokemon:

• 3 Virizion Ex
      3 Genesect Ex
      2-2 Abomasnow PLB
      1 Mewtwo Ex
      1 Jirachi Ex
    Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Juniper
      4 Skyla
      2 N
      2 Shadow Triad
      1 Colress
      1 Shauna
      4 Ultra Ball
      3 Muscle Band
      3 Energy Switch
      2 Switch
      2 Plasma Frigate
      2 Startling Megaphones
      1 Town Map
      1 Professor's Letter
      1 Energy Retrieval
      1 Sacred Ash
      1 G Booster
    Energy:

• 4 Plasma
      9 Grass

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    I wanna put this out here.. how bout skarmory bcr with plasma frigate to take on pyroar. Suicune and sigilyph? Attaching a dc and plasma makes for easy tech?

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    Well that would require adding both DCE and something not grass energy. How is that a good idea for such a grass centric deck?

Back