• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Visible Overworld Wild Encounter

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    Thank you for noticing that.
    For the next update it will be fixed.

About the second error you have, I am not able to replicate it. The script handles if the random tile is valid on the current map, so not sure what will it be.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    Hi everyone.
    During the implementations of new features I've been wondering about how to handle PokeEvents as temporals, so pokemon are not there after saving and loading up your game.
    Since it is a hard task I came up with an Add-On that does something similar but in a forced manner:
    Spoiler:
    This Add-On is a simple idea that removes all PokeEvents when loading a save and when transferring.
    Concerning player transferring:
    - Sometimes a transfer to the same map can happen, which won't clear and update the map
    - If you want to use it on specific transfers you will have to delete the last part ("#Overide transfer_player"...) and call "pbRemovePokeEvents" right before transferring to another location of the same map.

Also, with this Add-On you can call the script "pbRemovePokeEvents" inside any event whenever needed.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    In this post I bring not Add-On, but an animation resource.

So, for everyone who haven't noticed yet the new script for PEv19.1 has parameters to store the id of specific animations.
    Currently, since the only thing provided is code there was no need for this kind of thing.
    But for anyone that is interested in this, here are some examples on what you can do with them:
    Spoiler:

You can find these new animations I created in this download.

(WARNING! This resource overrides your current animations.rxdata which contains all animations from the database, DON'T use this resource if you already edited yours.)

If you already have your own animations and still want to try these ones here is a little tip:
    Spoiler:
    You can totally make your own animations instead, and remember this is for the script that works with PEv19.1 version.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2022
    Hi everyone.
    During the implementations of new features I've been wondering about how to handle PokeEvents as temporals, so pokemon are not there after saving and loading up your game.
    Since it is a hard task I came up with an Add-On that does something similar but in a forced manner:
    Spoiler:
    This Add-On is a simple idea that removes all PokeEvents when loading a save and when transferring.
    Concerning player transferring:
    - Sometimes a transfer to the same map can happen, which won't clear and update the map
    - If you want to use it on specific transfers you will have to delete the last part ("#Overide transfer_player"...) and call "pbRemovePokeEvents" right before transferring to another location of the same map.

Also, with this Add-On you can call the script "pbRemovePokeEvents" inside any event whenever needed.

Got this error when trying to load a saved game with wild pokemon on map, after installing the addon:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    Got this error when trying to load a saved game with wild pokemon on map, after installing the addon:

Spoiler:

Make sure you got the base script code right, install it again and add the Add-On

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2022
    Make sure you got the base script code right, install it again and add the Add-On

Indeed, updating the script did the trick but I didn't do that before because I was already using v.19.0.10 - so I assumed no changes were made. Seems like you forgot to change the version.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2023
    Has the modification for "different encounters for over-world spawning and original encountering on the same map - like in Pokemon Sword/Shield" been updated for V19.1?

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    Has the modification for "different encounters for over-world spawning and original encountering on the same map - like in Pokemon Sword/Shield" been updated for V19.1?
    It wasn't updated.

Here is the instruction to different encounters for over-world spawning and original encountering on the same map in V19.1:

Insert a new line in scripts under "Overworld_VisibleEncounter" and call it "Overworld_EncounterType", and paste this code inside:
    Spoiler:
    And done, the solution is much simpler in PEv19.1 (no need to modify scripts)

How to use:
    Spoiler:
    I think this should work properly as intended.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2023
    It wasn't updated.

Here is the instruction to different encounters for over-world spawning and original encountering on the same map in V19.1:

Insert a new line in scripts under "Overworld_VisibleEncounter" and call it "Overworld_EncounterType", and paste this code inside:
    Spoiler:

How to use:
    Spoiler:

Thank you! Works as intended so far!

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    I always get syntax errors when i put that script in
    You will need to specify and provide more information. What is your error log? Are you referring to the main script or the different encounters script? What version are you using?

PFA The Pokemon Fan

Scorbunny Gaming
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2022
    can somebody do the plug in version of it, not the script because the script gives me alot of errors and plug ins are easy

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
    Years
    It wasn't updated.

Spoiler:

How to use:
    Spoiler:

I don't know if I am missing a step but all the "overworld_[encounterType]" types aren't defined in those "has_[encounterType]_encounters?" functions.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    I don't know if I am missing a step but all the "overworld_[encounterType]" types aren't defined in those "has_[encounterType]_encounters?" functions.

You are right, i edited the code in that post ( this will fix the issue where "OverworldLand" only worked when "Land" is also defined )

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    brilliant Pokemon appear in overworld with gold Waves animation how can I do this? Iam using generation 8 project in Pokemon essentials v19.1

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    brilliant Pokemon appear in overworld with gold Waves animation how can I do this? Iam using generation 8 project in Pokemon essentials v19.1

About brilliant pokemon gold waves animation, the only way for now to add is editing the main code. The idea would be replicating everything related to shininess (except the appear animation, since you only want the looped one, I suppose, that will be in the PokeEvent update), not only that but also adding a new parameter for brilliant value on every method.

For example, inside pbSpawnOnStepTaken this part should look like this:
    Spoiler:

But more code would need to be edited.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi everyone. Again congratulations and thanks for such an incredible script.

I am working on a project in version 17.2 and I am trying to edit a piece of the catchcombo Add On so that I can use it when a Pokemon is captured and not when it is weakened (in regular encounters).

The problem is that I do not know scripting so well as to edit it and make sure that the chain of captures does not break when finding a different Pokemon,
    if not memorized until the complete chain of a certain species is captured (or broken only when a different one is captured).

Example:

Caught Ekans + Caught Ekans + Kill Spearow + Run away from Pikachu + Caught Ekans + Caught Ekans ==== Still works
    Caught Ekans + Caught Ekans + Caught Spearow ==== The chain breaks

(sorry for the example my english is not the best and i want to make sure i am explaining myself well)

Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks again...

PD: This is the code (basically the original)

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    Hi everyone. Again congratulations and thanks for such...
    If i remember correctly result == 4 is when you catched the pokemon (1 for example when battle won), also the reset should be inside the result condition.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If i remember correctly result == 4 is when you catched the pokemon (1 for example when battle won), also the reset should be inside the result condition.

Spoiler:

Oh! Thank you so much.
    Until now it works good. Thanks for the help.

I was not managing to find the correct code, my brain was boiling.

Back