• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Week Seven: I just can't stay interested for that long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neko Mizu

Kawaii
Years
  • I am pretty bad with watching anime. It took me more than a year to finish Death Note. And I still have not even gotten half way through Spiral: The Bonds of Reasoning. And there are some series that I have only watched one or two episodes and stopped but enjoyed what I have watched of it.

I tend to try to watch anime as it is airing, but end up waiting until it is finished.

There are also some series that I did not finish because it is only subbed. I try to watch it subbed because it is not dubbed, and then I get a headache and stop. I have attempted to watch Henneko, but stopped half way through the first episode almost every time due to headaches.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I am pretty bad with watching anime. It took me more than a year to finish Death Note. And I still have not even gotten half way through Spiral: The Bonds of Reasoning. And there are some series that I have only watched one or two episodes and stopped but enjoyed what I have watched of it.
    How can you not go through Spiral as quick as possible?! It was so good, I couldn't stop because I was wondering what will happen next.

There are also some series that I did not finish because it is only subbed. I try to watch it subbed because it is not dubbed, and then I get a headache and stop. I have attempted to watch Henneko, but stopped half way through the first episode almost every time due to headaches.
    He? Why would you? o.O
    I do understand headaches from dubs, but from subs? o.O

Indefinite hiatus ... I am going to steal that from you haha. Best phrase since I don't like using dropped. Indefinite hiatus seems... less negative I guess?
    Definitely agree xD

And if we go into indefinite hiatus there's only one show that is still on it: Naruto. (which I haven't even added to MyAnimeList). I already went through Bleach, I'm not watching fillers for the sake of watching things.
    Oh yea, Naruto... know that feeling. I stalled Shippuuden on episode 222 and I don't want to continue =D
    222 is cool and I don't want to watch Naruto anymore xD

Neko Mizu

Kawaii
    Years

• He? Why would you? o.O
    I do understand headaches from dubs, but from subs? o.O

Headaches from my own language? No. The voices in subs are not as great as people say they are. Just because they are "The original voices", or "Done the way it was intended", does not mean the voices are good. They are squeaky and annoying most of the time and do not fit the characters in my opinion. Plus I do not understand a thing they are saying, and if I wanted to read the dialogue, I would go get the manga. I would rather relax when I am watching anime. Since is anime not about watching, and manga about reading?

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I am pretty bad with watching anime. It took me more than a year to finish Death Note.

I know that feel. Death Note's that one anime that I started, got halfway and forgot that I was watching it ;-;
    and i still haven't finished it either :(

Oh yea, Naruto... know that feeling. I stalled Shippuuden on episode 222 and I don't want to continue =D
    222 is cool and I don't want to watch Naruto anymore xD

You got pretty far into it though. I really only got up Episode 30ish before going on that indefinite hiatus.

Years
  • Plus, anticipating for the next episode always feels good.

Sometimes that anticipation turns into not being patient enough, haha. I'll find myself itching to find out what happens and if it has a manga counterpart, I'll become tempted to start reading.

Having a MAL account also helps generally because I don't like things being on my list too long/ out of date/ I also don't want to drop anything so it kinda forces me to watch. Of course in some cases I have dropped because I couldn't take watching it because of boredom or whatever, but it does help me to finish.

MAL mainly helps with organizing my anime series and keeping track, but that's basically it. Though sometimes I look at it and whenever there are series on the "on hold" list, they actually inevitably become dropped in the long-run \: Often times, I'll remember what the plot of the series is, but completely forget what happened in the episodes leading up to where I left off so having to catch up becomes daunting.

How can you not go through Spiral as quick as possible?! It was so good, I couldn't stop because I was wondering what will happen next.

I found the manga better than the anime, to be honest.

I know that feel. Death Note's that one anime that I started, got halfway and forgot that I was watching it
    4.%20cry.gif

and i still haven't finished it either
    3.%20frown.gif

-straps to a chair, tapes eyes open-
    You must finish!

Anyway, I'm one for watching while series are airing. Mainly because I have a general tendency to lose interest in series fairly quickly so binge-watching will only lower my patience. That's not to say that I have never done it before, but very rarely do I start and finish a series through binging since I'll start skipping through the episodes as I become bored.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I usually watch seasonal animes as they're being aired every week. I'm a faithful audience so I'll always catch the episode within 24 hours of it being uploaded. The only time I wait for animes to end before I binge-watch them are for those with a high number of episodes, such as Fairy Tail. I know that they will be sure to have fillers so I prefer to stream them all at once (so that I can skip the filler parts). Plus these long animes are known to use up the start of an episode to recap the previous episode and what not.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I know that feel. Death Note's that one anime that I started, got halfway and forgot that I was watching it ;-;
    and i still haven't finished it either :(
    Um... halfway... Nio? If that, I can see that.

You got pretty far into it though. I really only got up Episode 30ish before going on that indefinite hiatus.
    Welp, my younger self.

I found the manga better than the anime, to be honest.
    I don't argue with this =D

Headaches from my own language?
    Okay, in this case, it can be a bit different.

No. The voices in subs are not as great as people say they are.
    They are ;)

do not fit the characters in my opinion.
    If this was the case, why would the seiyuus be selected for them? ;)

But yea, let's not talk about voices in here.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I usually watch seasonal animes as they're being aired every week. I'm a faithful audience so I'll always catch the episode within 24 hours of it being uploaded. The only time I wait for animes to end before I binge-watch them are for those with a high number of episodes, such as Fairy Tail. I know that they will be sure to have fillers so I prefer to stream them all at once (so that I can skip the filler parts). Plus these long animes are known to use up the start of an episode to recap the previous episode and what not.

Well... it depends on the series.

If you tell me I have to watch Naruto's fillers I would say is a no-go. However if you tell me that I could watch One Piece's fillers little by little I would probably do it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • If you tell me I have to watch Naruto's fillers I would say is a no-go. However if you tell me that I could watch One Piece's fillers little by little I would probably do it.
    Yea, agreed, watching fillers ongoing is brutal...
    I tended to just skip the anime and wait for more filler episodes to pile up.
    And... this always brings me to Endless Eight xD

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Yea, agreed, watching fillers ongoing is brutal...
    I tended to just skip the anime and wait for more filler episodes to pile up.
    And... this always brings me to Endless Eight xD

I did watch the whole Endless Eight arc because KyoAni. LOL. I think I can no longer say a thing about Beyond the Boundary.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back