• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen We Are The Champions [August 2016]

Who is your favorite?

• Total voters
Years
  • Welcome to Third Generation's featured thread- the Poll of the Month! Seeing as this board's a bit slower than most on PokéCommunity, we'll be doing monthly polls rather than weekly ones, but the premise will be the same- pick any of the options from the poll above, and feel free to post about your choices. Also, if any of you have a question that you would like to see featured as the PotM, feel free to send me a VM with your idea(s), or leave it with your post in this thread. If your topic gets picked, you may even earn a special reward!

Now with all that said, this month's poll question is:

"Which third generation Pokémon League Champion is your favorite?"

All skilled trainers you come across throughout your journeys, Blue, Steven, and Wallace all hold the coveted title of Champion, depending on which version you're playing. The real question though is which of these three young men do you believe is most worthy of that honor? Let the voting begin!

Years
  • I know I'm in the minority here but voted for Wallace since he's a Water-type user along with enough type diversity so that he can't be easily swept by Water's typical weaknesses. Also, we know Milotic are a pain to battle against.

Years
  • My favourite champion of Gen III is Blue, the first time I ever played Fire Red it was such a shock seeing him as the champion. I loved his character throughout my journey across Kanto and having him one step ahead of me yet again spurred me onto victory.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • No doubt Wallace can be a great champion, but I've always felt Steven is much stronger then we are led to think in R/S/E. He's a great charcter overall, and is sort of a friend to the playable character. Atleast that's my two cents on him XD
    Blue kind of needs to learn more about -his- Pokemon and just being their trainer before becoming a Champion.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • Gary comes off as very unlikable. Wallace is hard to take seriously as a champion and is the easiest champion to beat in any pokemon game.

So, Steven it is.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Gary comes off as very unlikable. Wallace is hard to take seriously as a champion and is the easiest champion to beat in any pokemon game.

So, Steven it is.

Diantha is easier :p
    But I voted Steven.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I like Blue more. Better balanced team, so it's more of a challenge.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Steven! He was pretty difficult in Sapphire (probably because I only had a Sceptile) and I never really liked how Wallace replaced him :(

PankajBlitz

Taiyoh!
    Years
  • Wallace is cool. He deserves to be a champion. More than that he sometimes reminds of Achromatic ( Don't tell him)

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • A bit hard to choose between Steven and Blue for me, but ultimately I had to go with Blue. Partly due to nostalgia, however he has a very balanced and formidable team as the champion. And as someone else said, he's also the only champion who is also the player's rival, so it only makes it that much more satisfying to beat in the end.

I also have a bit more of a bias toward him now after watching the origins special, because I felt the special added a lot more depth to his character and his relationship with Red as a whole, and so idk, I just feel a lot more connected with Blue.

That being said, Steven is also a very formidable opponent and I remember having quite a bit of struggle against Wallace as well. I enjoy fighting both of them. Although I do remember feeling like it felt a bit out of place to have Wallace as the champion in Emerald, but that probably stems from me having played on Sapphire the most out of the three Hoenn games.lol

Back