• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VisualBoyAdvance Error

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I am having a problem with my VisualBoyAdvance, every Rom I load onto it keeps on lagging in sound. How do I stop the sound from lagging like that?

Edit: Doesn't anyone know how to fix this? I know your all looking at my post. Please help me.

Edit 2: I'm getting mad here. Everyone's ingoring my thread. Out of all the members on this forum there has too be at least 1 person who knows how to fix this problem.

Last edited:

hoouyol

Advance Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    VBA

Why don't you try the visual boy advance emulator version 1.72 , if it stiil cannot try VBA 1.8 that you can find in Google.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    no that didn't fix the problem, the sound still lags, plus I found out now, that my character also walks very slowly

Then I tried downloading this version: https://forums.ngemu.com/attachment...196678452-random-lag-vba-visualboyadvance.rar

The sound is fixxed now but now there's no picture.

I know I shouldn't post up links here but this is the only way, to show which one I'm having trouble with, as I don't know what version this one is

Last edited:

hoouyol

Advance Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    VBA

Is it the VBA setting problems or your rom is corrupted? try downloading a new rom and try again!

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    it's not the rom, you know it may not be the emulator either, cause I tried playing one of the roms on a different Emulator and it did the same thing yet, videos play, and I know it's not the Roms cause they played before, before I reformatted my computer

Zamith

The well-known trainer (not)
    Years
  • Well... dunno. If it happens in different emulators, then it might be something way more complex than my limited computering knowledge can deal with. Anyway, taking a look at VBA here at home, the only thing that made my ROM lag was some options regarding Frame Skip.

Option -> Frame Skip -> Throttle

I don't really believe that is your problem... but.. if you wanna check it out. Mine is regulated to "No throttle".

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Have you tried turning the frame skip to other OR if you haven't tried turn the volume to mute and on again OR there may be a problem with the video and not the sound are you using speakers or do you have a laptop?

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    no none of that worked, and I'm using Speakers, as I have a Desktop, the Speakers are in the Computer Screen, there not two little boxes sitting out there in my screen

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Ok check all of your things look like this:
    Spoiler:

I copied this in paint to here.... <_< >_>
    If it's still not right i'll look into it...

Last edited:

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    it works on there but the Roms end up being too blurry

Edit: Found out what was wrong. My Drivers need to be updated. But I can't update them, unless I can find something that will let me update them for free. Anyone know of a website that will let me update my Drivers for free?

Last edited:

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I clicked on a lot of those links and none of them will let me update my drivers for free, the only part that's free is the scanning, to update I gotta pay

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I need all them updated, my video drivers and my Sound drivers I don't know what you mean by what driver I'm using I'm using the same ones everyone uses like the sound driver and the video driver

Raven-NAR-32450

The Great and Powerful RAVEN
    Years
  • hmmm, my best idea is too increase the CPU speed to 150% and set frame skip to zero, thats what i have for settings and i have no lag in sound

Back