• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Were you Able to Complete the Pokedex?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • In R/S/E, it is extremely hard to complete the National Pokedex. Were you ever able to complete the National Pokedex in these games?

jensmoking

Little boygirl.
    Years
  • I'm trying, but having to play fr/lf three times for the legendary beasts is the most tedious part.
    I remember having to play almost half of a year only to get Feebas hehe

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • Yes.
    I played all five GBA and two GameCube games to get all Pokémon except, obviously, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and Deoxys. Thanks to the GameCube games, I didn't need to replay any of the GBA games to get the Johto starters or the Legendary Beasts, but I did play FireRed and LeafGreen twice each for the Kanto starters. Strangely, Feebas wasn't that much of a pain to find once I decided to stick to the area above the waterfall (and fly to Dewford to change the trendy phrase if I could't find it there) and Chimecho didn't register to me as a particularly rare Pokémon at all.

And then, just because I hate empty Pokédex slots and because, objectively, mythical Pokémon shouldn't have been a thing to begin with, I found a homebrew to turn a GameCube memory card into an Action Replay and used it to catch Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and Deoxys in Pokémon XD. I already had the rest of the Dex filled out 100% legitimately and got all of the associated props from Prof Birch and Oak, so I had no qualms about doing that.

Last edited:

Quiji

Shining
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2021
    I completed my collection of Pokemon in Sapphire, Emerald, and LeafGreen, although I had to cheat to get some of the Mythical Pokemon and Entei. I'm currently trying to complete my collection in Ruby version, but I only have around 200 Pokemon so far.

Last edited:
    Back