• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekend Nights of Trivia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    yea, I blame bobandbill for that.
    Well I couldn't really help living in Australia making sunday night my monday morning during which I was at uni. XD Otherwise I might have been able to give people a run for their money. ;p But congrats to the winners this time as well.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Since a good number of our organizers weren't really available, I just gave them all to AdvancedK47 and told him to do with them what he wanted. Buuut I really should have looked over them a bit more, as some of them weren't really well thought-out. :x

Any whooooo...

Thank you all for your participation this year, it was a lot of fun! The IRC channel really gave it a more triviaesque vibe, and it really seemed like everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Perhaps after a bit of tweaking, and a lot more planning... next year could harbor the most super special awesome trivia nights PC has ever seen! :D

Once the Get-Together comes to a close and the emblems are uploaded, all of you who came in first, second, or third place either night will receive your respected emblem. Of course, everyone who participated will get a nice emblem as well!

Hope to see everyone again next year~! Hiidoran out, y'all.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I noticed you left some of my questions out, Hiidoran

??Why? They were really hard??

I filtered out a few questions as well. Because even with extensive research I find doubts in the answers as well as comprehensibility of a few questions.

Of course, everyone who participated will get a nice emblem as well!

...They will? ... o_o'

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Well I couldn't really help living in Australia making sunday night my monday morning during which I was at uni. XD Otherwise I might have been able to give people a run for their money. ;p But congrats to the winners this time as well.

Maybe the admins of this event could hire multiple supervisors to oversee multiple events during different peak-hours of the day. It would be a lot fairer and more people would be able to participate. In addition, I'd also suggest somehow installing a bot to spew out questions, as I've seen quite a few that automatically score and a bot could make the questions go by faster. If not, that's great too.

Of course, that also means you'll need more questions.

Can you PM me next time so I can help set up too? I don't want to EO it, but I'll be happy to supply a lot of questions if you need.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I was initially planning on a bot, but we only had a week, and that wasn't exactly enough time to script anything.

But, I'll try to get the hang of the scripting language and have something for next year. This event will improve in many aspects and help the cause of the get-together, to help bring members closer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back