• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
  • BigEZ66: Literally just went 7 turns without a single scald burn
    BigEZ66: mathematically, that should be impossible
    BigEZ66: 210% chance of burn
    BigEZ66: like wat -_-

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Dat gamblers fallacy tho. :t195:

Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I still feel guilty about flinching Anti's entire team to death with Jirachi. Heatran and Swampert are checks? Think again.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    What's the deal with FEAR on the bottom ladder, if people there aren't even capable of pulling it off correctly? I mean I'm not the best battler in the world and even that strategy can put me into a though spot, that is, if you play it correctly and don't forget to set your Aron to level 1. {XD}

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • https://www.serebii.net

Look at the latest news here. According to that, an event Zoroark was released, and it shows that it gained Sludge Bomb (a TM it can't learn under normal circumstances). It could help against Fairies big-time, and is especially helpful when Illusion is broken and when Zoroark can hit a Fairy on the switch. On Nasty Plot sets, it may have to give up Flamethrower or Focus Blast, however.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Kinda wonder why they suddenly decided to give it Sludge Bomb....

also PU is apparently an official tier now

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2019
    PU is an interesting tier certainly. You know it is when pokemon like Mr mine and Kekleon are good, and Poliwrath is a top tier threat.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Ah yes. PU. Now my competitive ace, Avalugg, can truly shine. What now, Dark Azelf?

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023

Well you know what, Dark_Azelf? You're about to find out. I'm going to show you why Avalugg is the premier offensive spinner of OU. Watch out Excadrill and Starmie, someone's got your number…and it's Avalugg.

I'll start out with your standard Avalugg set:

Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Avalugg @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Recover
    - Avalanche
    - Earthquake

Now I know what you're thinking right now. What sets Avalugg apart from other, more overrated spinners in OU? Well let me tell you. Avalugg simply has the right tools to get the job done. OU's biggest threats find themselves trembling in fear as they are unable to switch in due to the mighty offensive prowess of this defensive Avalugg. I mean, what can you do even do when your opponent sends this thing out? Do you want to lead with a Garchomp and try to set up Stealth Rock? Sorry buddy, no can do. Avalugg threatens to OHKO with Avalanche. Perhaps you noticed that your pathetic land shark cannot hold up to the girth of Avalugg, and you decide to switch to Heatran. Think again simpleton, for you see Heatran is simply no match for Avalugg's hard hitting Earthquake coming off of that sky high uninvested base 117 attack.

With that being said, I know what you're probably thinking. "Avalugg has so many cons that it could not possibly see any usage in OU." Think again, dullard. What cons does Avalugg truly have? When you break Pokémon down to a science, and begin to play the REAL game, you reach a certain stage of enlightenment. You realize that Avalugg is truly not susceptible to Stealth Rock damage because it spins them away itself then uses Recover to heal off the measly 25% of its health it lost switching in. You realize that it has no weaknesses due to utilizing the infamous AvalKing (Avalugg + Slowking) tandem effectively. There is simply no end to the usefulness of Avalugg.

I think my point has been made. However, if you do need further proof, I have provided a series of damage calculations below to show that Avalugg truly has no problem going mano a mano with anything OU has to offer.

0 Atk Avalugg Avalanche vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def Garchomp: 472-564 (112.3 - 134.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    -1 0 Atk Avalugg Avalanche vs. 248 HP / 180 Def Salamence: 388-460 (98.7 - 117%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
    0 Atk Avalugg Avalanche vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 306-362 (94.7 - 112%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
    0 Atk Avalugg Avalanche vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 324-384 (101.5 - 120.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    0 Atk Avalugg Avalanche vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 272-324 (88.5 - 105.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
    0 Atk Avalugg Avalanche vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Breloom: 356-420 (136.3 - 160.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    0 Atk Avalugg Avalanche vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 181-214 (60.9 - 72%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
    0 Atk Avalugg Avalanche vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Gliscor: 424-504 (119.7 - 142.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    -1 0 Atk Avalugg Avalanche vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 304-364 (79.5 - 95.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
    0 Atk Avalugg Avalanche vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Pinsir: 254-300 (93.7 - 110.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
    0 Atk Avalugg Avalanche vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 308-366 (105.4 - 125.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    0 Atk Avalugg Avalanche vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 392-464 (131.1 - 155.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    0 Atk Avalugg Avalanche vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 356-420 (119 - 140.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    0 Atk Avalugg Avalanche vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Alakazam: 274-324 (109.1 - 129%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    0 Atk Avalugg Avalanche vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 223-264 (86.1 - 101.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    A couple weeks ago, while I was watching some video on Youtube, I wrote a comment regarding stall and now, a couple weeks later, people randomly started replying and discussing about things like how to play stall, how much prediction is neccessary to play stall well, whether or not Thundurus runs Grass Knot for Quagsire, whether or not Hoopa-U beats Sableye-Mega 1v1, etc. {XD}

Just reminds me that I pretty much know nothing about said playstyle...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    A couple weeks ago, while I was watching some video on Youtube, I wrote a comment regarding stall and now, a couple weeks later, people randomly started replying and discussing about things like how to play stall, how much prediction is neccessary to play stall well, whether or not Thundurus runs Grass Knot for Quagsire, whether or not Hoopa-U beats Sableye-Mega 1v1, etc. {XD}

Just reminds me that I pretty much know nothing about said playstyle...
    I'm just surprised your Youtube comment got remotely intelligent responses really

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back