• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Warp script

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2017
    Ok, so I am making three warp scrips for three separate maps. two work exactly how I want them to, but the third doesn't. It followed the same steps as the other two though.

I have
    warp 0x3(bank) 0x4(map) 0x1(warptile) 0x0(filler) 0x0(filler)

But for some reason it will always warp me to 0x3 0x5 0x1 0x0 0x0. Why is this?

EDIT: I tested it with another warp, 0x0 0x5 0x1 0x0 0x0, and it still brought me to the same place as the other incorrect warp.

Last edited:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Ok, so I am making three warp scrips for three separate maps. two work exactly how I want them to, but the third doesn't. It followed the same steps as the other two though.

I have
    warp 0x3(bank) 0x4(map) 0x1(warptile) 0x0(filler) 0x0(filler)

But for some reason it will always warp me to 0x3 0x5 0x1 0x0 0x0. Why is this?

EDIT: I tested it with another warp, 0x0 0x5 0x1 0x0 0x0, and it still brought me to the same place as the other incorrect warp.

If I remember correctly, the last two aren't fillers. You need to put the X Y map things there.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2017
    I don't think I need the x/y if I am using a warp tile as the destination, but I will try.
    All my other warp scripts work fine without the x/y.

EDIT: nope that didn't help at all. :(

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2017
    Ok, so I figured it out. I knew my warp script was written out correctly, and it was. Haha. The thing that was messing it up was the Special 0x17B, which is the sea gallop animation. (my warp script was using a boat). Turns out that the special not only plays the animation but will warp you to the same spot all the time.

So now my question is, how do I use the animation of special 0x17B without using its warp?

Back