• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Month] Voting - July 2014

Hack of the Month

• [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326806"]Pokémon Twisted Mind[/url]

Votes: 46 46.5%
  • [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=313989"]Pokémon Aureolin[/url]

Votes: 24 24.2%
  • [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=320530"]Pokémon: Saiken Version[/url]

Votes: 29 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020

Hack of the Month Voting - July 2014

We pick, you choose. Participate in polls every month to decide the best hack of that month!

Introduction

This is a monthly ROM Hack contest to promote our community's progressing hacks. ROM Hacking moderators will pick three hacks each month, and you members will have until the next month to vote for your Hack of the Month. The winner hack's thread will be stickied for a month, until the next month's winner is announced. Only hacks in the Progressing Hacks forum are eligible for nomination. You may suggest hacks you'd like to see in the following month's contest in this thread.

Eligible Hackshttp://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326806http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326806

Pokémon Twisted Mind by The Riddler
    ALPHA1_zps1fbfe8b9.png
    Update5_zps5acf16a8.png
    Boxite5_zps1f1ade63.png

Pokémon Aureolin by Superjub
    tLOPCUQ.png
    P7Q46wL.png
    S5KibhJ.png

Pokémon: Saiken Version by joltjolteon
    Tcxv5Va.png
    cab27f57e4.PNG

Rules

You may only vote once per month.
    Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
    Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
    Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
    Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.

Last edited:

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • For me, it's Aureolin. Originally, I was really rooting for Twisted Mind, but once I saw the first cutscene of the story, it majorly put me off. That said, Twisted Mind is a close second because it is very beautiful.

How was that off-putting? I don't see how it was bad, I thought it had a nice build-up.

Years
  • How was that off-putting? I don't see how it was bad, I thought it had a nice build-up.

Well, to be blunt, the hack's story seems excessively and unnecessarily edgy and grimdark for no reason. The murder of the protagonist's mother seems to serve for really out of place drama that the vibrant colours and art style of the hack really clash with. It just doesn't work, in my opinion.

Years
  • Well, to be blunt, the hack's story seems excessively and unnecessarily edgy and grimdark for no reason. The murder of the protagonist's mother seems to serve for really out of place drama that the vibrant colours and art style of the hack really clash with. It just doesn't work, in my opinion.

I don't think the intruder actually murders your mom, I mean, aren't you going in an adventure to look for your mom?

Years
  • I don't think the intruder actually murders your mom, I mean, aren't you going in an adventure to look for your mom?

It is left rather ambiguously, I suppose, but her over world disappearing, followed with the dialogue of "heh... strangely satisfying" led me to believe that, at least. Either way, the dialogue sounds like something Shadow the Hedgehog would say, and the story in general still just seems overly edgy.

That said, I still think Twisted Mind is one of the better hacks in the subforum at the moment and definitely deserves to be nominated, that kind of narrative isn't just what I would consider appealing.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • Saiken the best of month, for me the best, the other two are good, but for me not have the suficient to vote for your hacks, and I love the GBC retro tiles!!!

Hitsushiro

someone
    Years
  • Saiken for me~ The retro feel is just perfect for me, and the hack has a professional feeling. The creator puts a lot of time and effort and takes one step at a time, making every detail perfect.

Also, the heading for the thread seems to be incorrect. It's the month of July, but it says "Hack of the Month Voting - May 2014" in the heading.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2016
    I vote on Twisted Mind. The screenshots and events looks very appealing to me, it's just awesome.

Years
  • I vote on Twisted Mind. The screenshots and events looks very appealing to me, it's just awesome.

"It takes great honor to vote on a Pokémon Hack for Hack of the Month when your hack was also elected to be voted" - Abraham Lincoln
    Jokes aside, it is very nice of you to vote on the one you think is best, rather than your own.
    Never the less, your hack's seems pretty good, aswell as Aerolin and Twisted Mind, however Twisted Mind will probably win, because neither of these 3 games has a beta and from the screenies, the most appealing would be Twisted Mind.
    I mean, it's hard to compare with Saiken, since the graphics are downgraded on purpose (by that I mean that they are from previous Gen, not that they're bad)

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2016
    "It takes great honor to vote on a Pokémon Hack for Hack of the Month when your hack was also elected to be voted" - Abraham Lincoln
    Jokes aside, it is very nice of you to vote on the one you think is best, rather than your own.
    Never the less, your hack's seems pretty good, aswell as Aerolin and Twisted Mind, however Twisted Mind will probably win, because neither of these 3 games has a beta and from the screenies, the most appealing would be Twisted Mind.
    I mean, it's hard to compare with Saiken, since the graphics are downgraded on purpose (by that I mean that they are from previous Gen, not that they're bad)

I don't think that is possible to vote in my own hack, even if I wanted, haha

I seriously hope that Twisted Mind wins (and by the looks, it will). It's still an great honor to be featured in the poll!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I appreciate being nominated (and all those who have voted for my hack so far!) :D

Twisted Mind does look really amazing though, and I always appreciate hacks that incorporate Fakemon since there seems to be a general stigma against them. Only complaint I guess is that sometimes there seems to be too much of a contrast in the tiles (some seem to bright compared to the duller tiles and vice-versa) but that's just a minor nitpick. :)

Saiken's an interesting one. It's a FireRed hack imitating the graphics of G/S/C which is definitely unique, and it gets massive props for that. But personally, idk, I just see it as a bit of a downgrade and too odd of a choice. That and some of the menus/text box seem to clash with it but it's still early days and I have no doubt that'll be changed later on. It does seem like a promising and unique hack! :D

Twisted Mind gets my vote but it's definitely tough competition! Best of luck to everyone.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I went for Pokemon Twisted mind
    dat starter script was awesome in my opinion, not to mention the tiles look great :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back