• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] What’s the best item for Luxray

Years
  • I tried to get life orb however i realise i have to unlock the battle tower which means beating cynthia so any suggestions on next best item for a Luxray

Moveset is Discharge,Crunch,Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave.

It's so I can be ready for cynthia

Side question: What's the best item for Mismagius?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Why two Electric-type moves? I know most of Luxray's coverage comes through egg moves, but if you already have a paralysis move in TW there's no point having Discharge when Thunderbolt is far more powerful. I'd use a TM for either Iron Tail (although the accuracy is iffy) or Facade. Not actually sure how much coverage you gain, but right now you've got a wasted move slot. You'd be wanting to keep it away from Bertha but the former move would give it super-effective on her Sudowoodo and Lucian's Mr. Mime.

As for the item - Shuca Berry, as there is a lot of Earthquake going around, could easily turn a loss into a win.

Years
  • Ah gotcha!!

I'll try and find the one for iron tail if i can!! I've been using the hideaway to level up my pokemon like a lot recently cause i'm trying to get them to level 70 so.

Besides like i kind of have two Pokémon with hex so not sure if one of their moves need to be changed (Froslass and Mismagius).

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ah gotcha!!

I'll try and find the one for iron tail if i can!! I've been using the hideaway to level up my pokemon like a lot recently cause i'm trying to get them to level 70 so.

Besides like i kind of have two Pokémon with hex so not sure if one of their moves need to be changed (Froslass and Mismagius).

If your strategy is to status everything then hit it with Hex then no, it's a great strategy! Two team members of the same type isn't often ideal but if you're at Lv. 70 I'd assume you'll be fine (personally haven't entered Victory Road yet haha). But if you weren't planning on spreading status (and obviously Bertha's team and the dreaded Garchomp are all immune to Thunder Wave) I'd definitely look at upgrading to Shadow Ball

Years
  • To be honest - i don't know what the best tactic is because like i just wanna beat them and Cynthia so that i dont have to go through the torment xD

Plus mismagius technically has both hex and shadow ball whilst froslass only has shadow ball i believe

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2023
    If you're unable to obtain the Life Orb for your Luxray at the moment, there are other items you can consider to enhance its performance in battle. Here are a few suggestions:

Choice Band: This item boosts Luxray's Attack stat by 50%, but restricts it to using only one move until switched out. With its move set of Discharge, Crunch, Thunderbolt, and Thunder Wave, Luxray's Electric and Dark-type moves can hit hard with the Choice Band's power boost.

Expert Belt: The Expert Belt increases the damage Luxray deals by 20% when it hits a super-effective move. Since Luxray has a diverse move set that covers Electric, Dark, and potentially Thunder Wave for support, this item can help it deal more damage to a variety of opponents.

Magnet: The Magnet boosts Luxray's Electric-type moves by 20%. It can be a useful item if you want to maximize the power of Discharge and Thunderbolt.

Days
  • I also think Thunder Wave should be changed for Superpower. It's an amazing coverage move and very useful for Luxray.

Facade should be changed too. It's only useful with Guts and Flame Orb set. I would choose Volt Switch

Back