• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to our new Pokémon Sun and Moon forum!

Years
    It is interesting to see that "third" legendaries tend to have more explored upon them in the anime, and that's what I'm likely suspecting for Zygarde. If they wanted to move to a new generation right now without tying loose ends in Kalos, I guess they decided to use the anime's XYZ arc as a substitute to explore Zygarde's mystery.

pkmin3033

The anime tends to tell a more complete story since Legendary plots became a thing in Gen III; it focuses on both mascots and gives the third Legendary its own movie most of the time...except for Best Wishes, but that was a terrible season. I guess this time it's just giving the third Legendary its own role in the anime.

Zet

Years
    This isn't gen 7 people. Why?

Spoiler:

Because this fella exists.
    They have been put onto life support :(

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2016
    I've herd this game is not getting a stellar recption in Japan do you think it will fare better in America or other countries

I think it might be poorly received

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    I've herd this game is not getting a stellar recption in Japan do you think it will fare better in America or other countries

I think it might be poorly received

I wouldn't be so sure about that, the games won't be out until late in the year, and we still have very little information or gameplay known at this stage. Game Freak also seem to have put a lot of effort in (given this year is Pokemon's 20th anniversary) so fingers crossed we don't get much in the way of disappointments.

pkmin3033

Way, waaaaaay too early to say if these games will be poorly received or not yet. They're going to have substantially more to prove in Japan than in the West thanks to the popularity of Yokai Watch over there - which hasn't been the global success I think people were hoping it would be - but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. When all we've got to go by with these new games are the titles...well, good luck predicting anything in terms of sales performance. xD

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
    they should make a pokemon that looks like a hamster
    and a G pig! ♥
    (not sure if there are pokemon looking like that already, im not updated with all recent new pokemon :D )​

pkmin3033

they should make a pokemon that looks like a hamster
    and a G pig! ♥
    (not sure if there are pokemon looking like that already, im not updated with all recent new pokemon :D )​
    There's Dedenne, Gen VI's Pikaclone, which is based on a hamster! No guinea pig yet, though.

pkmin3033

I'd love to see the early Normal-type rodent be a guinea pig.
    Same! It could be the normal rodent for the gen or the Pikaclone...or both even. It'd be especially precious if it came with different fur patterns, kinda like Furfrou's styles, only not quite as unbearably tacky. xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    A new trailer aired in Japan for the Magearna and Volcanion movie.

Also starting this Friday for everyone that use Pokémon Bank the regi trio will be distributed with their Hidden abiities.

Last edited:
    Years
    A new trailer aired in Japan for the Magearna and Volcanion movie.

Also starting this Friday for everyone that use Pokémon Bank the regi trio will be distributed with their Hidden abiities.

Just a reminder that Serebii has posted details on it. The Regis will be available until October 31st and come with their hidden abilities - Regirock with Sturdy, Regice with Ice Body and Registeel with Light Metal.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    I know we all love speculation but this...this is certainly interesting to say to least. The series is no stranger to following up on certain events, dialouge and the like in previous generations. Does 'pink Pokemon with flower patterns' from Gen I ring a bell? Well...(and yeah initially the one with reBURST left me really skeptical, but now this is easing me a little bit on it):

Years
    I know we all love speculation but this...this is certainly interesting to say to least. The series is no stranger to following up on certain events, dialouge and the like in previous generations. Does 'pink Pokemon with flower patterns' from Gen I ring a bell? Well...(and yeah initially the one with reBURST left me really skeptical, but now this is easing me a little bit on it):

I kinda like how you've pointed out all these connections and shoutouts. It's making me anticipate what shoutouts to other games (or even other Pokemon media) in Sun & Moon.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    I kinda like how you've pointed out all these connections and shoutouts. It's making me anticipate what shoutouts to other games (or even other Pokemon media) in Sun & Moon.

Well Game Freak does like to revel in these references and shoutouts. It's even more interesting when it crosses other media in the franchise as well.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Has anyone already discussed about this popular youtuber's predictions in regards to Sun and Moon's plot?

This seems to contradict the Hawaii theory if this is what our legendaries will be based off of.

Years
    Has anyone already discussed about this popular youtuber's predictions in regards to Sun and Moon's plot?

This seems to contradict the Hawaii theory if this is what our legendaries will be based off of.

The legendary doesn't always have to be themed around what the region is being based off of. But it is intriguing to hear that Game Freak wants to back to basics so that they can somehow compete better with Yo-Kai Watch, who seem to be stealing some of the fans.

pkmin3033

The turning into a Pokemon thing makes me think of Bill, especially considering there was the hint that elements of Red and Green were going to be incorporated into Sun and Moon. Granted, it was in a slightly different context, but that's the first thing that pops into my mind.

Back