• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently playing? V4

.hack

skunkape
Years
  • Playing through this new story quest on Genshin now, I think I just missed an event :/ honestly hate that fomo side of it, hopefully I didn't miss too much.

Also played Power Rangers Battle for the Grid & Jump Force a bit for the first times.

Trying to get enough remote raid passes in PoGo to snag myself some Mewtwos too & hopefully a shiny!

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I finally got to try out Fall Guys since it went F2P. I tried it out on my Switch.

I can see why people like it that's for sure. It's extremely fun... I'm just really bad at it 😅

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Fire Emblem: Three Hopes

And then the Sunbreak expansion for MH Rise will be coming out soon so there'll be that too

Years
  • Still just keeping up with Genshin and trying to finish FF7 before the month ends. Got Cyber Sleuth and the PL:A postgame on the backburner too.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    on a whim i got The Outer Wilds in the Steam sale, and wow. It's a really odd game and not at all what i expected. It scares me and makes me go d'aww at the same time and it's so much fun to explore but i'm probably too dumb for the supposedly simple puzzles and riddles i have to solve ahah.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I finished Gravity Rush 2 and got it's Platinum. Overall... about this franchise... it wasn't good but it wasn't bad either. It was very disorientating at times and overly difficult as well. As for Gravity Rush 2 specifically... there were times when it was better than the first game... and other times when it was worse than the first game. I kind of feel like the story was all over the place and did a little too much with not enough time to do it all. I don't know I can't really describe or explain it and I'm not good at this sort of thing. But I'm not going to say I regret buying or playing them because I got 2 Platinum Trophies out of them and saying that would feel like a hypocritical contradiction. But it is what it is I guess. It's not that I was disappointed... that's another game right now that we'll have to see gets overtaken or not.

Would I get a Gravity Rush 3 were it to be made? Well... let's just say... I'd feel obligated to even if I may not necessarily want to.

Next up for me, which I started last night, is Tales of Graces f. I've only played about an hour-ish of it so far... and... I'm loving it already. Shockingly. I wasn't expecting to like it this much honestly this fast after hearing it had bad story but great gameplay. I can see why most say it has great gameplay though. Definitely enjoying it and it's super fun. I just don't think I'm very good at it right now lol. We'll see what happens obviously.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Completed Xenoblade 2 yesterday. Great game but 70+ hours and I still don't understand element orbs, specially how to set them up. The lack of a tutorial section would've been useful for a game as mechanically complex as XC2 @_@

Anyway I started the Torna expansion today and reached Gormott. Might play around with sidequests on the way to Torigoth. The regular battle theme is a banger, might I add.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Completed Torna the Golden Country about 2 days ago. I finally understand Blade Combos now, would've been nice to know all that during the base game! Starting another playthrough of Xenoblade DE tonight.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2022
    Playing Roblox more than anything else these days. PvP matches are such an addiction man.. not here to brag but I have a 90% win record and a highest clicking speed of 21 auto clicker per second. 😜 Does anyone else play Minecraft here? ping me up!

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • Still grinding Duel Links a bit and playing PoGo when I can (but not as much as I was anymore).

I also saw a friend last night and we alternated between Tekken 7 & Nickelodeon All Star Brawl. It was my first time playing All Star Brawl and we had a lot of fun! I wanted Reptar to be my main but in practice I did a lot better with Toph! I know it had a rocky launch/reception but the game was good fun and I'd love to see them continue to work on it and add more characters in!

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Moving on to a replay of Future Connected after beating my second playthrough of Xenoblade DE yesterday. My first file was 11 hours so I should beat this in about 3-4 days. Plenty of time before XC3 comes out.

pkmin3033

With a week to go until Xenoblade 3, I am very much in "what the fuck am I supposed to do in the meantime" mode...starting anything TOO long or time consuming that I don't want to risk dropping is probably not a good idea.

...and so I started Scarlet Nexus. On Steam Deck this time, rather than PS5. This is the third time I've tried to get into this game now. I've never even made it past the first chapter. I don't know why, it's a game that I've wanted to play for a while, but just...never got around to. Like Astral Chain. EXACTLY like Astral Chain, in fact. It's anime video game Power Rangers SPD. In case anyone is wondering what the hell I'm talking about when I say this, see this for reference. I wish someone would do a Scarlet Nexus version. Anyways, I'm still going with Kasane first. Because I hate characters like Yuito and I always will.

I also started playing Overlord: Escape from Nazarick. This is the second Metroidvania I've played this year based on an anime I know absolutely nothing about, the other being Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth earlier this year. That was...OK. This is...also OK. Although I don't care for the timer ticking down in the corner telling me how long I've been playing for. I'm not a speedrunner, game. Go away. I love how the character I'm playing as walks, I've never seen something so animated - you can FEEL the pissed off rage in her every stride and I love it. She doesn't walk as much as she does stalks and it's fantastic.

Also casually playing PMD DX again. As a Cubone this time, with a Skitty partner. I'm heading to Articuno and I'm level 64...the Dojo really breaks this game. So do the vitamins and gummis, my stats are waaaay above what they should be at this point in the game. I'm also packing Blizzard. Cubone is ridiculously versatile, though. Bonemerang is straight-up broken, Brutal Swing has fantastic range, and False Swipe fills out the fourth slot for recruitment purposes, although I should really put Fire Blast or Rock Slide on there for coverage. Or I would, if I wasn't overlevelled and knew how to exploit the game so I don't struggle at all. It's just something to do.

I was playing Birushana but I'm really not in the mood for an otome right now, so I dropped it. I did pick up The Centennial Case in the recent sale though, so I might give that a try over the weekend. I should probably pick up Stray as well, if only because everyone else on the internet seems to be playing it right now. My Sunbreak file has gone neglected for most of this week and I should do a few hunts to stay in practice as well, if only because I do not want to have to replay the game/relearn things when the title update drops and there are things to do in it again.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I've been playing Fortnite with my little brothers again, one is 6 and just got his first console (Nintendo Switch), the other is 12. It's mad how rapidly the younger one is improving, his bday was early july and he could barely do anything we had to explain the most basic stuff like walk forward, avoid the storm. Now he's getting kills all on his own, the 12 year old brother is already better than me and our older brother lol, so guess it won't be long before the smallest one overtakes us too. For now all three of us are doing our best to support him and help him get better at the game!

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Completed Future Connected back on Friday. Just casually playing Bravely Default 2 at work. After buying it all the way back in January
    The plot isn't anything special in my opinion, but the gameplay is as fun as the first two games. Currently at Chapter 1 right now, so maybe it'll pick up later.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • It took far longer than it probably should have to be completely honest with you... but I finally finished Tales of Graces f last night as well as the extra Lineage & Legacies story.

Honestly... I don't have much to say. But don't take that as a bad thing. In fact... the game shocked the hell out of me in multiple different ways. It looks like everyone was right. The story... wasn't great for the most part. It was good at the start. More so than I was expecting. But after the first 10 hours or so... it plateaued. But in the end... this didn't have an effect in any way whatsoever. Because the gameplay? FANTASTIC. AMAZING. Other key words. lol.

Probably the best Tales of system I've seen and experienced since Berseria. So freaking fun. So great. Just the best. I wish more Tales of did **** like this. It is what it is I suppose. It even over-took a Tales of that's been my favorite forever. But it was the only Tales of I played until I realized I was a fool for not playing more. I feel like even more of a fool now. lol. But it doesn't matter anymore. I'm definitely sticking with this franchise for good now. So yeah... the gameplay alone is why this game was so god damn good and so god damn great and ended up shockingly high in my Tales of list. Hell... outside of Xenoblade Chronicles 2... this was probably the best game I've played this year thus far. But that says more than it's supposed to since I haven't really played a lot of 'good' games this year. So take that however you want. Please play this game. The gameplay alone makes it so worthwhile. I don't care it's stuck on PS3 (and I guess Wii) right now. It really is worth your time just for the gameplay alone. But do whatever you want to obviously.

Here's my updated Tales of list for those who care about that sort of thing:

Berseria
    Graces f
    Symphonia
    Zestiria
    Symphonia 2
    Vesperia

Next up for me... which will start either tonight or tomorrow night... Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time. Not exactly ideal for a break from Tales of. It's just pain and suffering. But it's what's next. So I'll have to deal with it whether I like it or not or if I want to or not. Oh... and my next Tales of is finally the one that I hear about constantly... Abyss. After Crash 4. Uh oh..... 😬

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • A lot of Duel Links and PoGo but not as much time console gaming, I bought a few new games on switch so hopefully sink my teeth into them soon!

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
  • Sonic CD, specifically a decomp of the 2011 version that got ported to the 3ds thanks to utter geniuses. What's better is that it supports mods so you can try out a lot of fan made additions, i.e. Super Sonic, Drop Dash implementation, graphic changes, etc.

Other than that i'm trying out a ROM hack called Heartgold Rebalanced which is more true to the original HGSS but adds more catchable pokemon, improved trainer battles, type/stat changes to some pokemon, all that epicness. I love it so far!

Back