• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Or you could buy a used 2DS, which is already really cheap. The lack of 3D shouldn't be a problem, though unfortunately the 2DS itself isn't exactly "pocket-friendly." xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I have a roleplay thing going on with a friend and Ash is battling his rival Trip with his XY Pokemon and oh my god it's amazing. But even though I'm writing Ash I still don't know what the heck he's up during the battle sometimes. 2 unorthodox 4 me.

ahhaha yeaaah. i think it was to make it kid friendly but meeeeh.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Yeah, I'd rather not talk about that again after typing up more than one tl;dr about it in this thread hahaha.

Let's talk about remakes! Do you feel that a Sinnoh remake would be "crossing the line" if done too soon, or would you like to see it during the next generation? Discuss! :3

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years

I would say to wait for the next handheld, since they did that for Hoenn.

even though making Hoenn in generation 5 would've been so much better looking but that's just my opinion

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

Can I just say that Hoenn remakes in Gen V would have ruined the plans they had? Gen V was COMPLETELY NEW so they would have to redo what they had if they went back on that by adding in an old region. :/

Also, I'm pretty sure a Diamond/Pearl Remake will be coming in the next generation. And now that I've actually almost finished Diamond Version I have to say I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO HAPPEN. not to mention Pokemon Adventures Dia Pearl and Platinum come back *w*

Years

I honestly really wanna get into competitive battling. As if there aren't enough reasons already to have me wrapped to Pokemon though lol.
    My only problem is that my ultimate dream probably wouldnt stand a lot of chance against some teams. I would first have to evolve Dragonair and Haunter, which I otherwise would never have done it. Next, Umbreon probably isnt the strongest Dark Pokemon, and on top of all that, my Ultimate team types arent that...versatile, so to say. Ghost, Dark, Dragon, Fire, Flying, Water. As interesting as it is to me, I dont cover all of their weaknesses. :D
    Still I'll eventually make a really good team out of them, as soon as I find someone patient enough to explain it all to me xD

blue

gucci
    Years

It's hard to say whether I would've preferred Hoenn in Gen V styled graphics. Initially I was hoping this would be the case, but after Gen VI came along it feels like those graphics enhanced the Region so much better than Gen V graphics would've.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

I don't know if I want to see a Sinnoh remake already. DPPt felt like one of the most complete games, I feel there's not enough room to make decent improvements yet. It'd be a shame if it would just be another DP game, but only restyled. And it makes me feel outdated because Diamond is the most recent game I've played yet.

My only problem is that my ultimate dream probably wouldnt stand a lot of chance against some teams. I would first have to evolve Dragonair and Haunter, which I otherwise would never have done it. Next, Umbreon probably isnt the strongest Dark Pokemon, and on top of all that, my Ultimate team types arent that...versatile, so to say. Ghost, Dark, Dragon, Fire, Flying, Water.

They're not even that bad. Gyarados, Umbreon, Dragonite and Gengar are used a lot on Smogon at least. Don't underestimate Umbreon's tankyness and access to STAB Foul Play.

Years
    34iforgotyetagainwowsurprise

I don't know if I want to see a Sinnoh remake already. DPPt felt like one of the most complete games, I feel there's not enough room to make decent improvements yet. It'd be a shame if it would just be another DP game, but only restyled. And it makes me feel outdated because Diamond is the most recent game I've played yet.

They're not even that bad. Gyarados, Umbreon, Dragonite and Gengar are used a lot on Smogon at least. Don't underestimate Umbreon's tankyness and access to STAB Foul Play.

Yeah I guess you're right. I'll try to get some decent movepools from people on the forum.
    Still, I reaaaally want Dragonair instead of Dragonite, I will seriously never get over that lmao

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years

Same feelings here, Guardian. I have no idea how to properly use an Abomasnow, so I just hide in my inverse battling dungeon because that's where it'll be strongest. :X

I never liked the idea that some Pokemon outclass others, and I get that it's all in the use, but some Pokemon just aren't equal to each other in power.​

Huseyin

Not positive, not negative
    Years

Competitively , I mostly use my full evolved favorites like sawsbuck and~espeon and mostly it works out really well!

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

The most I do is random battles or Challenge Cup because it's chaotic and I find fun in that.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

Random battles save the effort of team building and they can be really funny because you can't plan your team in advance, but I'm not really a fan of full random (or whatever it's called) where you get random Pokémon with random moves that are often not really useful with held items like fossils and berries you've never even heard of. The lack of balance is higher than normal.

Years

Same, but I mostly suck at competitive as a whole. When there's a mini-tourney I almost always lose in the first round unless some dumb luck works in my favour.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Just to let you guys know I'll be taking off the 'DCC' and putting this game with the rest. Nothing will change! You can chatter all you want it just won't be stickied and be the 'official' DCC of this place because does this place really need one? Not really :b

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back