• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Manga] Wanna read through Pokémon Adventures?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I thought about reading through PokéSpe again all the way from the R/B chapter. Anybody wanna join me? We could read a couple of chapters a week at least or so, and reminisce and chat about it here :) I mean, if I knew I had someone to talk with about it, it would be more fun and not as easy to give up if I got busy or distracted.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I'd be interested! We were talking about the Special manga over in a thread in Pokemon Trivia, and the discussion reminded me of just how much I missed. It's been years since I've read anything of Special, so doing it this way can be a fun way to catch up and talk with others about it!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'd be interested! We were talking about the Special manga over in a thread in Pokemon Trivia, and the discussion reminded me of just how much I missed. It's been years since I've read anything of Special, so doing it this way can be a fun way to catch up and talk with others about it!
    Nice! I might start reading a bit, the first volumes are not nearly as long winded as the later ones. But it would be cool if more people joined in, of course.

I for one loved the chubby, bubbly kind of artstyle of the first volumes. All the pokémon looked so cool somehow, especially Bulbasaur. Nowadays in PokéSpe they look much less three dimensional, if that makes any sense.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Sure i'd love to do it. This would be my first time though.
    First time? How exciting, it's a great ride.
    Ooh I recentally did this since I finished up to BW. I wouldn't mind re-resetting(only got to yellow haha) if you're still up for this. Or anyone. ^
    Awesome! Let's use this thread to post our progress and talk about the things we maybe didn't think of the first time around.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So is there a certain day we all start, and is this gunna be like a book club? X3
    Hm, I was going to start right now actually :3 Should we set some kind of goal for each week or so? I don't want it to be tedious to keep up with though. We're doing it for nostalgia's sake! And for new readers, of course.

... And the obvious first thing that comes to mind is - what happens with Red's Nidorino? xD The pokémon he captures on the second or third page, haha.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Hm, I was going to start right now actually :3 Should we set some kind of goal for each week or so? I don't want it to be tedious to keep up with though. We're doing it for nostalgia's sake! And for new readers, of course.

... And the obvious first thing that comes to mind is - what happens with Red's Nidorino? xD The pokémon he captures on the second or third page, haha.

Ah, a goal of maybe, two or three chapters? They aren't too long but you'll still want to read 5 books per day if anyone here is like me haha.

I would like to think he gave it to someone like maybe one of those kids, but I mean this was 'first few pages' Red; he probably he probably just released it right after.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Two or three chapters per week can be the minimum and 10 can be max maybe? So we'll have something sorta common to discuss here haha.

And yeah, I guess he gave it away!

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    I'd totally be down for this. I actually started reading it not too long ago for the first time, and I'm currently on chapter 25 of R/B, so I'm not even all that far in yet. c:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Totally random commentary of Chapters 2-7. (I read Chapter one a couple days ago instead lol)
    Also, are we using Jap or Eng names for Blue/Green? I go with Japanese by default, but I'll change it if we agree on English. (I can explain my opinion on why to use euther names later but for now comedy)

Spoiler:

End. I love dat Mt Moon escape tho.~

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm very conflicted about your post here. While I personally would happily tell anyone who wants to know, where you can read manga online, it's sort of against the rules of PC, as much of the online stuff is considered illegal. I read up on it recently to understand why, actually.

Either way, it seems you forgot to read the rules.
    Regarding scans/scanlations of manga: you may not discuss or link to manga hosting sites, torrents, galleries etc. Exception: you may link directly to one or a few manga pages on the web now and then if you want to show something or prove a point; for the sake of the discussion, simply. PC cannot be a library or host of scans or scanlation projects, no matter what has gone down in the past.

*shifty eyes*
    Not sure we ever said anything about sharing links in private messages though...
    *cough*
    We just don't want to gather attention from people who roam the web and find us as unregistered guests looking to get an answer to "where can i read pokespe online". See? :)

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • I'm very conflicted about your post here. While I personally would happily tell anyone who wants to know, where you can read manga online, it's sort of against the rules of PC, as much of the online stuff is considered illegal. I read up on it recently to understand why, actually.

Either way, it seems you forgot to read the rules.

*shifty eyes*
    Not sure we ever said anything about sharing links in private messages though...
    *cough*
    We just don't want to gather attention from people who roam the web and find us as unregistered guests looking to get an answer to "where can i read pokespe online". See? :)
    OH, I DIDN'T REALIZE THAT WAS AGAINST THE RULES >.> *shuffles uncomfortably* I'll go delete that post....

Back